NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

The Quality check for this release was still bad though. I agree with all you say. But some of these pairs, Damn....
A 200 dollar shoe has zero excuses. Coming from someone that likes his pair, these still missed the mark.

agreed. After lookin at my 2 pairs, I swear the left and right were from different runs with different lasts used for each side and the last being not completely identical. Or maybe 2 different factories used for left and right either not using identical lasts ...or each factory fits the uppers to the lasts differently..how else can you end up with a million pairs with left and right shoe shape variations. For 200 bucks we should have correct shape at least

the quality issues everybody talks about are pretty much the same for a lot of collectible things people buy. hot wheel guys want the package to be perfect but it's hard to find them that way due to them being a toy on a shelf or rack for sale. even with sports cards, not every card pulled from a pack will be able to be graded as a gem mint. that's one reason those gem mints are so valuable. one thing that we all need to remember is that from a production standpoint.. I'm going to say the one thing all of us sneakerheads hate hearing is that they are just shoes.. now to us they are clearly not just shoes and it actually kinda hurts when I hear the average person say that to me, ie my parents when their 8-year-old obsessively cleaned his shell toes back in 83 after every wear lol.. but to your average Chinese worker that makes thousands of shoes every day and not only for Nike but a hundred different companies more than likely too... it's their job to make all of these shoes every day it's their job and we all know how it is to work .. it sucks.. and after a while, no matter what you do its all the same after time, and let's face it in china its all about quantity, not quality. if we had sneakerhead ran factories things would be very different. It's all perspective on how someone looks at things from their pov. so until workers actually care about what they are making and not just churning millions of shoes out. and let's face it in china that will never happen unless a company has specific instructions to do so which would cost Nike so much money they won't even bother with that approach. Nike is an "It's good enough" company, not a "no corners cut" company. to produce a Ferarri it takes a factory where each person is a world-renowned expert at their job, unlike ford or chevy where they will hire minimum wage workers and churn a corvette out every 5 seconds. everybody im sure is aware of this but what we really need to do is just be aware of what the reality of it is.
The Quality check for this release was still bad though. I agree with all you say. But some of these pairs, Damn....
A 200 dollar shoe has zero excuses. Coming from someone that likes his pair, these still missed the mark.
agreed. After lookin at my 2 pairs, I swear the left and right were from different runs with different lasts used for each side and the last being not completely identical. Or maybe 2 different factories used for left and right either not using identical lasts ...or each factory fits the uppers to the lasts differently..how else can you end up with a million pairs with left and right shoe shape variations. For 200 bucks we should have correct shape at least
This is the thing. In general, expecting absolute perfection from shoes like this is a pipe dream. But THIS specific release, for whatever reason, seems particularly bad in the QC and utter lack of consistency departments. It's on another level of being not good compared to the usual Jordan retro releases during the past several years. To me, that's why this release deserves the extra criticism it's getting. It's specific to this drop, not to Jordan retros in general. Not only can they do better, they HAVE been doing better most times. I don't really get why there are JB apologists in here on this one LOL

Wearing my pair today.

D160BCD7-F1E5-4671-96FA-82EA6AD9A9D9.jpeg

it doesn't matter. still you keep on buying their garbage products.

This is the thing. In general, expecting absolute perfection from shoes like this is a pipe dream. But THIS specific release, for whatever reason, seems particularly bad in the QC and utter lack of consistency departments. It's on another level of being not good compared to the usual Jordan retro releases during the past several years. To me, that's why this release deserves the extra criticism it's getting. It's specific to this drop, not to Jordan retros in general. Not only can they do better, they HAVE been doing better most times. I don't really get why there are JB apologists in here on this one LOL
All the 13s are pure trash as well. Let’s see if the redeem themselves with the 6s

Nothing to see here folks. :lol:

This is IT right here. The shoe lasts form the shape of nearly the entire upper during production. I took some non credited lessons on footwear/sneaker industry and learned more about the background process and this is it here. Maybe the mold also.. I remember hearing that.

There is also rendering that takes place so if a persons sketch or math (or w/e) is off.. it could mess things up but I feel like its more of the left and right using two different lasts.

then why are other shoemakers able to do it.... again I buy Adidas New balance and puma and none of them are this bad and the shoes cost less........ to use the excuse that they are mass-produced and it's just going to happen is BS.

The post above yours answered your question.

Jordan Brand definitely dropped the ball on these in regards to quality check. The Fire Red 5s this year (I think it was this year I can't tell anymore) were far better in that regard. I had 3 pairs in hand at one point and the only inconsistencies I noticed were toebox differences and the usual issue 5s suffer from which is heel alignment on the midsole being kinda off which leads to crooked or slightly off centered Nike Air's. But besides that, they were pretty good. Leather was nice imo and the shape was definitely better than the Metallics from 2016. With 4s it's been 1 step forward, 2 steps back every OG colorway release.

Last edited:
Worst Jordan I’ve ever bought. Right shoe has a perfect shape, left shoe is awful. Beyond everything looking bigger, the inside mid-panel bulges out due to the geometry being wrong.

Each white line was copy/pasted to the other shoe - so they are the same size on left and right.
64E5EF58-38F9-41D0-9A75-D261D16C4369.jpeg

And wrinkled/jangled toe boxes to top off the look.
B7D20FCA-D631-4004-A185-B8230E3CC167.jpeg

Please - anyone that’s reading this - DO NOT BUY THESE IF YOU CAN’T RETURN THEM.

Worst Jordan I’ve ever bought. Right shoe has a perfect shape, left shoe is awful. Beyond everything looking bigger, the inside mid-panel bulges out due to the geometry being wrong.

Each white line was copy/pasted to the other shoe - so they are the same size on left and right.
64E5EF58-38F9-41D0-9A75-D261D16C4369.jpeg

And wrinkled/jangled toe boxes to top off the look.
B7D20FCA-D631-4004-A185-B8230E3CC167.jpeg

Please - anyone that’s reading this - DO NOT BUY THESE IF YOU CAN’T RETURN THEM.
Mine are the same **** man I thought I was the only one with one perfect and the other super short.

Mine are the same **** man I thought I was the only one with one perfect and the other super short.

I think I said that *left and right were off when everyone was first getting the shock drops in and pointing out the QC. That pair above has a great left side and ****** right with a prune toe box. The only thing on par about that is that most have a good left and wonky right.

I feel a lot like forest hills forest hills .. ran through 5 of these and 3 out of 5 were good enough minus still having some inconsistencies. Tried to oop a decent one but no one claimed them.

Last edited:
This should've been JB's release of the year.. if they did these right it would've been a real feel good way to end the year. What they did with the tongue on these is beautiful.. probably one of my favorite updated features.

You all know which is the worst :lol:

The improvement they FINALLY made with the tongues was pointless, man. It COMPLETELY defeated the purpose, because they were STILL low tops. If they'd stop bull****in', and fix the shape, toes, and ***DAMN HEIGHT of the ankle collars, I would've copped two pairs with the quickness. Ball sack leather, and all. The only thing good about this release, is the tongues, and the vibrant fire red shade. THAT IS IT.

Back
Top Bottom