NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

So got my Ebay pair in there was no creasing or anything but the cut of it seems slimmed down from the 2019 BC4s and the Achilles heel is lower than the BC4s. Toe box is still as square as 2019 but a lot lower cut.
20201102_175916.jpg
20201102_174252.jpg
20201102_174248.jpg
20201102_174225.jpg

So my pair came in and my angus was fully peppered. I was actually lucky compared to the absolute garbage others got. I’m actually happy with my left shoe. And it’s a shame, my right shoe would have passed if not for the **** toe box (emphasis on BOX). Edit: also the mesh at the end of the laces is different lengths also. My What the 4s have none of these issues. My plan all along was to get multiples to mix and match at least one good pair maybe two. Well I have my first left shoe! See the inconsistencies in the toe box for both shoes below. Shame too because I would have been happy enough to keep this pair as is if the right shoe didn’t have a terrible toe box.
B15E1987-68DF-4E31-BAD8-355B78E02C1E.jpeg
CCA84C57-76AF-4409-B36D-ED26DB002903.jpeg

And how tf did the chain for the NA hang tag straight up break?! Lmao not like I care about that but damn...worth mentioning with all the other ****. It damn sure didn’t break in transit to me, so yeah you got guys in the sweat shops breaking in our kicks for us and playing catch with our shoes breaking the hangtag chains 😂 I just laughed when I lifted the shoe out of the box and the hangtag just fell to the ground lol
F2D03EBD-012E-40C6-B059-A08E4E5F2E73.jpeg

Last edited:
So my pair came in and my angus was fully peppered. I was actually lucky compared to the absolute garbage others got. I’m actually happy with my left shoe. And it’s a shame, my right shoe would have passed if not for the **** toe box (emphasis on BOX). My plan all along was to get multiples to mix and match at least one good pair maybe two. Well I have my first left shoe! See the inconsistencies in the toe box for both shoes below. Shame too because I would have been happy enough to keep this pair as is if the right shoe didn’t have a terrible toe box.

And how tf did the chain for the NA hang tag straight up break?! Lmao not like I care about that but damn...worth mentioning with all the other ****. It damn sure didn’t break in transit to me, so yeah you got guys in the sweat shops breaking in our kicks for us and playing catch with our shoes breaking the hangtag chains 😂 I just laughed when I lifted the shoe out of the box and the hangtag just fell to the ground lol
We’re really at the point where it feels like a win to get one acceptable shoe out of a pair. And for a shoe we’ve been waiting THIRTY YEARS for.

Normally I think NT complains too much, but this release is horrible.

The worst part is, no matter how bad they are, they will sell out. Classic color on a black Friday release?

Nike will do what they always do, wait 5 years, make a minor improvement and release em again...

You know, as someone who missed these in '89 as a 7th grader (I had the black/cement IVs) and am one of the old heads at 44, who is currently selling a majority of my collection (150 pairs or so) to move on in life (though keeping a core selection of shoes 50-or so), I was hyped for these. Really was. I am not buying things anymore unless they are useful (Zoom GP Turbos in the Agassi color for tennis) or mean something.

These were in the latter category. After seeing these pics above, and seeing Chris's (Nightwing's) video, I gotta be honest to myself. I'm done. Not gonna spend the $200 for something that looks so wrinkled out of the box. Looks like a B-Grade or UA pair. I'll pray for the Carmines that Nike doesn't F them up! That shoe, in NA detail, I passed on for a 2nd pair of black/infrared back in 91-92 school year (9th grade). Sad Nike/JB can't do the simple things properly.

Nike, if you want to mail in a release in terms of quality, you ***** out all the colors of some retros. Mess those up. Go premium and real on the NA ones. SB did a killer job on the AT1. You can do the same on some important NA retros!!

