NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

The OG shoe was an actual hightop.

The model now is like a mid or 3/4 at best.

The mid-00s were straight low tops.
Thought it was a 3/4 to 5/8 mid. Not quite a high but def not a low.
Which is what 3s and 4s were meant to be.

Last edited:
Anybody else notice how terrible the 3’s shape & how thick the elephant print is??? **** looks like fakes from the early 00’s....I remember in the early-mid 00’s coming in here & everyone would be complaining about GENTRY HUMP & it’s pretty much the same issue back then that’s going on now...Bad quality, overpriced, too many retros etc only things that changed is NA coming back & the patent leather cut on the XI’S...

Anybody else notice how terrible the 3’s shape & how thick the elephant print is??? **** looks like fakes from the early 00’s....I remember in the early-mid 00’s coming in here & everyone would be complaining about GENTRY HUMP & it’s pretty much the same issue back then that’s going on now...Bad quality, overpriced, too many retros etc only things that changed is NA coming back & the patent leather cut on the XI’S...
aj.png

aj2.png

I’ve never owned a pair of these so even though I know the shape will be off I’m still excited about them.
Yeah I’ve never had the OGs but while I would love it if they came with the OG shape, I still do love my wc4s and really excited for this fire red release finally with NA.
Actually the tongue is the correct height. The rest of the shoe is way too low.
That’s exactly what I was going to say.

Same. Looking forward to having these for the first time as well, and with NA on the back.

I love Jordan’s. Always have, and always will. But, I’ve come to the conclusion that we’re NEVER going to get exactly 1 to 1 re-creations of the OGs. We’re just not. Even the ‘85 1s, while close, had issues (some complained about the leather, some about build technicalities, etc.). Do I want them to make pairs exactly like the OGs? You damn right. Would I prefer that? Hell yeah. Am I going to not buy Jordan’s until that time that will NEVER come, where we do get perfect retros? No. The models that I like are always dope IMO (of course, depending on color blocking and such), but OF COURSE they’d be even better if they were exactly like they were when they originated.
Damn right exactly. The accuracy to the OGs is nice but I will take what I can get when it comes to my favorites. Now my personal deal breaker is the exclusion of Nike Air on the back. That to me is inexcusable and I have never and will never cop a 3,4,5,6 without it, for myself. My daughter really wanted the Fuchsia 6s so I got her some off goat for a really good price. She doesn’t mind the pink jumpman.

Damn right exactly. The accuracy to the OGs is nice but I will take what I can get when it comes to my favorites. Now my personal deal breaker is the exclusion of Nike Air on the back. That to me is inexcusable and I have never and will never cop a 3,4,5,6 without it, for myself. My daughter really wanted the Fuchsia 6s so I got her some off goat for a really good price. She doesn’t mind the pink jumpman.
It’s tough when you have loved ones who don’t get it lol

I feel it. But
I feel it. You’ve never copped a single 3-6 without NA? I too prefer NA on all those models, but some colorways, that never came with NA, over the years are super dope regardless. The Columbia 4s, Oreo 4s, Cool Grey 4s, Bling 4s (2000), Toro 4s, Cool Grey 3s, Mocha 3s, Laney 5s, and Olympic 6s are all some of my favorite colorways of those models period, and all of them originally had the Jumpman, and have never had NA counterparts. Again, NA beats the Jumpman ten times out of ten, and the aforementioned pairs would be perfect tens in my book with NA, but the aforementioned colorways are some of the best ever IMO, and the Jumpman doesn’t make them any less dope IMO. They’re all like 9.99 without NA IMO. I also know the Fear 4s and the Travis Scott 4s, pairs I’m not a huge fan of, come with the Jumpman, and are loved by many. But I feel you. I just know a lot of time if I’d want some of those models in colors that are outside of the usual white, black, red, grey palette, I gotta rock with the Jumpman.

Last edited:
I feel it. But

I feel it. You’ve never copped a single 3-6 without NA? I too prefer NA on all those models, but some colorways, that never came with NA, over the years are super dope regardless. The Columbia 4s, Oreo 4s, Cool Grey 4s, Bling 4s (2000), Toro 4s, Cool Grey 3s, Mocha 3s, Laney 5s, and Olympic 6s are all some of my favorite colorways of those models period, and all of them originally had the Jumpman, and have never had NA counterparts. Again, NA beats the Jumpman ten times out of ten, and the aforementioned pairs would be perfect tens in my book with NA, but the aforementioned colorways are some of the best ever IMO, and the Jumpman doesn’t make them any less dope IMO. They’re all like 9.99 without NA IMO. I also know the Fear 4s and the Travis Scott 4s, pairs I’m not a huge fan of, come with the Jumpman, and are loved by many. But I feel you. I just know a lot of time if I’d want some of those models in colors that are outside of the usual white, black, red, grey palette, I gotta rock with the Jumpman.
Yep never have and never will. I will cop for someone else that likes it but I don’t like it so I don’t buy it. Trust me I wish it didn’t bother me as much as it does. But to me the jumpman on the back looks stupid. Tinker designed the shoe to have specifically the Nike Air logo there and to me it shows. I didn’t cop my favorite and very first Jordan ever the black tongue fr 5 because it didn’t have NA so that should tell you something. To me it’s not close at all when NA is missing. It’s like the Mona Lisa but with a little added mustache or her nose removed and replaced with a much uglier looking nose might be a better analogy. Her nose being removed and replaced with another is technically a very small change. Still I’m envious of you guys that can enjoy the molested 3-6. I would have loved the hare 6 if it had NA. Oh well. I’m picky so it saves me money. It allows me to buy multiples of the ones I love and WEAR them all, which is huge to me. This time I promised to wear all my shoes. Maybe cliche but life really is too short.

