NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I have always wanted to see a beginning to end production process of an Air Jordan. The sketches are the beginning I know. But the die cutting , to the materials along with molds and machinery have always intrigued me as to how a pair comes together.
I would love to someday see that whole process.

I have always wanted to see a beginning to end production process of an Air Jordan. The sketches are the beginning I know. But the die cutting , to the materials along with molds and machinery have always intrigued me as to how a pair comes together.
I would love to someday see that whole process.

Would be dope to see, but JB would never do that.

I think it would reveal trade secrets, and the counterfeit companies would benefit.

Back to the Fire Red 4s,

The QC was unacceptable, I'd say at least 25% of the production pairs are past B-Grades.

They better come correct with the Carmine 6s in February.

s-l1600.jpg

Just because Y'ALL thought I was DONE!!!!

nope01.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Soon as I picked up mines from FL and opened the box before purchase. The quality disappointed me instantly. I almost didn't buy them... Still haven't pulled em out yet. I wear a size 14 too so they're boats compared to my Thunder 4's. But I had to cop em OG color way is a must have...

Tinker was inspired by exposed electrical conduit when he decided to show the air bag. Also the same years that I was conceived and born 1988/1989. My job by day just so happens to be an electrician/electrical engineer. Destiny >>>> coincidence
Follow @jelectricalengineers on ig
B08F0FDB-8A1C-4533-B1BF-1E42241C2CC3.jpeg

I LOVE visible air. It's what drew me into Jordans and Air Maxes back in the day; it was so freak'n high tech at the time. I was deeply disappointed when that disappeared starting in the Jordan 7. I had the Bordeaux and the the Aqua 8s, then lost interest in Jordans until 2013!

My understanding is Tinker removed visible air as the 7 was the first version to be in the new "Jordan Brand" division, and they wanted to remove all references to Nike and Air on the outside of the shoe to differentiate it, which included removing visible air.

Tinker was inspired by exposed electrical conduit when he decided to show the air bag. Also the same years that I was conceived and born 1988/1989. My job by day just so happens to be an electrician/electrical engineer. Destiny >>>> coincidence
Follow @jelectricalengineers on ig
B08F0FDB-8A1C-4533-B1BF-1E42241C2CC3.jpeg

Tinker was actually inspired for the exposed airbag by the architectural design of the Pompidou in Paris - modern art museum with exposed external architectural aspects. I think he is an architect himself.

The color code on the exposed piping is clearly electrical conduit. Follow @ jelectricalengineers for more understanding on electrical practices and code.

What is this bro??? I’m realizing a lot of these cats out here positing with captions and voting and crappy headlines like choose 1!!!!🔥.... as if this is IG.

I rocked the 4s on the hardwood and blacktop back in '89 and they were def comfortable, back then they were built to hoop in.

Most people bought em to play in.

Ditto. Remember calling around to Athlete’s Foots in the Orlando area trying to get Black Cement 3s and 4s, but had to settle for white pairs. Back then, I was opening up the Yellow Pages, walking to the store with my cousin because I was way too young to drive, or had to get my dad up early to drive me from sneaker store to sneaker store in his Grand Marquis 😂😂😂

#NTSeniorsTour

“They exposed the piping and colored coded it with 1) bright blues, 2) greens, 3) reds and 4) yellows “ that’s FOUR. “But I know a lil bit” - Jay -Z
@jelectricalengineers
7D0286DD-60B5-41A1-A174-4082B24609B6.jpeg

91A461EA-ADF4-4DC8-89C0-6E002D8C63BF.png
But that is not the only support infrastructure in there. M/E/P/S all come together in ARCHITECTURE. -not a Jay-Z quote 🤷🏻‍♂️

