NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Yep. We didn’t get releases every week and the new colorways were spread out. So the pair you bought you treated it like gold.
This exactly. You may have seen 3 to 4 releases a YEAR of that model. You basically had to choose which ones you really wanted. Most of the the time it was one color maybe two if fortunate. But when you got em, you felt different. It made you want to play. It made you want to watch. Nothing cooler as a kid than wearing a pair Mj has on TV at that moment. Most of the time that didnt happen in my case. But the rare occasions that it did. :nthat:

I just hate the anxiety of “Will I be able to cop release day at retail”? being back. This was one of the things that turned me away from Jordans years ago. I know now I have the money to pick up the shoe if I didn’t grab it at retail and there are countless means to get an authentic pair. But I hate feeling like I’m battling for a holiday 11 or a limited release or a 1 for general releases...it is what it is though I guess, and it’s going to be this way for a while at least. 2020 has been a ****show and sneaker collecting shouldn’t be any different I guess. Haha

I just hate the anxiety of “Will I be able to cop release day at retail”? being back. This was one of the things that turned me away from Jordans years ago. I know now I have the money to pick up the shoe if I didn’t grab it at retail and there are countless means to get an authentic pair. But I hate feeling like I’m battling for a holiday 11 or a limited release or a 1 for general releases...it is what it is though I guess, and it’s going to be this way for a while at least. 2020 has been a ****show and sneaker collecting shouldn’t be any different I guess. Haha

All of this, it's frustrating and anxiety inducing.

I had that dunk 4 ad in the SI swimsuit edition with Kathy Ireland on the front. I didn't even subscribe to SI; I bought it as a teenager just to have that ad (though I did enjoy the rest of it too ;-). I think I kept it until around '05...damn it.

Back then I didn't even get catalogs. I would go into the local mall and check out what was new and buy what they had. I wanted the BC4s, however, they didn't have my size anywhere in the mall, so I got the WC4s and lusted after the BCs for the next year. For me it was ONE shoe per year (generally coinciding with the school year), so it was buy what they had on the shelf that day, and that's it until next year; no 2nd colorway!

I did visit Washington to visit family, and went to see the Bulls; I was wearing my WC4s, as was MJ that day. It went double overtime, and was awesome. It was a genuine love of his game and the shoes; it was pure. There was no hype, or resale, or other crap. I do like having a collection now though; that one shoe per year garbage was, well, garbage!

My Dad hated my buying Jordans each year; "what a waste of money". Then when that cover with the FR 5s "your shoes or your life" came out, he had an even more compelling case. I still continued as my Mom somehow understood my passion for these shoes, and split the cost with me. Man, I wish I had kept my OG4s, BM5, Infrared 6, Bordeaux 7, and Aqua 8....just to behold the original shape (except for the crap jagged tongue on the 4s....heh).

Wonder what the "shoe game" will look like 50 years from now, and what the future "old-heads" will be reminiscing about...."I miss the days when I could bot, and resell for 5x what I paid after posting on Instagram for all to see. Now I need a quantum computer to just enter a raffle, and $5000 to cop a 3D printed perfect replica...."....????

picture-310.png

ABSOLUTE MF'N HISTORICAL PEREFCTION.

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

NT, what will it take for those ***holes to give us that OG appearance back?!

Traffic School Days- Jamie Foxx Show-new.gif

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Last edited:
Why does it seem like the front of every sneaker like arcs up so you can see under the sole Nowadays?

Harvard recently put out a news article that talked about that actually.

"The toes of most shoes, especially sneakers, bend ever so slightly upward. While that curve, called a toe spring, can make walking easier and more comfortable, it may also weaken feet and potentially open them up to some common (and painful) foot-related problems.

That’s the conclusion reached by Harvard evolutionary biologist Daniel E. Lieberman, his former undergraduate student Oliver B. Hansen ’19, and two former postdoctoral researchers, Freddy Sichting and Nicholas B. Holowka, who studied toe springs and their effect on the biomechanics of walking.

The scientists found that the more curved a toe spring is, the less power the foot inside the shoe has to exert when pushing off from the ground while walking. That means foot muscles are doing less work, and this, the researchers hypothesize, may have consequences."

Full article

Harvard recently put out a news article that talked about that actually.

"The toes of most shoes, especially sneakers, bend ever so slightly upward. While that curve, called a toe spring, can make walking easier and more comfortable, it may also weaken feet and potentially open them up to some common (and painful) foot-related problems.

That’s the conclusion reached by Harvard evolutionary biologist Daniel E. Lieberman, his former undergraduate student Oliver B. Hansen ’19, and two former postdoctoral researchers, Freddy Sichting and Nicholas B. Holowka, who studied toe springs and their effect on the biomechanics of walking.

The scientists found that the more curved a toe spring is, the less power the foot inside the shoe has to exert when pushing off from the ground while walking. That means foot muscles are doing less work, and this, the researchers hypothesize, may have consequences."

Full article

In other words, make the feet strong again "

The toe spring is most prevalent in running sneakers. I’m not sure why Jordans have been having this lately, especially considering they’re now considered a lifestyle sneaker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom