NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

OG soles didn't crack during their useful lifetime....only as they became vintage. They just yellowed as they weren't painted, and were softer. Current ones are improved over the pre- 2016 retros b/c the paint is less prone to cracking, but it's nothing like the OGs. Personally, I'd prefer updated zoom air and foam tech in retros if they can maintain the same look. I don't care if I look into the air window and see zoom instead....they'd be so much more comfortable than PU.

OG soles didn't crack during their useful lifetime....only as they became vintage. They just yellowed as they weren't painted, and were softer. Current ones are improved over the pre- 2016 retros b/c the paint is less prone to cracking, but it's nothing like the OGs. Personally, I'd prefer updated zoom air and foam tech in retros if they can maintain the same look. I don't care if I look into the air window and see zoom instead....they'd be so much more comfortable than PU.
If only MJ had a similar approach to products as he did to winning. Kobe had it right with the protro concept. We’re not getting the same shoe either way so might as well make it better and more comfortable.

If only MJ had a similar approach to products as he did to winning. Kobe had it right with the protro concept. We’re not getting the same shoe either way so might as well make it better and more comfortable.
What was Kobe thinking after the XI though. His sig went downhill. Awful.

Obviously Jordan's post 14 have done just fine considering the 35 is about to release.

They get the details wrong because they are either careless or incompetent - but you buy these either way, so why bother paying attention? You have to speak with your wallet.

I'm 43 as well. OG Fire Red IVs were my first-ever Jordans, 1989. The whole thing sucks, but I'll get a pair because ... yeah. In other words: Thanks, Nike and Jordan Brand, you've officially ****ed around with getting these right for so long, I'm literally going to be a ****ing senior citizen by the time you might ever do them right even just one ****ing time. So I have to just take it up the *** with this version you dare bless us with. Gee, thanks.

I've said this before half-jokingly, but the people at Nike really are a bag of dicks at this point. I'm really glad some kid born 47 years after the OG IVs released might finally get a chance to relive them the right way when they finally do them right. If you're reading this thread, Nike/JB, I want you to honestly think about that for a minute. You're honestly a disgrace in this regard, at this point. But hey, who cares, right? Just keep printing money and laughing at those of us who actually care about your namesake's ****ing history, as well as our own, since we had these originally.

What a ****ing joke, honestly. I really should take my thousands and thousands of grown-up dollars given annually to Nike and spend it elsewhere LOL

Fam, I hold the Fire Reds over any other IV because that shoe came during the worst year of my life. My pops passed away earlier that year and later on, My OG and my Aunt went to Vegas and had a good weekend. Long story short, My OG came back and surprised me with the Fire Reds and I didnt even ask for them. It was about the only thing that made me smile in 1989. Ill never forget her handing me that box with them in it! Ive waited and waited, passed on the Mars and the other retros for this moment, only to have it ****ed off because Gentry wants to “keep the OGs sacred”??!! Well... Imma keep my money sacred!

This is how far the 4s fell in the mid 2000s. The BC is from 2019 and is still taller and has a wider back tab.

I can only imagine how much bigger the OGs would look. Everything is thrown off. The height of the shoe is lower, the heel tab and flap is smaller, the heel counter/rand/piece of leather that wraps around the back of the shoe starts way lower, etc. Even the outsole doesn't look as thick as the 2019, which again is not even an OG.

This effect looked worse in person to me, it just looked like the Tour Yellows were a mini-version of the 4s. I think this picture softened the blow. Both are size 10.5 btw.

The back tabs with the Nike Air/Jumpman are wayyy different in size on these two shoes.

vlcsnap-2020-09-15-13h58m47s779.png

I for sure am copping, they’re a hell of a lot better than the crappy Mars 4s i bought back in the day. These are far from perfect but they’re rockable. I can drop dead by the time they release a true to OG version of these.

I'm 43 as well. OG Fire Red IVs were my first-ever Jordans, 1989. The whole thing sucks, but I'll get a pair because ... yeah. In other words: Thanks, Nike and Jordan Brand, you've officially ****ed around with getting these right for so long, I'm literally going to be a ****ing senior citizen by the time you might ever do them right even just one ****ing time. So I have to just take it up the *** with this version you dare bless us with. Gee, thanks.

I've said this before half-jokingly, but the people at Nike really are a bag of dicks at this point. I'm really glad some kid born 47 years after the OG IVs released might finally get a chance to relive them the right way when they finally do them right. If you're reading this thread, Nike/JB, I want you to honestly think about that for a minute. You're honestly a disgrace in this regard, at this point. But hey, who cares, right? Just keep printing money and laughing at those of us who actually care about your namesake's ****ing history, as well as our own, since we had these originally.

What a ****ing joke, honestly. I really should take my thousands and thousands of grown-up dollars given annually to Nike and spend it elsewhere LOL
I was going to make a joke but as I kept reading this it really hit me hard. I echo everything you just wrote. They can make great retros and they decide not to. They play too many games.

Its frustrating because they and everyone knows that the shoe will sell now and again next time so at this point there is no reason to hold on. Given how long its been, its irritating that someone probably won't see these right in their own lifetime.

And for what? You know how many kids still have no idea whats what or even the history behind this stuff. With that being today's reality, you mean to tell me the brand is really scared of making a shoe these kids won't remember in 4 years? Nah..

This is about a dollar. And its trash.

Its frustrating because they and everyone knows that the shoe will sell now and again next time so at this point there is no reason to hold on. Given how long its been, its irritating that someone probably won't see these right in their own lifetime.

And for what? You know how many kids still have no idea whats what or even the history behind this stuff. With that being today's reality, you mean to tell me the brand is really scared of making a shoe these kids won't remember in 4 years? Nah..

This is about a dollar. And its trash.
That’s the thing, the shoes would still sell out every time. You’re not hurting the OGs at all. OGs will still always be held in high regard because it was the first run. I understand that they can’t re-create them because of change in materials and how different things were done back then til now...however...they aren’t even trying to do certain models justice. It’s infuriating that they can’t get important things right and make certain retros great again. They have lost their standards. It’s pathetic. And they need to quit changing colors and names. Freaking jerks.

That’s the thing, the shoes would still sell out every time. You’re not hurting the OGs at all. OGs will still always be held in high regard because it was the first run. I understand that they can’t re-create them because of change in materials and how different things were done back then til now...however...they aren’t even trying to do certain models justice. It’s infuriating that they can’t get important things right and make certain retros great again. They have lost their standards. It’s pathetic. And they need to quit changing colors and names. Freaking jerks.

Especially when they CAN get closer regardless of changes in time, methods, materials... just look at the AJ III Red Cement, AM90, AM1, XI's, VI's, and FR V's.. this is a lifestyle choice for them :lol:

** Shiii.. even the whole damn Air Ship/AJ1 85 thing.

Back
Top Bottom