Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

🤣 No they weren’t. Bad shape, square toes, improper proportions to the toe rand, and they’re practically a freaking low top. But I’ll page @marztharealist and let him really get into it if you guys want to argue the point further LOL
Oh, not to mention the netting turns piss yellow with practically any normal wear.

Was speaking more so to the leather

Butter compared to the brick 2012

I predict 2024. It'll be eight years since the previous release, and 2024 marks the 35th anniversary of the IV. Granted, I'm just guessing, but that's part of the reason I sold my remaining barely-worn pair.
Word. Now you got a pair next release and some money. 2024 makes sense.

Homie ain't lie about the yella netting. Main reason I was wondering about when they would drop them again.

Love mine! When the new retro drops I'll be sure to cop at all costs.
20220203_221852.jpg

Was speaking more so to the leather

Butter compared to the brick 2012
Unless I got sold a pair of fake WC4s, the two pairs I had were night and day as far as quality. The first pair I had was basically like the Jumpman branded retro just with a Nike Air heeltab. 2nd pair was better in all ways(most importantly fit) but it had slight separation on the sole. Wasn't the reason why I sold it, but neither pair was perfect. Was just glad to finally own them.

🤣 No they weren’t. Bad shape, square toes, improper proportions to the toe rand, and they’re practically a freaking low top. But I’ll page @marztharealist and let him really get into it if you guys want to argue the point further LOL
Oh, not to mention the netting turns piss yellow with practically any normal wear.
Man I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with this shoe. To me it was a damn good shoe compared to the 2012, I didn't have those but those were straight trash, bricks on feet, trash leather that chipped, wrong Grey color midsole, those definiturned yellow on netting.

I still remember buying these off fb marketplace. (Before how it is now, when it was more chill), that's how important these were to me. I went to the mall about 30 min away and met in a parking lot with an old head and we chatted about shoes for a hot minute and when i opened that box, man i was giddy, stayed in the car for an extra 20 min just to look and appreciate these.

These were good leather for me, creased real nicely on toebox, never really turned yellow, decently comfy, great to look at and EXTREMELY versatile. These were my go to next to royal 1 2017 and I wore those all the time! Those were good retros.

Regarding shape that was a little bit before the "remaster" campaign or maybe it Was just getting started can't remember but Nike still to this day aint giving us proper shape cause they dont want to so it is what is is.

Here's a few of my favorite pics of them, first 2 in 2016 last one in 2017. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_20160530_141142517_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160530_141142517_HDR.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20160604_231829834.jpg
    IMG_20160604_231829834.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20170123_164153896_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170123_164153896_HDR.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 450
Man I'm so sorry you had a bad experience with this shoe. To me it was a damn good shoe compared to the 2012, I didn't have those but those were straight trash, bricks on feet, trash leather that chipped, wrong Grey color midsole, those definiturned yellow on netting.

I still remember buying these off fb marketplace. (Before how it is now, when it was more chill), that's how important these were to me. I went to the mall about 30 min away and met in a parking lot with an old head and we chatted about shoes for a hot minute and when i opened that boz man i was giddy, stayed in the car for an extra 20 min just to look and appreciate these.

These were good leather for me, creased real nicely on toebox, never really turned yellow, decently comfy, great to look at and EXTREMELY versatile. These were my go to next to royal 1 2017 and I wore those all the time! Those were good retros.

Regarding shape that was a little bit before thth"remaster" campaign or maybe i. Was just getting started can't remember but Nike still to this day aint giving us proper shape cause they dont want to so it is what is is.

Here's a few of my favorite pics of them, first 2 in 2016 last one i. 2017 :wink:

They are remastered but more like how the Jordan 1 is remaster meaning not close to OG shape but a step in the right direction. Love mine to death too. WC4's are the quintessential 4 for any heads collection. Your username hits me in the feels because I'm still waiting on a proper remaster/release of the Air Flight 89's those recent pairs were trash.

I still remember buying these off fb marketplace. (Before how it is now, when it was more chill), that's how important these were to me. I went to the mall about 30 min away and met in a parking lot with an old head and we chatted about shoes for a hot minute and when i opened that box, man i was giddy, stayed in the car for an extra 20 min just to look and appreciate these.

Regarding shape that was a little bit before the "remaster" campaign or maybe it Was just getting started can't remember but Nike still to this day aint giving us proper shape cause they dont want to so it is what is is.

