Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

For those that ordered off of Nike.ca did you get your orders yet? Mine's been sitting at the Arrived in Destination Country / Departed Origin Country (but arrived happened first??)

these are the reasons why a video is needed on how to fix the toe box. 
As ridiculously worded as it is, his explanation is pretty on point.

Take your shoe.

Stuff the toe with socks or something.

Shape the toe a little with your hands.

Take a damp towel and lay it across the toe.

Take an iron turned up half way and set it to steam.

Lightly go over the toe a few times over 15 sec.

Let the steam work itself into the toe a little.

Repeat until desired effect is achieved.

Don't rush. 

Enjoy.

View media item 1923349
I know a lot of people will say I ruined my pair, but I like the final outcome. I'll admit I suffer bad from OCD and have since I was a kid, so little details bother me. At least my method inspired others to get the results they wanted. I've been messing with my shoes for years, starting back to when I lightened the elephant print on the fire red 3s in 2007

View media item 1923349
I know a lot of people will say I ruined my pair, but I like the final outcome. I'll admit I suffer bad from OCD and have since I was a kid, so little details bother me. At least my method inspired others to get the results they wanted. I've been messing with my shoes for years, starting back to when I lightened the elephant print on the fire red 3s in 2007

Dang, now that speckling is dense!
Did you add some speckles???

Last edited:
Hey guys, I need some assistance. I was looking at the bottom of my shoes and noticed that one pair has more ridges than the other. Anyone else have this issue? For $220, I would expect Jordan/Nike to get this sole ridges thing fixed and correct. As you can see, the top pair has 1 more line of ridges than the bottom pair. WTF. I should return this trash. Do you think Nike CS would give me a 20% discount code for this mistake?

tongue.gif

For those that ordered off of Nike.ca did you get your orders yet? Mine's been sitting at the Arrived in Destination Country / Departed Origin Country (but arrived happened first??)
No, I haven't either, it takes a lot longer getting stuff from Nike Canada, you should have them Thursday or Friday.

View media item 1923379

View media item 1923381

Hey guys, I need some assistance. I was looking at the bottom of my shoes and noticed that one pair has more ridges than the other. Anyone else have this issue? For $220, I would expect Jordan/Nike to get this sole ridges thing fixed and correct. As you can see, the top pair has 1 more line of ridges than the bottom pair. WTF. I should return this trash. Do you think Nike CS would give me a 20% discount code for this mistake?

:tongue:

All this "find the flaws" is wearing me out.

Last edited:
View media item 1923379

View media item 1923381

You do need assistance, but an internet forum like this wont do it.

Call me old fashion but I just wore mine . Wore them this weekend no ironing or anything else :D They are a lot more comfortable then some of my other retros

off topic but does anyone know the reason why they air jordan line stopped the visible air after the vi?

I don't think anyone will ever know. My guess is that nike was attempting to transition to a full length air unit and couldn't figure out how to make the whole thing visible. Also, maybe just normal aesthetics, changing the design to stay ahead of the curve

Thats my guess. You notice the Air Max 180 and BW dropped around the last time a Jordan had a visible air midsole. When the Air max 93 and so on started expanding the visibility of its air unit, Jordan when to a zoom air regular midsole design.

Jordan's would've looked horrible with a forefoot/heel visible air unit :x

Think one of the reasons the ironed toe box doesn't work as well on these is the size of the "rand." It used to be much skinnier adding to the sleekness of the toe box. Now the rand is thicker and ironing it makes look even bigger and chunkier.

To answer someone's question a few pages back. The reason Tinker stopped featuring visible air units because it limited the design of the shoe. Models 3 to 6 pretty much have a similar midsole due to the visible air unit. The 7s still use air max technology but the air unit was hidden.

View media item 1923379

View media item 1923381

I read this like 3 times before I scrolled down. You had me there for a few seconds.

As ridiculously worded as it is, his explanation is pretty on point.

Take your shoe.
Stuff the toe with socks or something.
Shape the toe a little with your hands.
Take a damp towel and lay it across the toe.
Take an iron turned up half way and set it to steam.
Lightly go over the toe a few times over 15 sec.
Let the steam work itself into the toe a little.
Repeat until desired effect is achieved.
Don't rush. 
Enjoy.

DONT USE TOO MUCH MOIST

Back
Top Bottom