also know the Fear 4s and the Travis Scott 4s, pairs I’m not a huge fan of, come with the Jumpman, and are loved by many. But I feel you.
One thing is for sure and I am certainly not part of the many. I wouldn’t say I’m unique but I’m certainly not part of the crowd or swayed or influenced by anyone. I don’t even like the positive attention I get from wearing Jordans. At all. I wish nobody even looked at my shoes really. But yeah those TS shoes you mentioned are hideous to me lol the only TS shoe I like is the 6 and the infrared 6 is infinitely more dope.

This is the thing, we all have what we like. I respect that infinitely more than these young hypebeast I see on the sneakers subreddit that think just because they have an ugly limited shoe they’re “heat”. The new influencer INFLUENCED crowd is sickening. The trend followers that like to follow. All you see are Jordan 1s posted over and over and maybe another Jordan model thats a limited collab garbage. The look at me and how cool I am because I’m wearing this ugly chunky dunky or Grateful Dead. I know it’s all supposed to be subjective but come on. When we compare Tyra Banks in her prime to Roseanne Bar in her prime are we really going with its subjective to say Tyra is hotter? I’ve gone off the rails so I’m going to stop here before I move on to how overused and misused the word ‘silhouette’ is now with these new sneakerheads lol

Last edited:
I feel it. But

When Jordan Brand initially introduced the Jumpman in replacement of Nike Air, it was to differentiate between OG colorways and Retro + colorways. It was brilliant in its inception because you knew what colorways Money actually played in and the new take on classic models they wanted to get creative with. It was a simple formula that was working perfectly fine until Gentry decided to slap a Jumpman on the heel of the WC3 in 2003. This marked the beginning of the end for the Nike Air branding. There are stories that Jordan Brand made this change in branding to establish themselves apart from Nike. It was only the enthusiast and connoisseurs that took issue with it.

Our complaints fell on deaf ears for over a decade and it wasn’t until Gentry left JB to go to Nike Sportswear that we saw a return to Nike Air branding on the correct models and colorways. With Gentry back now you can see his fingerprints all over the branding gaffes. Nike Air has been placed on colorways that are technically Retro + and the remastered program that started when he left hasn’t lived up to its potential.

While the VI & XI saw improvements, the III & IV (OG colorways) have been disappointing. Interesting enough though we saw an improvement with the Fire Red V in comparison to the Black Metalic’s. It’s a shame they still can’t get the tongue right though. They made an improvement in the recent What the IV with fixing the banana toe shape, but the height of the shoe still remains wrong. JB corrected the shape to the III with the Unite and UNC release and finally got the tongue and elephant print ratio right. With these fixes made in between releases it shows that they know they can give us better shoes.

I disagree with the notion that we can’t and won’t see a 1:1 retro release. Unfortunately that won’t happen with who’s currently running things. All it takes is someone to be put in charge that is just as passionate and meticulous as some of us are. In the meantime we will continue to pick and choose with what we deem an acceptable release, while the masses consume everything like mindless drones.

I know I’m definitely alone in this but I hope they also retro the Mars version of the Fire Reds as well after this release. It’s just a shoe I remember rocking back in the day, my pair was super beat and had leather cracking everywhere so I had to trash em’. I’m in for the PSGs and these for sure.

When Jordan Brand initially introduced the Jumpman in replacement of Nike Air, it was to differentiate between OG colorways and Retro + colorways. It was brilliant in its inception because you knew what colorways Money actually played in and the new take on classic models they wanted to get creative with. It was a simple formula that was working perfectly fine until Gentry decided to slap a Jumpman on the heel of the WC3 in 2003. This marked the beginning of the end for the Nike Air branding. There are stories that Jordan Brand made this change in branding to establish themselves apart from Nike. It was only the enthusiast and connoisseurs that took issue with it.

Our complaints fell on deaf ears for over a decade and it wasn’t until Gentry left JB to go to Nike Sportswear that we saw a return to Nike Air branding on the correct models and colorways. With Gentry back now you can see his fingerprints all over the branding gaffes. Nike Air has been placed on colorways that are technically Retro + and the remastered program that started when he left hasn’t lived up to its potential.

While the VI & XI saw improvements, the III & IV (OG colorways) have been disappointing. Interesting enough though we saw an improvement with the Fire Red V in comparison to the Black Metalic’s. It’s a shame they still can’t get the tongue right though. They made an improvement in the recent What the IV with fixing the banana toe shape, but the height of the shoe still remains wrong. JB corrected the shape to the III with the Unite and UNC release and finally got the tongue and elephant print ratio right. With these fixes made in between releases it shows that they know they can give us better shoes.

I disagree with the notion that we can’t and won’t see a 1:1 retro release. Unfortunately that won’t happen with who’s currently running things. All it takes is someone to be put in charge that is just as passionate and meticulous as some of us are. In the meantime we will continue to pick and choose with what we deem an acceptable release, while the masses consume everything like mindless drones.

ed7b19571cf9255f6c5b9f5632bc84b7.gif

Back
Top Bottom