the quality issues everybody talks about are pretty much the same for a lot of collectible things people buy. hot wheel guys want the package to be perfect but it's hard to find them that way due to them being a toy on a shelf or rack for sale. even with sports cards, not every card pulled from a pack will be able to be graded as a gem mint. that's one reason those gem mints are so valuable. one thing that we all need to remember is that from a production standpoint.. I'm going to say the one thing all of us sneakerheads hate hearing is that they are just shoes.. now to us they are clearly not just shoes and it actually kinda hurts when I hear the average person say that to me, ie my parents when their 8-year-old obsessively cleaned his shell toes back in 83 after every wear lol.. but to your average Chinese worker that makes thousands of shoes every day and not only for Nike but a hundred different companies more than likely too... it's their job to make all of these shoes every day it's their job and we all know how it is to work .. it sucks.. and after a while, no matter what you do its all the same after time, and let's face it in china its all about quantity, not quality. if we had sneakerhead ran factories things would be very different. It's all perspective on how someone looks at things from their pov. so until workers actually care about what they are making and not just churning millions of shoes out. and let's face it in china that will never happen unless a company has specific instructions to do so which would cost Nike so much money they won't even bother with that approach. Nike is an "It's good enough" company, not a "no corners cut" company. to produce a Ferarri it takes a factory where each person is a world-renowned expert at their job, unlike ford or chevy where they will hire minimum wage workers and churn a corvette out every 5 seconds. everybody im sure is aware of this but what we really need to do is just be aware of what the reality of it is.

the quality issues everybody talks about are pretty much the same for a lot of collectible things people buy. hot wheel guys want the package to be perfect but it's hard to find them that way due to them being a toy on a shelf or rack for sale. even with sports cards, not every card pulled from a pack will be able to be graded as a gem mint. that's one reason those gem mints are so valuable. one thing that we all need to remember is that from a production standpoint.. I'm going to say the one thing all of us sneakerheads hate hearing is that they are just shoes.. now to us they are clearly not just shoes and it actually kinda hurts when I hear the average person say that to me, ie my parents when their 8-year-old obsessively cleaned his shell toes back in 83 after every wear lol.. but to your average Chinese worker that makes thousands of shoes every day and not only for Nike but a hundred different companies more than likely too... it's their job to make all of these shoes every day it's their job and we all know how it is to work .. it sucks.. and after a while, no matter what you do its all the same after time, and let's face it in china its all about quantity, not quality. if we had sneakerhead ran factories things would be very different. It's all perspective on how someone looks at things from their pov. so until workers actually care about what they are making and not just churning millions of shoes out. and let's face it in china that will never happen unless a company has specific instructions to do so which would cost Nike so much money they won't even bother with that approach. Nike is an "It's good enough" company, not a "no corners cut" company. to produce a Ferarri it takes a factory where each person is a world-renowned expert at their job, unlike ford or chevy where they will hire minimum wage workers and churn a corvette out every 5 seconds. everybody im sure is aware of this but what we really need to do is just be aware of what the reality of it is.
We all know when they moved their factories to China that they would’ve cut corners. The made in koreas, Taiwan’s and even the kicks comin out of Vietnam are leaps and bounds better. It comes down to Nike not givin two ****s, especially when there’s no competitor to the Jordan line. Straight up shaftin the consumer, and shoutout to the factory workers. They prbly don’t get paid enough to care. The consumer bears the brunt of nikes shortcomings. Diadora has their factories in Italy and the price difference is an extra 40-50 bucks. Everything is made to standard. Same goes for nb. Don’t forgive jb just cuz they got mj

While this is all logical and largely correct, it would be interesting to understand how many releases come in with consistent awesome quality like the Jubilees. Are these due to specific instructions, different factories used, the technique to assemble, which differs between models, or just random....? I'm not talking materials, just straight assembly quality/issues.

My DSG pair finally came in! The left shoe on my SNKRs pair was a clear winner given the paint and other defects on the DSG pair, though had I received only the latter it would have been acceptable (nothing major like we've been seeing in here).

The right shoe took some thinking. The tongue was better (doesn't sit to the right due to the short elastic on the other pair (it's actually too long), but the mesh at the toe box is noticeably narrower and doesn't match well at all, and doesn't sit flush...it's a bit loose. The right toe slant was very similar on both, and while they don't match the left, they're decent compared to what we've see here. So, ultimately I'm keeping the original SNKRs pair and just swapped the box for the DSG box, which wasn't dented on the top. Now that that's out of the way I can actually wear them and move on with my life!

The Quality check for this release was still bad though. I agree with all you say. But some of these pairs, Damn....
A 200 dollar shoe has zero excuses. Coming from someone that likes his pair, these still missed the mark.

Back
Top Bottom