NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I have to question any OG sneaker head that cops these, let alone wears them :smh:
Yeah. I can’t do it.
At 39 yrs old I don’t have time to wait any longer.

I totally understand this but I came to the realization that I absolutely don’t need these. It’s hard to break the mentality of “needing” to have them because we’ve all been waiting for these to come back with NA, but I’m not about to keep these based on the idea of what they should be. They are what they are, and what they are is garbage, not the fire red 4s I was hoping for. I made that mistake with the true blues and these give me that same empty feeling when I look at them in person. I hate them.

I have a pretty modest collection compared to some of you guys but I still have dozens and dozens of pairs that barely get worn so no need to add a pair of these to that pile just to say I have them.
I was of that same I’m-outta-time mentality. But I agree completely: I don’t need these if they’re done this poorly. No need to have them just to have them if they’re just gonna annoy me every time I look at them. I’m out. Rather spend the $220 after tax on something else.

Everyone order from Nike then do mass returns. Then they might get the message. Nvm they won't care.

Goddamn these joints are getting roasted! I can’t remember NT being pretty much on the same page like this. :lol:

I may have to double back and grab a pair of the PSGs instead of these. Imagine JB putting the better shape on a soccer collab instead of a classic colorway. Ridiculous. :smh:
I was 95 percent sure I was out already, and then engineer engineer 's post above sealed it. He's absolutely right. I've had no problem passing on retro IIIs--one of my three all-time favorite shoes in OG form--for the past 17 years, and these should be no different. The IIIs haven't looked like IIIs in a long time till recently, so even my '03 white cements, I sold those because every time I looked at them I didn't get the feeling I wanted them for in the first place. I don't need the same thing again with these. I already have two pairs of last year's black/cements, which after ironing and adding the lines are better than these (other than the stupid misaligned NA). I also have a DS pair of the white/cement IVs from '16 I'm either about to sell or just start wearing (just sold my well-used first pair of those for $140 over the weekend).

In other words, I have enough recent OG-colorway IV retros to tolerate and scratch my nostalgic IV itch without adding these things to the collection. For all the knocks on the '16 WCs, at least the pair I have is virtually flawless in terms of paint, stitching, no creases ... somehow the netting hasn't even yellowed yet after sitting in my closet the past almost five years. Not saying they're actually better than these fire reds, but too many of the pairs we've seen in here look like *** in terms of build quality on top of everything else. Easy pass now, especially with what a B everything has been to get lately.

Man, these pics with all these QC issues and crappy toe boxes got me down, I was so excited for these. WTF Jordan Brand???
5600D17C-59A8-4B96-8E10-A4364B88495E.gif

I loved the air jordan 4 fire red. If the midsole material is more comfortable than the BC's 4 it could be good.

Last edited:
I'm going to order a pair on release day so I can make a semi-perfect pair
My current pair isn't that bad but I think I can upgrade on release day

Ok... How a out a right shoe challenge. Let's see pics of some with decent slants so we can have some hope that enough exist to make it worth copping multiple pairs to make a match!

just don’t understand why they just didn’t use the What Tha 4’s mold... they were legit 🤷🏾‍♂️
I notice the new trend with JB is that you can expect every og colorway to be butchered(except infrared 6, black/red 11 for some reason) and all the new colorways to be given a respectable mold and details.
Examples: Blk/cement 3’s with Nike Air vs Red cements
Blk/red 13’s and Flint 13’s vs Island green 13’s and Blk/Hyper royal 13’s
These fire red 4’s vs What the 4’s

It’s clearly being deliberately done.

Lmao dude why all your successive thumbnails look like they're straight outta parodic pr0ns?

:rofl: pure coincidence :wink:

I loved the air jordan 4 fire red. If the midsole material is more comfortable than the BC's 4 it could be good.

that. And at least for me around the pinky toe area, I would get a burning hacksaw sensation after a few hours. It sucks. Lovely shoe but not at the risk of my well being.

just don’t understand why they just didn’t use the What Tha 4’s mold... they were legit 🤷🏾‍♂️

That was crazy. And I passed on those because I went to stay true to my self mantra of OG colorways only. Now here we are.

It takes effort to apply a diff mold in a factory; why the heck would they do this. I expect it was meant to be like the left shoe, and the factory screwed up.

These are legit feeling like the True Blue 3s from '16. I recall those going on deep discount. However, I feel like for these 4s they'll still sell out regardless.

Yeah they’ll sell out. We all know there’s that big percentage don’t care as long as they have them. To each his/her own.

funny thing they didn’t sell out like that back in 2012 and this was at the height of the sneaker game being all crazy post 2011 concord release. But then again, you could probably attest that to the Olympic 7 that came out a week or two later that month.

Last edited:
Yeah they’ll sell out. We all know there’s that big percentage don’t care as long as they have them. To each his/her own.

funny thing they didn’t sell out like that back in 2012 and this was at the height of the sneaker game being all crazy lost 2011 concord release. But then again, you could probably attest that to the Olympic 7 that came out a week or two later that month.
Well I won’t even think about copping without NA. These have NA unlike 2012. They will sell out.

I don’t think I will do my usual cop multiples to make a perfect pair or two through foot sites. QC is so bad on these and I don’t want to pay for return shipping for possibly all of them so it’s probably gonna be eBay only for me so I can closely inspect each pair. And I will return my shock drop pair to Nike on their dime.

edit: then again I could return in town and avoid return shipping cost. Covid has ****ed up my line of thinking.

Last edited:
I was 95 percent sure I was out already, and then engineer engineer 's post above sealed it. He's absolutely right. I've had no problem passing on retro IIIs--one of my three all-time favorite shoes in OG form--for the past 17 years, and these should be no different. The IIIs haven't looked like IIIs in a long time till recently, so even my '03 white cements, I sold those because every time I looked at them I didn't get the feeling I wanted them for in the first place. I don't need the same thing again with these. I already have two pairs of last year's black/cements, which after ironing and adding the lines are better than these (other than the stupid misaligned NA). I also have a DS pair of the white/cement IVs from '16 I'm either about to sell or just start wearing (just sold my well-used first pair of those for $140 over the weekend).

In other words, I have enough recent OG-colorway IV retros to tolerate and scratch my nostalgic IV itch without adding these things to the collection. For all the knocks on the '16 WCs, at least the pair I have is virtually flawless in terms of paint, stitching, no creases ... somehow the netting hasn't even yellowed yet after sitting in my closet the past almost five years. Not saying they're actually better than these fire reds, but too many of the pairs we've seen in here look like *** in terms of build quality on top of everything else. Easy pass now, especially with what a B everything has been to get lately.
Not to derail, but I'm with you here on the 3 and it's now 2021 and this EP and cut is still what we are seeing coming down the pike?

Who are these dudes kidding anymore with these 3 and 4 releases?

1CDDC7CA-4905-44AD-ABC2-8B7E7537A8CE.jpg
26AE6B45-E729-442C-AABD-020AEFB6F932.jpg

air-jordan-3-catalog.jpg

Back
Top Bottom