NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I'm an OG who had originals starting with the Hot Lava Tech Challenge 2's + a couple of 4's and I think some of y'all's complaints are ridiculous. You can't keep lumping us all into these blanket groups. Not all us OG's think a certain way, and I feel like a lot of the complaints are just people echoing what they've been told by other so-called OG's for X amount of years.

Speaking as someone who had OG Fire Reds, if you got a pair of 2020's with a sleeker toe box, they are a SIGNIFICANT upgrade from all the Fire Red retros we've gotten over the years. I don't need to bust out a micrometer, talking about "the stitching on the wing is 1/8 inch, when it really should be 1/4 inch." I think they look good. Like others have said, we're not getting a 1:1 exact replica. We're just not. Everybody keeps referencing the Air Max 1's as some sort of beacon of perfection, but don't seem to recall that those anniversary pairs were just as hit and miss as these new Fire Reds. People were mixing and matching pairs for months trying to find a "perfect" mudguard. The new 85 mold 1's are horribly shaped, and people are hopping all over those. Idk, apparently I'm not enough of an OG because I don't place as much importance on some of these minor-*** details. I think my pair looks great, and I'll continue to wear them and be happy.

Early Access pair came in the other day. ☕

9FC84959-58D8-46FD-A060-66301E61C16E.jpeg

-Drew

"When I wrote about parties someone always died.
When I tried to write happy, yo, I knew I lied...

But the science is always there.
I'd be a true sucker if I acted like I didn't care."

I'd love to know what he thinks about basically inventing that term. I've asked him a couple times on Twitter, but never got an answer lol.

I'd love to know what he thinks about basically inventing that term. I've asked him a couple times on Twitter, but never got an answer lol.

Ice T didn’t invent the term O.G., he reappropriated it, which is probably why he never responded to you. O.G. has always been an acronym for Original.

Does fnl still let you give you option to have somebody else pick up if you win?

I remember seeing that when it first launched but i don't see it anymore

Was anyone else’s early access pair seem, below average, in terms of quality? The box itself had a tear and some smudges on some of the black paint.

I see a lot of people referencing the AM90/III and how they reshaped the shoe. They did do a really good job on those, but it also shows how these two models are in different markets. I think every OG CW of the AM90 still went on sale even after the great job they did reshaping the shoe. The reshape brought a lot of attention to the releases, without it these go on deeper discount.

JB is on a different plane of hype. It's why they continue to drag their feet on making any changes.

Ice T didn’t invent the term O.G., he reappropriated it, which is probably why he never responded to you. O.G. has always been an acronym for Original.

Jesus Christ lol. Let me rephrase then: he "popularized" it. He made it more mainstream. There's a reason I put the word basically in there as a qualifier. That said, you're definitely not accurate about it having always been an acronym for original. Don't recall ever seeing or hearing that as a substitute for original anywhere before the last 20 years or so with the internet boom.

Jesus Christ lol. Let me rephrase then: he "popularized" it. He made it more mainstream. There's a reason I put the word basically in there as a qualifier. That said, you're definitely not accurate about it having always been an acronym for original. Don't recall ever seeing or hearing that as a substitute for original anywhere before the last 20 years or so with the internet boom.

So because you don’t recall seeing or hearing that as a substitute for original anywhere before the last 20 years or so, it’s not accurate? The Boomer generation were actually the ones who coined the phrase in the 60’s to abbreviate original , but since there wasn’t an urban dictionary back then or the internet the history of it seems to be lost. I remember listening to that song in Leimert Park when it dropped. There is a huge Jazz scene there and a lot of older cats frequent the clubs. A buddy of mine and I were listening to it and a group of older guys came up to us and dropped knowledge. In the years since I have heard more people from that generation echo the same claim.

No, finish line does not do head starts. That's FTL, FTA, and Champs.
Bro they do lol im telling u I did it on the mocha 1s release they jus started.. its not called headstart tho its called like status rewards or something

Back
Top Bottom