Here's a few of my favorite pics of them, first 2 in 2016 last one in 2017. :wink:

They are remastered but more like how the Jordan 1 is remaster meaning not close to OG shape but a step in the right direction. Love mine to death too. WC4's are the quintessential 4 for any heads collection. Your username hits me in the feels because I'm still waiting on a proper remaster/release of the Air Flight 89's those recent pairs were trash.
I didn’t have a “bad” experience. I loved having them for a long time. But as time marched on, I stopped caring about them that much. I’ve spent tens of thousands on shoes over the past 30 years. Have made a lot of it back, too. Win some, lose some. I’m just done hanging onto stuff if it doesn’t hit me the right way. These did for quite a while. Now they don’t. Objectively they are, I hate to say, not great. Comparing them to 2012s means nothing. Anything is good compared to 2012s and the dark days. I’m not dogging people who love them. They’re just not for me anymore. Plus, you know these are coming back sooner than later. Cashed out on my remaining pair while I could 🤣

Compared to 2012 pair…lol why compare anything to them? Completely irrelevant.

2016 WC 4 was a bad retro. Not a complete disaster like the 2012 pair but all of the details were off.
Well I was born in 95 and got into Jordan's in 2012. I had a friend who was an OG so I was learning about OGs. So the 2012 I was familiar with.

Now I did watch comparison videos on WC from mjordan23 I think is his YouTube and I saw the differences and yes the details were off. This was a little later in the "remaster" program but we knew and still to this day it wasn't.

What I'm saying is I subjectively (not objectively) REALLY liked this retro and had a lot of utility/happiness with it especially with Nike Air. Do I wish the were OG or 99s? Hell yeah but we all know those are NEVER coming back with Nike since gentry and Nike don't care about it.

They said they "lost" the OG molds or were destroyed BS! Collectors have OGs that they can view to produce but they don't want to and it's BS! They want to keep re-releasing and keeping us paying and upping the price and downgrading materials, build and QC.

That's just the way they're operating. With that being said it was a very solid retro for me during that time period along with royal 1s 17 and SJ 16s

I didn’t have a “bad” experience. I loved having them for a long time. But as time marched on, I stopped caring about them that much. I’ve spent tens of thousands on shoes over the past 30 years. Have made a lot of it back, too. Win some, lose some. I’m just done hanging onto stuff if it doesn’t hit me the right way. These did for quite a while. Now they don’t. Objectively they are, I hate to say, not great. Comparing them to 2012s means nothing. Anything is good compared to 2012s and the dark days. I’m not dogging people who love them. They’re just not for me anymore. Plus, you know these are coming back sooner than later. Cashed out on my remaining pair while I could 🤣
I ain't knocking ya pimp. I'm sure you seen the OGs and all those good Ogs and 90 retros. I'm the same way I don't buy many Js like I used to. I like the playoff 12s but not getting them cause the shape is off and materials trash according to nightwing and didn't get royalty 12s cause they not taxis.

When JB puts out trash I don't buy, I buy what I like and if they don't serve you anymore Def unload. I wish we could get OGs but it ain't important to Nike to give us what we want. Sad but true.

Hopefully this next pair is better but they always change and **** something up so I m not holding my breath

Compared to 2012 pair…lol why compare anything to them? Completely irrelevant.

2016 WC 4 was a bad retro. Not a complete disaster like the 2012 pair but all of the details were off.

Just curious, what was the last really good retro in your eyes?

had two pairs of these... kept one and let the second go.... I didn't like how they ran big was my only complaint... I probably shoulda kept the second pair because I wear the first and only pair a lot... only thing I dislike is it yellows quick around the netting... I washed my laces so they look brand new but they were yellow at one point too lol...

Of the WC4? Only the 99 was good.

There have been a few great retros in the last few years. Infrared 6s and playoff 11s stand out to me. Both really good retros of shoes that I love.
You fool, you forgot to mention the shoe in your own avatar ...
:lol:
XIs and those VIs are super solid. Fire Red Vs right there with them (other than the tongue). I keep wearing one of my pairs to kick around in, and they keep looking better and better with wear and tear.

You fool, you forgot to mention the shoe in your own avatar ...
:lol:
XIs and those VIs are super solid. Fire Red Vs right there with them (other than the tongue). I keep wearing one of my pairs to kick around in, and they keep looking better and better with wear and tear.
Haha I actually didn’t forget.

The FR5 do look and feel good and age well. They are a great shoe. BUT..as a retro of the original, it’s hard for me to overlook the upper material. They need to be made out of that beautifully fake white durabuck like they were intended (this is also my main gripe with the 2016 WC 4s, and recent fire red 4s).

You can’t make the shoe out of a completely different material and call it a good retro.

Haha I actually didn’t forget.

The FR5 do look and feel good and age well. They are a great shoe. BUT..as a retro of the original, it’s hard for me to overlook the upper material. They need to be made out of that beautifully fake white durabuck like they were intended (this is also my main gripe with the 2016 WC 4s, and recent fire red 4s).

You can’t make the shoe out of a completely different material and call it a good retro.
I know what you mean but it seems we're never getting that material back, white or black. So I've stopped using that criteria :lol:

bought a used pair of 2000 black metallic 5s... only wore them like 3-4 times and they crumbled smh...but quality was on point and the 3m on the tongue was great compared to the recent retro

still got my infrared 6s from 2000 quality on those are great too actually

Back
Top Bottom