Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

It only bugs me on the 4's. Cause when they came out, they were always referred to as the Black/Cement Grey's.

It's funny that you'll hear people say BC3's and then Bred 4's in the same breath. For some reason you rarely hear people say Bred 3's.
People also think elephant print is cement print 
mean.gif

It only bugs me on the 4's. Cause when they came out, they were always referred to as the Black/Cement Grey's.

It's funny that you'll hear people say BC3's and then Bred 4's in the same breath. For some reason you rarely hear people say Bred 3's.

If it were up to me, people would call the Black color ways 4-8, 11-14, simply the "Playoffs", with the exception of the "Space Jam 11's.

Welp, my suspicions about the painted midsole on these have been confirmed. There are signs of cracking at the heel already after about a half dozen wears. Mind you this is normal wear as I haven't balled in them or anything. I weigh 185 lbs btw so I don't crush midsoles.

All the 4's that I do own have done this except for the recent Oreo's. I've worn those numerous times without any signs of cracking/chipping. Nike still taking Ls on this "remastered" thing. I had planned on wearing these to the ground so I'm not too upset, but pretty disappointed in their continued lack of addressing quality/durability issues.

I did purchase a backup pair that will be worn after these are done, which may be sooner than later. I do maintain my shoes very well and clean them after each wear, but not much you can do about cracked midsoles. Think I may be done with JB again after these though
mean.gif

You can see the cracking at the ridge on the midsole near the sole.

Last edited:
Some eastbay employees are wild disrespectful lmao why.. Also why is there a 40 minute wait.. Waited 40 minutes for the lady to pretend she couldn't hear me

Actually, this shoe is still deadstock.  Does this imperfection bother anyone to the point of not being acceptable?  I'm still trying to decide myself.  I plan to wear them semi-regularly (once or twice a week), so if normal wear and tear will make this unnoticeable, I'm OK with it.  I bought it from NDC.  Thanks for any feedback.
after wearing them it should be unnoticeable...i returned mine for fear of having the look of too many wrinkles...

one thing i haven't seen mentioned yet...

these retros have the nike air on the insoles facing each other - like its supposed to be -->

Last edited:

the sole didn't have NA branding, 88s still winning tho, more of a well put together retro quality wise. & the hangtag
roll.gif

for $20 cheaper mind you

​still can't believe i scored 2 off FNL.... right before the autobots fully took over.. now on RD i can't even get on their page lol. 
went thru FNL aswell, copped 2 thru backdoor 
nthat.gif

They kinda corrected it, the "Air" is actually smaller than what was used in that promo pic. green rhino123 green rhino123 It's still off though.

The AIR on the back of the 2016 is off too. It has smaller font but ..... IDGAF. I finally got my favorite shoe in it's truest from. Never had them in 1989, but I did have the black/cement 4's. When I got my box of Wheaties and it had the poster of him walking down the street in the white/cements that image was burned into my mind forever.

White/Cement > Black/Cement

Ordered these from a site I won't name (legit) that I purposely cancelled the order for on these, they responded and said they had cancelled it, charges reversed and all. Get back from vacation this wknd and see a note on my door that post office has a package for me.

Go to post office amd what do you know, open the box and I have these shoes. Never received a tracking email or anything.

Last edited:
Ordered these from a site I won't name (legit) that I purposely cancelled the order for on these, they responded and said they had cancelled it, charges reversed and all. Get back from vacation this wknd and see a note on my door that post office has a package for me.

Go to post office amd what do you know, open the box and I have these shoes. Never received a tracking email or anything.
"Do The Right THING"!...lol!..
U know what i mean....give them to me!...haha...I need a 2nd pear to ice.

Last edited:
In my eyes "bred" is just short for "black and red".

Everyone that has a problem with the term bred, make sure you don't use terms like you're, I'm, TTS, FTL, etc.

Also, don't use etc. either, that is short for etcetera.

If I use the term bred, it's around other sneaker heads that should understand I am really saying "black and red".

Back
Top Bottom