NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

So are the 2019 black/red 4s about the same height as the 99 retro?? If anyone has both pairs let us know!!
I have them and they look close to me
20200823_203201.jpg
20200823_203124.jpg

I know I'm late, and I've been silent since the 2020's were revealed like 3 pages ago. It's really been because of the disappointment, that I already knew it was coming. Anybody settling for these is just saying "**** it, I'm tired of waiting on these bastards." Long story short...

air-jordan-4-splatter-sample-1989-min.jpg

Until those ****ers at Nike/JB stop being ***holes, and adjust the wing placement, retool the ***damn ankle collar to the height in the pic above, EVERY damn pair of Jordan 4's will continue to look like ****ed up, wannabe replica pieces of trash. Bottom line. I figure they're gonna do just like they did with the Jordan 11's, the past 11 years. They're gonna release ALL of the OG colorways half***ed to satisfy our lust, then around 2023-24ish, they'll finally retool them, to a more "True to OG" height/cut/shape.

Seriously NT, the ***damn height/shape of the model NEEDS to become the HIGHLIGHT of this sneaker. Just like the patent leather, and white line cut of the 11's. I might, and I mean I MIGHT cop a pair of these in November, but I'm leaning towards not copping. I know they can retool it, because of the 1's, 3's, and 11's. ESPECIALLY THOSE ***DAMN "New Beginnings"!!! Everyone saying otherwise and settling for less is just ****ING redundant, now. I've been hearing it for over a decade, and I'm too tired, and too old for JB's shenanigans. They just know they can get away with it, and they'll make a quick buck, without anyone asking any questions. I'm past tired of paying my damn money for expensive cheap **** that's not even close to what it's supposed to look like.

These ****ers seriously act like we want "Air Mag" or "Fear of God" quality!!! All I want is some **** that should've never been ****ed with in the first ****ING PLACE!!!!

|l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l |l

Last edited:
I know I'm late, and I've been silent since the 2020's were revealed like 3 pages ago. It's really been because of the disappointment, that I already knew it was coming. Anybody settling for these is just saying "**** it, I'm tired of waiting on these bastards." Long story short...

Until those ****ers at Nike/JB stop being ***holes, and adjust the wing placement, retool the ***damn ankle collar to the height in the pic above, EVERY damn pair of Jordan 4's will continue to look ****ed up, wannabe replica pieces of trash. Bottom line. I figure they're gonna do just like they did with the Jordan 11's, the past 11 years. They're gonna release ALL of the OG colorways half***ed to satisfy our lust, then around 2023-24ish, they'll finally retool them, to a more "True to OG" height/cut/shape.

Seriously NT, the ***damn height/shape of the model NEEDS to become the HIGHLIGHT of this sneaker. Just like the patent leather, and white line cut of the 11's. I might, and I mean I MIGHT cop a pair of these in November, but I'm leaning towards not copping. I know they can retool it, because of the 1's, 3's, and 11's. ESPECIALLY THOSE ***DAMN "New Beginnings"!!! Everyone saying otherwise and settling for less is just ****ING redundant, now. I've been hearing it for over a decade, and I'm too tired, and too old for JB's shenanigans. They just know they can get away with it, and they'll make a quick buck, without anyone asking any questions. I'm past tired of paying my damn money for expensive cheap **** that's not even close to what it's supposed to look like.

These ****ers seriously act like we want "Air Mag" or "Fear of God" quality. All I want is want should've been ****ed with in the first ****ING PLACE!!!!

Exactly, my dude!! Im 43 years old, owned the OGs and the 99s. Im not settling for this ****. To the guys that will cop, yall eat up and I hope the quality is dope but I cant go for these. Especially after they reworked the 1, 3 and 11. Not only that, the Flight 89 retro has always had the correct shape. Its right there in front of everyone. Im just at a point where I demand more.

Until those ****ers at Nike/JB stop being ***holes, and adjust the wing placement, retool the ***damn ankle collar to the height in the pic above, EVERY damn pair of Jordan 4's will continue to look ****ed up, wannabe replica pieces of trash. Bottom line. I figure they're gonna do just like they did with the Jordan 11's, the past 11 years. They're gonna release ALL of the OG colorways half***ed to satisfy our lust, then around 2023-24ish, they'll finally retool them, to a more "True to OG" height/cut/shape.

These ****ers seriously act like we want "Air Mag" or "Fear of God" quality. All I want is want should've been ****ed with in the first ****ING PLACE!!!!

Your right here man. I'm definitely gonna get a pair just to finally have a fire red 4 with the nike air. Let's be honest tho the even if these are shaped like the 99s it's still off from the og shape that everyone has been fighting for. I almost feel like they don't fix then on purpose because the whole Gentry wanting to keep the OG's sacred or just for his own collection.

