Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Picked up a second pair yesterday after that first pair with crazy pen marks all over the midsole...wore em right away...

http://s1147.photobucket.com/user/C...1-4099-A029-0C31DAFD36CF_zps7lbvkjcx.jpg.html

Dope pic!.. Call me old & crazy but am I the only one who follows this "rule"? - if the lining is white, socks should be white. If the lining is black, socks should be black. Just feel that it's too much contrast wearing black socks with white a shoe w/white lining & so on. But that's just me lol [emoji]129299[/emoji]

Last edited:
Dope pic!.. Call me old & crazy but am I the only one who follows this "rule"? - if the lining is white, socks should be white. If the lining is black, socks should be black. Just feel that it's too much contrast wearing black socks with white a shoe w/white lining & so on. [emoji]129299[/emoji]

Nah im with you on that i only wear black socks, but if the lining is white i do have white socks specifically for that reason

I got lucky.  Use to work at a shoe store back home and my boy hooked me up and held me a pair.

Now I just need the white/cement 3s.

Like others, once I got out of college tried getting out of the shoe game.  I was successful for about.....mmmm 2 years.  I got tired of all the fake sneaker heads.  But these........these made me cave as well.

Glad the majority of you guys got your pairs as well.

80fb20a4778ca8143bc26a8eb78492ee.jpg

Read this fully before flaming. If anyone comes across a 10 or 10.5 (pref 10) and can let me know.. Please let me know. I got a friend who is going through hard times (series of extremely unfortunate events) and we had planned on getting these but some how he struck out on everything.. Multiple times some how.. I witnessed this. I know it sounds trivial but when you go through some isht.. Little things like sneakers you always wanted could make an unproportionately big positive difference on mood. We are in NYC. I got my pairs.. I can guarantee these are not for me. I'm gonna try the usual Monday morning cancelations check etc but there was a lot of sitting talk. If need be I will give him my pair, but that sounds avoidable right now.

I just always go with what Mike went with the whole socks thang. Gonna get some white tube socks with these bad boys. [emoji]128513[/emoji]

that is a sample or prototype...the 89 retail version didn't have it

why did they remove it? my guess is that they thought it looked better w/o, function or cost

now i wonder if the actor or anyone else still has one of those pears :nerd:

Probably wouldn't be ripe anymore, anyways.

Dope pic!.. Call me old & crazy but am I the only one who follows this "rule"? - if the lining is white, socks should be white. If the lining is black, socks should be black. Just feel that it's too much contrast wearing black socks with white a shoe w/white lining & so on. But that's just me lol [emoji]129299[/emoji]

His black ankle socks look clean IMO, good look

But i also match black or white if i can in case sock balls come over time. That bothers me...black liner and white sock balls or vice versa

Read this fully before flaming. If anyone comes across a 10 or 10.5 (pref 10) and can let me know.. Please let me know. I got a friend who is going through hard times (series of extremely unfortunate events) and we had planned on getting these but some how he struck out on everything.. Multiple times some how.. I witnessed this. I know it sounds trivial but when you go through some isht.. Little things like sneakers you always wanted could make an unproportionately big positive difference on mood. We are in NYC. I got my pairs.. I can guarantee these are not for me. I'm gonna try the usual Monday morning cancelations check etc but there was a lot of sitting talk. If need be I will give him my pair, but that sounds avoidable right now.

If you already in a position to help him out, why wouldn't you? If it's that helpful for the time being. But besides that you might have a chance at checking for leftovers at any of the big retail spots in the city

Nice strat. Wish I still had my sunburst '97 am std. I don't regret much but selling that was a big mistake.

The only reason I stopped buying sneakers what's because I began to buy guitars and pedals and gear lol.

These are my first Jordan's in a looooong time.

Thanks by the way. It's just an American standard. I replaced the tone and volume knobs. Head over to the guitar thread in the general and post your gear. I'd love to see it!

You're a good friend. Good luck coming across one. If you have the time, drive around. Maybe some stores in Westchester have pairs. If you can't find anything for retail, the markup on Fulton st. shouldn't be that bad. They've always been way more reasonable than FC and you avoid dealing with CL, eBay bs.

If you already in a position to help him out, why wouldn't you? If it's that helpful for the time being. But besides that you might have a chance at checking for leftovers at any of the big retail spots in the city
I just said I would, but trying to avoid it first.  I only wear wcivs and was at work in 2012 so yea this is an important shoe to me too.  Liquidated half my collection in the summer to ready for these.  Definitely not plan A  but he will get a pair, just trying to figure out by what route.

Back
Top Bottom