Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Just curious….anybody get a flawed pair of 4's today? The leather just below the netting on the inside of each shoe is really wrinkled. I also got my Mater 12s today and theres a slight indentation on the rubber near the heal on the right shoe.

I know I can't expect the world but I don't remember J's being so poorly made a few years ago. Besides, anytime you religiously pony up $250 for a product, you expect it to at least be 9.5/10 out of the box.

Speckles per square inch
nerd.gif

Just curious….anybody get a flawed pair of 4's today? The leather just below the netting on the inside of each shoe is really wrinkled. I also got my Mater 12s today and theres a slight indentation on the rubber near the heal on the right shoe.

I know I can't expect t

he world but I don't remember J's being so poorly made a few years ago. Besides, anytime you religiously pony up $250 for a product, you expect it to at least be 9.5/10 out of the box
 That's normal, the leather they used is a soft nice(r) quality leather. That's always gonna happen when they use that kind of leather. It looks good like that (IMO)

I know I can't expect the world but I don't remember J's being so poorly made a few years ago. Besides, anytime you religiously pony up $250 for a product, you expect it to at least be 9.5/10 out of the box.

View media item 1910724View media item 1910725

I can relate. People will make excuses for JB all day long to feel assured they aren't getting shafted. That indent on your XII's is a prime example of a flaw that should've landed them in a Nike Outlet.

http://www.change.org/p/nike-jordan-brand-take-responsibility-for-false-advertising

Last edited:

i think with the 4s, that wrinkling is just creasing that would happen after a few wears of them. i dont think its anything wrong with the leather per say. i dont have mine in hand yet, but if the leather on these is that soft, id expect there to be pairs out there coming precreased as well.

as for the 12s, now thats not normal lol. u got a bad pair there. definitely flawed.

Ive now seen several pairs of these in hand and one of the more common "flaws" I've noticed is the eyelets on the UPPER black "waffles" don't line up correctly with the holes on the leather causing the wings to lie out of proportion to the leather upper, meaning they're not sitting flush on the leather.

I noticed it on one of my pairs when I got home to do more detailed inspection. My brother and cousin also had the same thing on their pairs and all three of us purchased our pairs at different locations.

Nice comparison video :nthat: but the white cements were never durabuck :lol:

The black cements however were durabuck in 89, 99 and 08. The 2012s black cements were nubuck.

Yeah maybe not durabuck but definitely a synthetic grade. I've seen pairs chipping on this colorway as well as the Fire Red 4. Here is an OG I spotted when doing some research. You can see the chipping of the material at the collar and below the Nike Air tab on the right shoe.

View media item 1910715

Mannn even if Jordan himself signed those I wouldn't keep them in the house :x

:lol:

But here's a clean 89 pair

c22de7a4_image.jpeg

Last edited:
Haven't gotten a shipping confirm yet, but got order confirmation and it said I should expect them by the 17th...

Haven't gotten shipping confirmation from Nike. But the status does say, "preparing to ship"...Hopefully it goes through.

Nice comparison video :nthat: but the white cements were never durabuck :lol:

The black cements however were durabuck in 89, 99 and 08. The 2012s black cements were nubuck.

Yeah maybe not durabuck but definitely a synthetic grade. I've seen pairs chipping on this colorway as well as the Fire Red 4. Here is an OG I spotted when doing some research. You can see the chipping of the material at the collar and below the Nike Air tab on the right shoe.

View media item 1910715
Those OGs look crispy.....burnt :lol:

Back
Top Bottom