I hear you.....I was one grade ahead of you but couldn't get the BC4s and got the WCs instead. Where do you find yourself selling most of your kicks? I'm around 50 pairs and would like to keep it there, but have been getting too many recently. With COVID we were doing a ton of hiking so I went a little crazy on ACGs shoes and sandals telling myself they are more practical.....but who really needs that many pairs of hiking footwear.....heh. I wear ALL of my shoes, so even though they're in great condition, it's such a pain to sell used shoes quickly.....Would gladly offload some of the pairs I find myself rarely or never wearing anymore.....

So my pair came in and my angus was fully peppered. I was actually lucky compared to the absolute garbage others got. I’m actually happy with my left shoe. And it’s a shame, my right shoe would have passed if not for the **** toe box (emphasis on BOX). My plan all along was to get multiples to mix and match at least one good pair maybe two. Well I have my first left shoe! See the inconsistencies in the toe box for both shoes below. Shame too because I would have been happy enough to keep this pair as is if the right shoe didn’t have a terrible toe box.

I can tell you this inconsistency between left and right shoes is DEFINITELY a thing and has been going on with Jordan stuff for a minute now. I first noticed it on my friend's red/white AJ1 lows. Completely different cut on the toe boxes. We thought it was just random. Nope. Not only have I seen it on multiple other pairs if you know what you're looking for, my reverse bred AJ1 lows showed up with the same issue. Not sure how or why this is happening, but it definitely is.

Very disappointed in this release. I always try to look at the glass half FULL perspective. They fixed the NA, they fixed the liner behind the tongue, they fixed the the heel leather height under the NA tab, the wings LOOK higher but still manage to **** this all up with their Quality Checks. I tried for a pair on ebay, that fizzled. I will still go for a release day pair. Optimism takes the wheel at this point. After that , **** em.

I hear you.....I was one grade ahead of you but couldn't get the BC4s and got the WCs instead. Where do you find yourself selling most of your kicks? I'm around 50 pairs and would like to keep it there, but have been getting too many recently. With COVID we were doing a ton of hiking so I went a little crazy on ACGs shoes and sandals telling myself they are more practical.....but who really needs that many pairs of hiking footwear.....heh. I wear ALL of my shoes, so even though they're in great condition, it's such a pain to sell used shoes quickly.....Would gladly offload some of the pairs I find myself rarely or never wearing anymore.....

I've sold 30 pairs of DS Jordan retros and recent flight retros on SX. Some people hate them. I personally have no problem with them, other than a slight issue with the app (more on that in a moment). Would I love to keep them all? Sure, but when I see someone is willing to pay over $220 for a pair of Jason Kidd Zoom Flight 95s, in the size I have (the most recent retro) yeah, they are gone! Can't pass up the $$ which could go to good use right now.

Now some of the shoes I have that are barely worn, I'm still figuring out who may take them. For example, I have a pair of Chicago 1s from 2013. Yeah, those crappy ones with the leather tongue. Wore them for about 2 hours and my feet were killing me. They still look brand new. Barely a crease. But I can't sell via SX. May try GOAT, or a local shop maybe. Gotta take a bunch of photos of the ones I have that are barely worn, send them to the shop & see what they will offer. I know what the 13 Chicago's are with DS and lightly worn. Some really good $$.

The problem I'm having with SX, is the functionality. I hit "sell now" at the price, and it makes it an "ask" even though the prices are equal. Shouldn't do that. Emailed and chatted them. Hopefully they fix this crap. Want to offload a few DS Iversons & Kobe's (I wasn't going to sell these until his passing was long past). Hobby just isn't the same anymore. I'll always love sneakers, will grab a few here & there (trying to find the Dynasty XXXVs) but my impulse buying days are long gone!! And you know what? I feel great about it. Like a weight off my chest trying for the latest shoe. No more stress.

Damn, im usually lenient on things but they look like they came from two seperate molds. Same production periods?

