Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Good point. In this case, this can help to explain why the quality control during post-production appears to be lackluster for the most part. Nike can set its QA/QC standards and implement them jointly with the factory owners but the downfall is this: factory owners in China who use cheap labor (whether or not they are contracted with Nike) are more than likely not using lean production processes, no six sigma training & implementation, nothing.
Im i the minority on these boards that for me it's about the shoes since I grew up watching MJ play and now how they're made (minority being how they're made not watching MJ), costs, etc. I've been fortunate to work with former Nike employees and be part of industry groups where best practices are shared. Nike is very LEAN with great quality standards. People would also be amazed at how little their products cost. Jordans (retros) for example run about $30 a pair landed in the US. NikeTalk is in the minority when it comes to how much these sneakers are scrutinized. What are there about 500,000 pairs run per release? You have what maybe 200 NTers maximum on these boards unhappy with the quality??? That's six sigma levels of quality even though the intensity here is incredibly high. The funny thing about all the quality comments is that most if not all that complain keep the product and go and buy more each and every release.

Edit: 200 defects on 500,000 paints isn't six sigma. But my point is the quality standards are high. Hopefully this note heads off any people with Google who think their experts
Care to expand on Nike's LEAN standards as you say, especially since you imply you're an expert and that you've worked with Nike employees? I, too, grew up watching MJ play and have seen his entire career, from UNC to the Olympic team on. I, too, come from an industry where best practices are constantly shared and implemented. I, too, work in Operations and Production. And Nike isn't the only big company in the U.S. that would amaze people at how little their products cost because they outsource their manufacturing overseas and use Six Sigma principles to maximize operational efficiency. Of course, Nike's quality standards are high. Heck, a big box retailer such as Target, whose large amount of inventory aren't even produced by Target brands, utilize very high quality standards when it comes to their operations.

Out of those 500,000 pairs Nike makes, I'm willing to bet there's a 25% deficiency rate on pairs not meeting "high quality standards." That's 125,000 pairs. My point being, their QC/QA during the post-production stage is more than likely mediocre because the factory owners in China are not being held accountable and monitored to the fullest by Nike's executive management imo. Which means this part of the process is not centralized at all. There is no excuse why Nike had to cancel the AJKO 1 Black/Red release last year because of mold. No excuse. This was an example of a very poor quality process after production.

JB gonna JB. Nothing you can do about it but get down or lay down. You'll change before JB does, js.

they already changed me from buying general release pairs to buying the limited releases....imo the limited releases were made soo much better ie banned, bin23, psny, ovo, fragment, or even just buying OG releases when jb used to make their shoes better...
Bong. Most limited releases are all hype though. Not my cup of tea, just more of a cash grab for JB..Fragments the only thing u mentioned that I would even look at twice, but that resale is too rich for my blood..

Last edited:
everyone who is complaining about QC needs to be reminded that JB is making hundreds of thousands of pairs of these, impossible they don't have slightly off pairs. This isn't a shoe they made 1,000 off only which would be easier to handle.

[thread="627620"] [/thread]

View media item 1919720

View media item 1919722

I'll probably end up sending them back to Nike.
If these are a 9.5 you should def return them Ill give you their address.. but if these are any other size.. maybe im biased but they do not look bad dont return them.. you wont notice this walking around and no one else will either
Nah they ain't 9.5 lol. I have another pair that are perfect so I won't be too upset letting this one go. I'm not as fussing as some people but Id be self concious about the defect, I'll ponder on it for a minute.

Ain't that what happened with the dude that got booted from the thread. One of his shoes were taller than the other? Just put an extra insole in the shorter shoe :smile:

i think his pair was taller than the other when you look at them from the back..this problem is that the tip of the shoe is shorter than the tip of the other shoe...this is probably the most ive ever seen with defects..there are definitely more returns out there than what is being posted on NT...maybe when jb gets enough returns and b grades they will start to improve on their QC operations...

Naw this is nothing new. You just haven't been around.

