NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Saw someone on IG talking about WC 4’s being retro’d again soon? Any truth to this?

They are being released in golf spikes.

B35ECF85-B47C-42C7-8F18-EDC432919AD6.jpeg

Where are the early pics of these? man these are the only pair I really want this year. JB always playing everything so close to the chest nowadays. In for doubles on this one.

I'm ready, but for the impending doom that is low cut height, banana toes, misaligned tab logos, plastic leather, and Varsity Red colorblocking. Any positive changes, that would fix ANY of the almost two decade problems I mentioned, would shock the hell outta me. SERIOUSLY.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heh....I see these things too, but it doesn't destroy my fondness for this model and I still enjoy wearing them. Biggest pain point now is being stuck at home, so while I used to wear a diff pair of shoes every day to work, I haven't worn any of my collection since freak'n March. This lessens my drive to want to acquire more sneakers to rot in my closet.

I've moved to ACG products for hiking on the weekends and Deschutz for casual walks & grocery shopping.

Getting kinda late for these Not to have any leaks. Wonder if these were slated for production around when covid first hit.
Bro I have been commenting on everyone who leaks early pairs asking for them to leak and all I get is "coming soon" or no reply. It is very frustrating. Idk if they were cancelled or pushed back but that will be heartbreaking if they did. Instead they rather show those ugly Pancho 4s with the blue knit upper

Heh....I see these things too, but it doesn't destroy my fondness for this model and I still enjoy wearing them. Biggest pain point now is being stuck at home, so while I used to wear a diff pair of shoes every day to work, I haven't worn any of my collection since freak'n March. This lessens my drive to want to acquire more sneakers to rot in my closet.

I've moved to ACG products for hiking on the weekends and Deschutz for casual walks & grocery shopping.

Cancel em if they are not 1:1 to the OG.

Agreed bro they have had more then enough time since the black cement 4 to fix molds, measurements and Hoopfr3sh was telling me that they're supposed to fix the shape this year. After seeing the Shasiko 4s or w.e they dropped the ball again.

I feel you man. What kills me the most out of ANY other thing ever, is that they keep making the height SO damn short. It throws the entire look of the model off, and it also forces them to stretch other sections of the shoes, making them look like half ***ed cheap toy replicas, in the process.

Just look how sweet everything is on the OG....

jordan-4-fire-red-2020-DC7770-160.jpg

The heel part of the leather is so high, that almost the same height off the heel tab. The cut of the leather, down to the toe has a perfect slope. I can't forget about the super visible heel bump, either. Also, one of the most important things as the wing placement. It at a perfect angle.

The last retro, is damn near, if not, half pass an inch down from heel tabs.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

img01.jpg

I know it seems like I'm talkin' out my ***, but THIS below is the BEST way I can describe the model BIGGEST problem. The overall height, and wing placement.

OG

06+.jpg

^^^^

The height is there, so the upper has enough space to align the wing at a PERFECT angle. However, with the 2012 model, and ALL of 4's released before, and after due to Nike/JB taking down the height tremendously, the wing have less space, which causes them to spread it out longer, and lower. This throws the entire shoe off.

08++.jpg

Look at the amount of space between the stitching below the wing, too the stitching above it. On the 2012, it's like an half inch between, where as on the OG, it's a few centimeters apart. This ALL because the shoe is now shorter. From 2019 to the present, yeah the overall shape of the 4 is better...

But actually it's even worse because the cut of the model is still short, but now they've stretched it out even more. You can CLEARLY see this, in this pic of the Metallic Oranges.

07+.jpg

If Nike/JB would just stop being lazy *****, and put the OG height back this model, I'd be satisfied. Until then, the 4's which are my all-time favorite model, will continue to be, dismal, lackluster, and a straight up disappointment. No matter what colorway it is. I'll pass on everyone. I swear, they act like we're asking for Fear OF God, Air Mag quality. All we want is something that NEVER should've been ****** with, in the first the damn place. Here's pic morphed together, so you can see how bad this model continues to look like, without the height.

09.jpg

I know it's not the best, and if someone can do it better, please do. The irony of this all, is that the tongues stayed the same height. They just look like shin guards, because of the lack of "HEIGHT". I'm pass tired of their BS antics. The continuous butchering has got to STOP!!!!

|l

I feel you man. What kills me the most out of ANY other thing ever, is that they keep making the height SO damn short. It throws the entire look of the model off, and it also forces them to stretch other sections of the shoes, making them look like half ***ed cheap toy replicas, in the process.