Exactly, my dude!! Im 43 years old, owned the OGs and the 99s. Im not settling for this ****. To the guys that will cop, yall eat up and I hope the quality is dope but I cant go for these. Especially after they reworked the 1, 3 and 11. Not only that, the Flight 89 retro has always had the correct shape. Its right there in front of everyone. Im just at a point where I demand more.
They really do have no excuse after fixing the 3. Its basically the same damn shape. Your a strong soldier bro it's hard to pass on these relases.

I can relate. Must have been cool owning the OG's, imaright??

Until those ****ers at Nike/JB stop being ***holes, and adjust the wing placement, retool the ***damn ankle collar to the height in the pic above, EVERY damn pair of Jordan 4's will continue to look like ****ed up, wannabe replica pieces of trash. Bottom line. I figure they're gonna do just like they did with the Jordan 11's, the past 11 years. They're gonna release ALL of the OG colorways half***ed to satisfy our lust, then around 2023-24ish, they'll finally retool them, to a more "True to OG" height/cut/shape.

These ****ers seriously act like we want "Air Mag" or "Fear of God" quality!!! All I want is some **** that should've never been ****ed with in the first ****ING PLACE!!!!

Dude even the Air Max 90's were given their OG form in an almost flawless attempt so you right on that one.

I'm 43 as well. OG Fire Red IVs were my first-ever Jordans, 1989. The whole thing sucks, but I'll get a pair because ... yeah. In other words: Thanks, Nike and Jordan Brand, you've officially ****ed around with getting these right for so long, I'm literally going to be a ****ing senior citizen by the time you might ever do them right even just one ****ing time. So I have to just take it up the *** with this version you dare bless us with. Gee, thanks.

I've said this before half-jokingly, but the people at Nike really are a bag of dicks at this point. I'm really glad some kid born 47 years after the OG IVs released might finally get a chance to relive them the right way when they finally do them right. If you're reading this thread, Nike/JB, I want you to honestly think about that for a minute. You're honestly a disgrace in this regard, at this point. But hey, who cares, right? Just keep printing money and laughing at those of us who actually care about your namesake's ****ing history, as well as our own, since we had these originally.

What a ****ing joke, honestly. I really should take my thousands and thousands of grown-up dollars given annually to Nike and spend it elsewhere LOL

It’s called planned obsolescence, they intentionally keep messing up little details so they can re-release a corrected product later and have the same consumer purchase it multiple times.
That's the ongoing theory, and it's illogical in light of other realities about these retro releases, not least of all the amount of time they go between releases.

Certain shoes sell out every time DESPITE the crap changes. This alone defies the notion people wouldn't buy them over and over again without the little changes. Why? Because the changes they make are mostly hated, not appreciated, by the people who even know what they are. At best, the average buyer doesn't even notice the changes, yet they still buy them every time, which also proves it's a red herring.

The one-off releases every five-seven years is the real reason, nothing else. I will never believe that if they put out a perfect 1 to 1 retro of, say, Concords once every seven or eight years, they would ever lose their luster and not sell out. The big-picture scarcity is what drives the ongoing demand, not these lazy little differences some marketing idiots at Nike have convinced themselves are the reason. THAT is why I say they are dicks.

Evidence proves there's no reason for them not to do these shoes right at this point in terms of consumer demand/desire. It's just laziness and greed at play. Because, why update the production process/materials/etc to make the shoes better when everyone keeps buying them?

It's that simple.

That's the ongoing theory, and it's illogical in light of other realities about these retro releases, not least of all the amount of time they go between releases.

Certain shoes sell out every time DESPITE the crap changes. This alone defies the notion people wouldn't buy them over and over again without the little changes. Why? Because the changes they make are mostly hated, not appreciated, by the people who even know what they are. At best, the average buyer doesn't even notice the changes, yet they still buy them every time, which also proves it's a red herring.

The one-off releases every five-seven years is the real reason, nothing else. I will never believe that if they put out a perfect 1 to 1 retro of, say, Concords once every seven or eight years, they would ever lose their luster and not sell out. The big-picture scarcity is what drives the ongoing demand, not these lazy little differences some marketing idiots at Nike have convinced themselves are the reason. THAT is why I say they are dicks.

Evidence proves there's no reason for them not to do these shoes right at this point in terms of consumer demand/desire. It's just laziness and greed at play. Because, why update the production process/materials/etc to make the shoes better when everyone keeps buying them?

It's that simple.
Well ****ing said

Back
Top Bottom