This kid hypebeast about to take the Number 2 spot in posting in this thread and all he's been doing is bashing the shoe :rofl:

ide like to thank everyone that has quoted me and attacking me with name calling and negative comments...if it wasnt for you this would not have been possible..lol

seriously the posts have been more informative with truth..just shows how much wrong there is in information here....

First came the leather bashing, then saying limited shoes are better and now the unauthorized are made with the same leather if not better than these.

Everything has been negative about this shoe in your eyes and yet you remain in here. :lol:

Last edited:
the craziest one was posted on NT a while ago when some UA bought a bunch of og bred 1's the same size mj wore and reconstructed one pair and sold it as an actual mj game worn shoe for $30,000...even the authentic documentation was fraudulent...lol

Wow that's crazy. The Chinese are even having problems themselves. Tons of Bordeaux wine (esp Lafite-Rothschild) bought through auctions none the less have turned out to be fake. Even fake eggs and rice have been sold in China lmfao! That really says it all when you can't even trust your food.

First came the leather bashing, then saying limited shoes are better and now the unauthorized are made with the same leather if not better than these.

Everything has been negative about this shoe in your eyes and yet you remain in here.
laugh.gif
are you saying none of it is true................................

everyone who is complaining about QC needs to be reminded that JB is making hundreds of thousands of pairs of these, impossible they don't have slightly off pairs. This isn't a shoe they made 1,000 off only which would be easier to handle.
You're right, it's virtually improssible that they won't have "slightly off" pairs. When you say slightly off, I'm sure you mean a little excess glue here and there, uneven stitching, dirt marks, etc.

However, very noticeable speckle paint that is smudged, heavy molding, and upside down jumpman logos are without a doubt NOT slight imperfections and should've been caught by Nike QC. These are the defects I'm referring to that have been existent with numerous production runs over the years. Those pairs should not have made it to retail. Good thing Nike cancelled the AJKO's that had mold all over them.

Wow that's crazy. The Chinese are even having problems themselves. Tons of Bordeaux wine (esp Lafite-Rothschild) bought through auctions none the less have turned out to be fake. Even fake eggs and rice have been sold in China lmfao! That really says it all when you can't even trust your food.
lol you been to chipotle.. you cant trust your food either 
roll.gif

Last edited:

You're right, it's virtually improssible that they won't have "slightly off" pairs. When you say slightly off, I'm sure you mean a little excess glue here and there, uneven stitching, dirt marks, etc.

However, very noticeable speckle paint that is smudged, heavy molding, and upside down jumpman logos are without a doubt NOT slight imperfections and should've been caught by Nike QC. These are the defects I'm referring to that have been existent with numerous production runs over the years. Those pairs should not have made it to retail. Good thing Nike cancelled the AJKO's that had mold all over them.
yea im glad they got smoked on those AJKOs, serves them right for giving us ****** pairs over the last few years. Bad Karma

Anybody dealt with kicks-crew before, Thinking about grabbing these & some hares from them. But wanted to see if they are a legit source to cop from.

lol you been to chipotle.. you cant trust your food either :rofl:  

Thankfully I have lots of good Mexican options in my hood. There's a dope Mexican restaurant and bangin trucks selling the real deal. I still like Taco Bell and had to stop going back in '06 I think it was when their ish had e.coli all up in there.

Everything has been negative about this shoe in your eyes and yet you remain in here. :lol:

are you saying none of it is true................................

I'm saying you need to get a life....

You must be related to Steve :smh:

Last edited:
View media item 1919766
Candid shot, these are the most comfortable 4's I've ever owned! Wow...with a slightly wide foot, I have to "break in" a lot of J's but these are soooo comfy out of the box. It's about to be a great night tonight :smokin happy Saturday NT

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm saying you need to get a life....

You must be related to Steve
mean.gif
my job at the current moment has me on call for emergencies only....nt has been a temporary thing to kill time since th wc4...nothing like getting paid while being at home saving money by not going out and spending...

Back
Top Bottom