The heel part of the leather is so high, that almost the same height off the heel tab. The cut of the leather, down to the toe has a perfect slope. I can't forget about the super visible heel bump, either. Also, one of the most important things as the wing placement. It at a perfect angle.

img01.jpg

I know it seems like I'm talkin' out my ***, but THIS below is the BEST way I can describe the model BIGGEST problem. The overall height, and wing placement.

OG

06+.jpg

^^^^

The height is there, so the upper has enough space to align the wing at a PERFECT angle. However, with the 2012 model, and ALL of 4's released before, and after due to Nike/JB taking down the height tremendously, the wing have less space, which causes them to spread it out longer, and lower. This throws the entire shoe off.

08++.jpg

Look at the amount of space between the stitching below the wing, too the stitching above it. On the 2012, it's like an half inch between, where as on the OG, it's a few centimeters apart. This ALL because the shoe is now shorter. From 2019 to the present, yeah the overall shape of the 4 is better...

But actually it's even worse because the cut of the model is still short, but now they've stretched it out even more. You can CLEARLY see this, in this pic of the Metallic Oranges.

07+.jpg

If Nike/JB would just stop being lazy *****, and put the OG height back this model, I'd be satisfied. Until then, the 4's which are my all-time favorite model, will continue to be, dismal, lackluster, and a straight up disappointment. No matter what colorway it is. I'll pass on everyone. I swear, they act like we're asking for Fear OF God, Air Mag quality. All we want is something that NEVER should've been ****** with, in the first the damn place. Here's pic morphed together, so you can see how bad this model continues to look like, without the height.

09.jpg

I know it's not the best, and if someone can do it better, please do. The irony of this all, is that the tongues stayed the same height. They just look like shin guards, because of the lack of "HEIGHT". I'm pass tired of their BS antics. The continuous butchering has got to STOP!!!!

|l

Bottom line is this model has a lot of geometrical dependencies driving the shape and design. Get one part off and the entire shoe is impacted.

lets face it nie no longer has the og patterns or they would have used them a long time ago, if they don't take time to recreate the base patterns of the shoes they will never be of og geometry. and yes I say patterns because these shoes are cut from flat pieces of material to start not poured into molds. now the rubber pieces like sole, midsoles, wings tabs etc they are made from molds and we don't seem to have a problem with the shape of these.

img01.jpg

OG

06+.jpg

^^^^

08++.jpg

07+.jpg

09.jpg

|l

Your posts make me laugh and cry at the same time.

img01.jpg

OG

06+.jpg

^^^^

08++.jpg

07+.jpg

09.jpg

|l

Bro that is the best way I have ever seen it explained. I'm so glad you posted this. I wish I could go up to gentry or w.e is running Jordan brand and smash my phone in there face till they get it right lol. Really though that illustrates exactly how I feel about the 4. It supposed to guard your ankles and keellys tendons not dig in to them and have the tab tear up ur legs.

If they would just pull the top wings lace locks back then they could just make the ankle collar a little higher then those and boom you have a better height. I will sacrifice 1500 dollars to buy a OG that JB could cut apart and take measurements and fix them. I'm sure anyone of us would do the same just to fix this. If they make the fire reds this shape this is worse then the BC4 from 2019.

Attachments

• 20200828_110943.jpg
    20200828_110943.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 184
Thoughts on shape?

Look about the same to me

Kaws a little higher in the rear. We still don't know if the Kaws are fakes. They have the bump in the rear.. Rectangular lace holes.. Stitching on every edge of the triangle lace holders. I dyed them black. Cool with me, 1 of 1 lol. They feel just as comfortable as my other 4s and the suede is longer then the fakes I've seen. If they're fakes they're really good fakes I know that. Any idea if they're legit?

I didn't stuff the toes in either pair. They've both been worn about 5 times.

Attachments

• 20200828_132853~3.jpg
    20200828_132853~3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 156

img01.jpg

OG

06+.jpg

^^^^

08++.jpg

07+.jpg

09.jpg

|l

I just want the right shade of red last retro was too dull but those details would be nice but I doubt it

Back
Top Bottom