NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

People dropping truth bombs in this thread but sadly that mindset will never come in large enough waves to make real change. It's all about keeping up with the Jones' & FOMO. Social media and being active on sneaker culture centric platforms will always keep people clamoring. Even clamoring for stuff they don't necessarily like much or need but if you see enough pics, fits, and vids they will always "grow on you". Those $500 Nike ISPA's sold out and they look terrible but let the right streetwear fashion influencer cop and post some fits then all of a sudden those shoes are people's "grails" and a must cop.

I can’t hate on anybody complaining about Jordans man. JB/Nike BEEN taking advantage of us.
Raised the price OG AJ1s with no improvement to quality.
EED45470-58C0-4A7F-9F99-9A4544F003C6.gif

Raised the price of models with “Nike Air” even though that’s how the retro was originally made. $220 for white cement 4s?
423D1A7C-A537-4DF5-ACFD-C8511CB232B8.gif

Terrible quality control, retros not true to OG, AJ1 phat lows, 1 mids, increasing the price of non Nike Air retros for no real reason and SNKRS app shenanigans.
B6D3AC10-32BB-4F12-9BA8-308728474E43.gif

Last edited:
People dropping truth bombs in this thread but sadly that mindset will never come in large enough waves to make real change. It's all about keeping up with the Jones' & FOMO. Social media and being active on sneaker culture centric platforms will always keep people clamoring. Even clamoring for stuff they don't necessarily like much or need but if you see enough pics, fits, and vids they will always "grow on you". Those $500 Nike ISPA's sold out and they look terrible but let the right streetwear fashion influencer cop and post some fits then all of a sudden those shoes are people's "grails" and a must cop.

It seems like this is what the shoe game has stooped to now unfortunately. 🙄

And why do those so-called influencers who I deem as outsiders who don't know 💩 about Jordan and sneaks have input that's valued by sheep and robots?

My only influences are iconic styles I recall from a bygone era that still endures presently and recalling seeing Jordan wearing and playing in those old style shoes.

I can’t hate on anybody complaining about Jordans man. JB/Nike BEEN taking advantage of us.
Raised the price OG AJ1s with no improvement to quality.
EED45470-58C0-4A7F-9F99-9A4544F003C6.gif

Raised the price of models with “Nike Air” even though that’s how the retro was originally made. $220 for white cement 4s?
423D1A7C-A537-4DF5-ACFD-C8511CB232B8.gif

Terrible quality control, retros not true to OG, AJ1 phat lows, 1 mids, increasing the price of non Nike Air retros for no real reason and SNKRS app shenanigans.
B6D3AC10-32BB-4F12-9BA8-308728474E43.gif

I'm with you on all that.

But welcome to the shoe game now where it's been in the toilet and went to hell for several years now. 🙄:emoji_thumbsdown:💩

My attitude is, keep on complaining and pointing it out--even if you still buy the shoes they continue to F up. They fixed the 11s, finally. Why? They still sold out instantly with the previous total-**** versions, so it shows that it is possibe to influence a change.
Frankly, it's a bit unfair to make it as simple as, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I bought the white/cement and black/cement IVs while also complaining about the issues. Some of these shoes, some of us who were there originally, we get put in a no-win situation. There aren't enough of us to make a dent in the bottom line by not buying. And they wait so long between re-retros of OG colorways, eventually you get to the point of, if you don't buy them, you'll be ancient by the time they MAYBE really do fix them. So we cave because having a facsimile of what we want is, every once in a while, better than nothing at all. Just ask me and old spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour how we know :lol: ... BUT that doesn't mean we endorse or like the butchered changes to the shoes.
I have and will continue to sit out tons of **** releases, but sometimes the love of/nostalgia for a few select models means we complain yet also buy. Anyone who can't understand that is effing clueless. Those people can F off untill they pull their heads out of their asses.

If you want JB to improve you can’t be in almost every thread talking about copped!

This! :lol: I've been OG colorway or nothing the past 5-10 years.

Quality (of colorway, unfortunately not materials/shape :lol:|l) over quantity.

Those $500 Nike ISPA's sold out and they look terrible but let the right streetwear fashion influencer cop and post some fits then all of a sudden those shoes are people's "grails" and a must cop.

Don't sleep...in 5-10 years you might like those.

This! :lol: I've been OG colorway or nothing the past 5-10 years.

Quality (of colorway, unfortunately not materials/shape :lol:|l) over quantity.

Don't sleep...in 5-10 years you might like those.

In 5-10 years nike better release lightweight affordable self lacing runners that can fit all foot types that have built in heating & cooling vents and a self adapting tread for all terrains. And they better tastefully light up and look good in a sport or casual setting.

