NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

How bout I didn’t even know these were coming out! I’ve been out of the loop fr—Had them In ‘89 so I’m all in! 3 pair mInimum.
060D03EA-54B0-42DF-89C5-795F03352F8F.gif

Fam, I hold the Fire Reds over any other IV because that shoe came during the worst year of my life. My pops passed away earlier that year and later on, My OG and my Aunt went to Vegas and had a good weekend. Long story short, My OG came back and surprised me with the Fire Reds and I didnt even ask for them. It was about the only thing that made me smile in 1989. Ill never forget her handing me that box with them in it! Ive waited and waited, passed on the Mars and the other retros for this moment, only to have it ****ed off because Gentry wants to “keep the OGs sacred”??!! Well... Imma keep my money sacred!
Preaching the gospel here. I also held off on every single retro of the 3,4,5 and 6 that didn’t have Nike Air on them which included my first Jordan ever that got retroed with a giant tacky jumpman on the back. Hated Gentry for that bull**** about keeping OGs value.

I did buy the laser 4 pack just to flip and did just that to some bloke in the UK who paid $500 for it. Other than that the 99 bc4 was the last 4 I bought until just a few months ago when I came back to my sneaker obsession. This upcoming fire red 4 release will be the first real retro of it ever in my eyes.

Those are actually not samples, got the real story behind them when they showed up on eBay. They were customized 4’s by a huge collector out of the UK and those are the photos that have circulated for the past two decades
So when they made that pair for Drake it was another case of JB not knowing their own history like with the royal blue Space Jams? :lol:

I always thought that that paint job was very amateur even by Nike's standards.

Yea man I was looking at that too. It almost looks like they have holes where the Corners meet of the squares. Colorway is super nice I like it. I wish JB had some real die hard collectors working for them. The average joe that loves this like niketalk does.

They do. Just hard for them to really get stuff pushed through. A friend of a friend does colorway design for JB, and he's asked me and my bro what models are due for a proper retro before. I know he has actively pushed for certain tweaks and colors. Those guys just aren't high enough up the food chain for it to really matter.

They do. Just hard for them to really get stuff pushed through. A friend of a friend does colorway design for JB, and he's asked me and my bro what models are due for a proper retro before. I know he has actively pushed for certain tweaks and colors. Those guys just aren't high enough up the food chain for it to really matter.
Damn man, that really sucks I wish guys like Gentry and old heads would move on and retire so we can get the talent like him and the others moved up. Also bring tinker back as a consultant or something.

They're customs. Someone reputable on here (tre one thousand or something) confirmed.
Right on man thank you for confirming that. I really like these, I never knew drake had a pair until like 4 weeks ago or something. I'd rather think about them as og custom better lol.

Back
Top Bottom