Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Good point. In this case, this can help to explain why the quality control during post-production appears to be lackluster for the most part. Nike can set its QA/QC standards and implement them jointly with the factory owners but the downfall is this: factory owners in China who use cheap labor (whether or not they are contracted with Nike) are more than likely not using lean production processes, no six sigma training & implementation, nothing.

Im i the minority on these boards that for me it's about the shoes since I grew up watching MJ play and now how they're made (minority being how they're made not watching MJ), costs, etc. I've been fortunate to work with former Nike employees and be part of industry groups where best practices are shared. Nike is very LEAN with great quality standards. People would also be amazed at how little their products cost. Jordans (retros) for example run about $30 a pair landed in the US. NikeTalk is in the minority when it comes to how much these sneakers are scrutinized. What are there about 500,000 pairs run per release? You have what maybe 200 NTers maximum on these boards unhappy with the quality??? That's six sigma levels of quality even though the intensity here is incredibly high. The funny thing about all the quality comments is that most if not all that complain keep the product and go and buy more each and every release.

Edit: 200 defects on 500,000 paints isn't six sigma. But my point is the quality standards are high. Hopefully this note heads off any people with Google who think their experts

Last edited:
Bro the '88s were not easy to get at all. At 4:51 EST on 2/6/13 all hell broke loose online. I got lucky using both a PC and my iPad/iPhone. I added to cart somehow on on the idevice and finished check out on NDC. I actually thought I had taken an L since everything was crashing but when I reloaded NDC on the PC there they were. That was not a GR release and the current prices reflect that. They did sell more during ASW and that was probably the easiest place to cop.
hmmm...yes i guess it was hard online..except my friend was about to get two pairs for me and it wasnt as hard as some other jordans that he usually gets...

Its luck.. but these were a relatively easy pick up for me.. I got me and two friends pairs with 0 effort.. I swear its rigged by IP or something bc I bought.. created a new nike login.. bought.. created a new nike login bought.. like it was just a normal shoe on a normal day.  Like @bigj505  said its just your luck that day (i think thats who said it) bc I struck out for hours on the blk/red (i know bred hurts feelings here) 13's and the playoff XI and basically every shoe between 2013-2015. Struck out on infra/carmine/motorsports 6 but copped multiple blk/rd 1's and too many 3lab5s on 3G in a pool in pr half asleep.. so yea its all luck.   Thats why I got so many raffles for these.. online is funny.
yes...the shoe game is a hassle..thats why its good to know people that have instant access to all releases so they can sell you a pair hassle free for a small increase in price over retail....

I would snatch a pair asap. Even though these were made in huge quantities, this is a special shoe and resale prices will never drop below what they are now. A lot of people were laughing at me, but in a few years these will most likely resell for close or at '88s prices. Unlike other hyped shoes, lots of people bought these to actually wear and keep. A lot of people bought 2 pairs and at least one of them will be worn within the year. Next year I'd expect the avg prices to be $450-500 easily. This is why it is so important to always cop on RD. A lot of people underestimated this shoe given what we've seen with all the previous releases. A NA WC/BC 3 or 4 is a different beast.
making me feel like holding on to my pair and sit until prices jump..lol..

Yeah the bot I had stopped working for me also and I just refuse to buy a bot for hundreds. I got really discouraged and just started buying Js again with the maroon release. I was out of the loop for a while so I didn't know hype had died down and I could actually buy them without any trouble.
not to mention the increase in production that made it able for more people to get a pair easier..

Anyone else have this toe box issue?
it looks like one toe box is bigger than the other...
alien.gif
..so which one it the normal height that was released to the general public, the left or the right..

Last edited:

Good point. In this case, this can help to explain why the quality control during post-production appears to be lackluster for the most part. Nike can set its QA/QC standards and implement them jointly with the factory owners but the downfall is this: factory owners in China who use cheap labor (whether or not they are contracted with Nike) are more than likely not using lean production processes, no six sigma training & implementation, nothing.
Im i the minority on these boards that for me it's about the shoes since I grew up watching MJ play and now how they're made (minority being how they're made not watching MJ), costs, etc. I've been fortunate to work with former Nike employees and be part of industry groups where best practices are shared. Nike is very LEAN with great quality standards. People would also be amazed at how little their products cost. Jordans (retros) for example run about $30 a pair landed in the US. NikeTalk is in the minority when it comes to how much these sneakers are scrutinized. What are there about 500,000 pairs run per release? You have what maybe 200 NTers maximum on these boards unhappy with the quality??? That's six sigma levels of quality even though the intensity here is incredibly high. The funny thing about all the quality comments is that most if not all that complain keep the product and go and buy more each and every release.

Edit: 200 defects on 500,000 paints isn't six sigma. But my point is the quality standards are high. Hopefully this note heads off any people with Google who think their experts
lol you do process improvement for a living? these were MUDA jk I liked them

Can't wait to get my pairs in hand. I had them delivered to my parents' house so I'll visit them tomorrow and also pick up my pairs. :smile:

with the quality of authorized pairs UA pair prices should be close or leass than retail with the same quality....lol

I have never and will never go near a fake pair ever no matter how good or close it may look. Fake is fake. Once you go down that route, you become fake. Who was that guy with the fake Rolex? whose bezel and crystal came off on live tv? Never a good look.

with the quality of authorized pairs UA pair prices should be close or leass than retail with the same quality....lol
I have never and will never go near a fake pair ever no matter how good or close it may look. Fake is fake. Once you go down that route, you become fake. Who was that guy with the fake Rolex? whose bezel and crystal came off on live tv? Never a good look.
I have fake pairs of these.  Flame suit is off.

I don't want to get into the whole UA debate but if you think UA pairs"fakes" have the same quality as authentic pairs you are mistaken. :rolleyes

you can always use that excuse that people dont look at them with a microscope and wont tell when you start wearing them on your feet...lol..

View media item 1919689

it looks like one toe box is bigger than the other...0] ..so which one it the normal height that was released to the general public, the left or the right..
need tape measure.  that left shoe looks positioned in front.  tape measure rules out optical illusions.
It's not an illusion, the left shoe is lower than the right. Just asking if anyone else has this problem.

Meek miLL of all people :lol:

it looks like one toe box is bigger than the other...
alien.gif
..so which one it the normal height that was released to the general public, the left or the right..
need tape measure.  that left shoe looks positioned in front.  tape measure rules out optical illusions.
It's not an illusion, the left shoe is lower than the right. Just asking if anyone else has this problem.
the laces are looser on the left.  Im not flaming.. Im trying to help you fix the issue.  a ruler will help you see the issue.. the cut of the leather could be different but at least if they are tied the same (or better yet being worn, post a on foot no one will notice) you can hopefully make it less noticable

Back
Top Bottom