My attitude is, keep on complaining and pointing it out--even if you still buy the shoes they continue to F up. They fixed the 11s, finally. Why? They still sold out instantly with the previous total-**** versions, so it shows that it is possibe to influence a change.
Frankly, it's a bit unfair to make it as simple as, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I bought the white/cement and black/cement IVs while also complaining about the issues. Some of these shoes, some of us who were there originally, we get put in a no-win situation. There aren't enough of us to make a dent in the bottom line by not buying. And they wait so long between re-retros of OG colorways, eventually you get to the point of, if you don't buy them, you'll be ancient by the time they MAYBE really do fix them. So we cave because having a facsimile of what we want is, every once in a while, better than nothing at all. Just ask me and old spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour how we know :lol: ... BUT that doesn't mean we endorse or like the butchered changes to the shoes.
I have and will continue to sit out tons of **** releases, but sometimes the love of/nostalgia for a few select models means we complain yet also buy. Anyone who can't understand that is effing clueless. Those people can F off untill they pull their heads out of their asses.
I agree with everything you said here except for the “old” part. Now excuse me while I go kick back and drink my Stella in my Concords. :lol:

Some people take the complaining a liiiittle too far with some models though, like people passing on the 2016 black metallics. Those were a good retro, not nearly as good as the 2020 fire reds but still a pretty decent retro overall.
I'm with ya, and the 2016 V was certainly a decent retro. But the reason (some) people complained about em is that if you want to compare them to the true originals (and some don't, I get it) you see the 2016 were TANKS shape-wise. They were even worse than the 2007 - so in many ways they're going backwards.

Anyway, back to the IVs -- a wide-range of people are still just begging for the original shape and toe. It's been a decades-long fight that hopefully someday will see a 1:1 copy. If you pay attention to even just the two below pics, (I mean really look and play close attention) you see how off the 4's still are in so many ways to what the shoe was that MJ wore.

air-jordan-original-4-black-cement-grey.jpg

JB.jpg

I’ve never owned a pair of these so even though I know the shape will be off I’m still excited about them.
Same. Looking forward to having these for the first time as well, and with NA on the back.

I love Jordan’s. Always have, and always will. But, I’ve come to the conclusion that we’re NEVER going to get exactly 1 to 1 re-creations of the OGs. We’re just not. Even the ‘85 1s, while close, had issues (some complained about the leather, some about build technicalities, etc.). Do I want them to make pairs exactly like the OGs? You damn right. Would I prefer that? Hell yeah. Am I going to not buy Jordan’s until that time that will NEVER come, where we do get perfect retros? No. The models that I like are always dope IMO (of course, depending on color blocking and such), but OF COURSE they’d be even better if they were exactly like they were when they originated.

Anyone who can't understand that is effing clueless. Those people can F off untill they pull their heads out of their asses.
rainking rainking . I hope my post did not piss you off and if it did my apologies. Maybe I need to explain it a little better. First of all, your right they did fix the XI after years of bad releases. Was it us? Or simple feedback from the masses that induced the changes? We dont know. I would like to think that peoples dissatisfaction for the final product in those years were actually heard.
As far as the 3 and 4 era go, they missed me barely because of my age. So in retrospect my scrutiny is not as high as yours and spoonmans, and so many more. My first glimpse of these were on posters from Wheaties boxes back then. I never had them originally. So with that said I still would always want them to be as close as possible to the 89 version. But from the 2016 WC to the 2019 BC they really were a nice looking retro to me. I knew the differences, but didnt care. Finally got a pair of NIKE AIR 4s. You know what I mean? lol. Same feel I have about the 3s since I had the WC from 94.
My comment was no where near directed to you I assure. I get the nostalgia thing your talking about no question. I truly think I could ***** about every retro at some point about something if I really wanted to. I will say my peace more on a few others maybe here and there. Its the people that want to say " trash, trash, trash" non stop and what to say the entertaining "you are the problem for buying these" quotes that I was really speaking of. Have read so many hate messages on shoes over the years by the very people that want to eventually show their double up pic.
But lets just say somehow there IS a lurker from Nike/JB in here that reads feedback for their product. Just saying. If certain member constantly downgrades a shoe day in and day out for months. Then shows on release day that the purchased a pair, what does that potentially look like to the supposed lurker?

The OGs in this pic look legit two inches taller lol. The “wing” placement looks very much different because of this, the retros the wings sit much more angled. On the plus side, I did think the black/cements were a slight step up from the 2016 white/cements. While still a nice shoe that I love to wear, the 2016s just weren’t up to par overall, build and materials..

If there’s any good news in all of this, it’s that the models that they have gotten around to “retooling” have turned out quite well, some I would say spectacularly well... (recent OG 11s, infrared 6,Aqua 8s, ‘85 retro 1s). So whenever they do get around to redoing the 4s (I would venture to guess within the next 5 years), they will probably also turn out pretty legit.