As much as it pains me, I will be passing and this is the main reason. The wings just look terrible the way they are angled. I thought release pairs would look better from the Official Photos, and they turned out to be worse. Damn it sucks, Ive been waiting for a proper retro of the fire red for 20 years.
At 39 yrs old I don’t have time to wait any longer. This is it. So I gotta mix and match and make a pair that I can settle for. I’m fortunate to be able to buy as many pairs as I need to, but I only plan to keep one maybe 2 pairs.

The leather if y’all are wondering is nothing special. It’s not soft. It’s not nice at all but what would you expect for a release this size and at only $200.
The average customer doesn’t care about quality. As long as they have them, they good. Most Harlem and Bronx cats don’t know/care about the “glory years” of Nike quality nor can tell the difference in shapes stitching height etc. It’s all about stuntin for the ‘gram and streets in their small world.

As for me, I sold all my blk//cement IV’s off. May skip these and focus on some other OG stuff for 2021.
“sneakerheads” nowadays are a joke. I don’t even use Instagram or social media at all hardly. And I don’t care to flex. In fact I wish people didn’t even see my shoes. I don’t like or want the attention. They’re for me and me alone but I can’t stop people from looking. Also can’t stand collabs from Travis Scott or OW. Can’t design a damn thing can only mess around with another mans (Tinker) designs. Tinker was the man. I do like FOG 1s. I love em actually. Jerry Lorenzo I have to give credit. There’s a hype shoe that’s actually worth the hype. Copped 4 pairs on StockX and Goat at resale and no regrets. But it does suck that they’re hype and I take the Ls to then spend 1.5 to 3 times retail on the secondary market and they already retailed at $350.

This was my most anticipated release of the year. And I’m not easily excited. These shoes are more to me than just rubber and leather. Tinkers old designs are art in the form of a shoe. They should be respected but they’re not. Why would they when as we see even on NT people say “I dont care about quality just give me my pair” 😂. Maybe everyone wants to be a sneakerhead now. Maybe they’re the equivalent of a fanboy. Not a self respecting consumer. A drone. Much much worse than the average Joe consumer but a dream for Nike. I’m jealous of the fanboys. They get the product they want and their biggest complaint is the complaining itself.

toes lookin real boxy on these joints... >D:smh:
REAL boxy. I’m not on the level of Marz when it comes to this, I can handle a little bit of a boxy box but man.... the more and more I see of these the more I’m actually secondhand EMBARRASSED for Nike. They have no shame though. Might post up a comparison of my What the 4s to show how much better of a release that was. ****ing shame.

Damn, im usually lenient on things but they look like they came from two seperate molds. Same production periods?
I will check that in the morning and get back to you bro. It’s crazy how many are like this. Some trying to hide it in their pics but I can tell even from a weird angle that’s how bad they are.

Very disappointed in this release. I always try to look at the glass half FULL perspective. They fixed the NA, they fixed the liner behind the tongue, they fixed the the heel leather height under the NA tab, the wings LOOK higher but still manage to **** this all up with their Quality Checks. I tried for a pair on ebay, that fizzled. I will still go for a release day pair. Optimism takes the wheel at this point. After that , **** em.
I totally understand this but I came to the realization that I absolutely don’t need these. It’s hard to break the mentality of “needing” to have them because we’ve all been waiting for these to come back with NA, but I’m not about to keep these based on the idea of what they should be. They are what they are, and what they are is garbage, not the fire red 4s I was hoping for. I made that mistake with the true blues and these give me that same empty feeling when I look at them in person. I hate them.

I have a pretty modest collection compared to some of you guys but I still have dozens and dozens of pairs that barely get worn so no need to add a pair of these to that pile just to say I have them.

Normally I think NT complains too much, but this release is horrible.

THIS. I’ve seen enough. Nike/JB really did a number on these. It’s laughable. Like I’m not seeing ANY “good” pairs. The fact that the shoes don’t at lease somewhat match from left to right is just utterly absurd. They’re already not my favorite 4s but to see JB disrespect this OG cw like this? :smh: Might have pass all together, geez. These are bad. The toe box is atrocious.

Back
Top Bottom