Even smaller details like how they changed the toe on the recent Fire Red 5s makes me think they’re at least putting some effort into making these shoes better, and there’s really only a few models left that are in dire need of a remold/retool. Up until recently I wouldve said the 3s were maybe the worst hack job, but with the red/cements new build I think they’ve got a pretty darn good OG replica 3 now. After I got my red cements I can’t hardly stand to look at my black cements, let alone wear them.

Really IMO the only shoes that are still in serious need of a COMPLETE remake/retool are the 2s, 4s, and 9s. Some people would say the 13s as well, but besides the 2017 black/reds the rest I have been content with. The shape may be slightly different, but I don’t think it totally f***s the shoe up. Some models just need some slight tweaks/details changed and they’ll be right there with the best of retros..

I would expect within the next 5-7 years all the models that still need drastic changes will get updated. I for one am dying for a proper OG 2 retro!! I was looking at some pics of MJ wearing the 2s couple days ago, and damn those shoes were such sleek low key flames!!! But the new 2s aren’t anything but a bit bulky uglier version of the OG.

Also, super curious when we’ll be seeing the white cement 3s again, now that they’ve got the shoe looking right, those are gonna be an absolute home run!! I saw customs people did online turning red cements into black or white cements and couldn’t believe how good they looked!!

rainking rainking . I hope my post did not piss you off and if it did my apologies. Maybe I need to explain it a little better. First of all, your right they did fix the XI after years of bad releases. Was it us? Or simple feedback from the masses that induced the changes? We dont know. I would like to think that peoples dissatisfaction for the final product in those years were actually heard.
As far as the 3 and 4 era go, they missed me barely because of my age. So in retrospect my scrutiny is not as high as yours and spoonmans, and so many more. My first glimpse of these were on posters from Wheaties boxes back then. I never had them originally. So with that said I still would always want them to be as close as possible to the 89 version. But from the 2016 WC to the 2019 BC they really were a nice looking retro to me. I knew the differences, but didnt care. Finally got a pair of NIKE AIR 4s. You know what I mean? lol. Same feel I have about the 3s since I had the WC from 94.
My comment was no where near directed to you I assure. I get the nostalgia thing your talking about no question. I truly think I could ***** about every retro at some point about something if I really wanted to. I will say my peace more on a few others maybe here and there. Its the people that want to say " trash, trash, trash" non stop and what to say the entertaining "you are the problem for buying these" quotes that I was really speaking of. Have read so many hate messages on shoes over the years by the very people that want to eventually show their double up pic.
But lets just say somehow there IS a lurker from Nike/JB in here that reads feedback for their product. Just saying. If certain member constantly downgrades a shoe day in and day out for months. Then shows on release day that the purchased a pair, what does that potentially look like to the supposed lurker?
Oh no dude, I wasn't talking about you at all or even anyone specific to this recent conversation. I don't think I even saw your post LOL. I was just thinking about the people in every retro thread who always surface and act like it's just a black and white thing: You either buy a pair or you don't, and if you do that must mean you think they're great. And/or it must mean that if you don't think they're great yet you still buy a pair, then you somehow have no right to point out what's wrong with the shoes. It's some of the most elementary-minded, dumbest **** that goes on here on NT.

My point about the 11s is, they sold out all the 11 releases even when the mold was **** for years. So financially speaking, they didn't appear to have any incentive to fix them. Yet indeed they did still fix them. Why? MAYBE some of it fits the ongoing theory that they know if they change molds and other details every decade, people will re-buy the same shoes over and over. But no one other than the person at Nike who actually made the decision is going to convince me that they would have done jack ****ing **** to the 11s if people here and elsewhere hadn't complained about it constantly for years. So I'll never stop complaining about things that can be done better, even IF I happen to buy the version I'm also complaining about.

“Build technicalities”......?

I never cease to be amazed by how you some of you effortlessly make yourself sound like bozos. It is a sincere hope of mine that some of you aren’t this lame in real life lol.

So I'll never stop complaining about things that can be done better, even IF I happen to buy the version I'm also complaining about.
Same here. I’ll still complain to call JB out on their 💩
I don’t complain just to complain. I complain because JB’s standards have gone down and they need to be called out on it. I know I take some heat sometimes on here but I really don’t care. I know JB/Nike people come on here. I know things even get back to them. I complain all the time about 13s, and I’ll continue to do so until they fix the problem of them using cheap *** leather. Anybody can compare an OG or early retro to a new one like that black/yellow Melo 13 and see that it looks like a bootleg; and it’s not just materials, it’s getting the shoe to look as close as possible to the originals. I certainly give JB props when they do a good job, and sometimes THEY DO a retro justice. They just need to be more consistent.

Back
Top Bottom