NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Got my pair from stockx wasn't impressed with the quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 136
Man listen, a lot of these cats must not have bought any Jordan from 06-2014. Even the bs Jordan 1 highs from 2013 that ppl where going crazy over were trash built. Y’all dismiss the cats who are nostalgically tied to Jordan’s and what they mean to them. I was the dude on Air-jordans.com and looking at retro cards like if I can get these I’ll be the happiest dude in the world. I doubled on 2012 tech grey 4s and was way to happy just to have the shoe after my 99 White cements cracked on me. Then there was the if these had NA on them days when ppl were praying for Nike Air(don’t forget the 88 cement 3s that were trash quality compared to the 2016 true blues ppl hate so much) but had NA . Now we get better materials than 07-2014(non 2 time wear paint chipping included), plus Nike air, a more comfortable build, and OG style box yey ppl go nuts over toe box shape. Like the last 2 pairs of fire reds weren’t hot garbage and these aren’t a step in the right direction. But hey fight the good fight guys.

Last edited:
I personally don't care what people post in here. It's a shoe forum, it goes with the territory. I think some just get annoyed because it's always the same people. You used to like Jordans and now don't like the quality etc...it makes a lot more sense to move on to something else to complain about. Whatever it may be. I suspect the ones that do it it over and over in here more then likely do it over and over with even the most trivial things in everyday life.

I highly doubt niketalkers are the only ones who get daily headaches from these individuals.

yeah, that's the thing...there are people in here who know the ins and outs of Jordan 4s, and there are people like me who didn't buy anything jordan until 2008 (because i hated jordan in the 80s and 90s) and have no idea what the proper shape or color shade or collar height or whatever is supposed to be and enjoy the shoe for what it is. that's why these will sell out. that and nostalgia from old folks.

it would be nice if jordan was able to make 1:1 retros, but let's be real...almost every single nike retro across the board has had issues. look at the air max 1, air max 90, air raid, air 180, air max bw, air huarache, air safari, etc...etc....

yeah, that's the thing...there are people in here who know the ins and outs of Jordan 4s, and there are people like me who didn't buy anything jordan until 2008 (because i hated jordan in the 80s and 90s) and have no idea what the proper shape or color shade or collar height or whatever is supposed to be and enjoy the shoe for what it is. that's why these will sell out. that and nostalgia from old folks.

it would be nice if jordan was able to make 1:1 retros, but let's be real...almost every single nike retro across the board has had issues. look at the air max 1, air max 90, air raid, air 180, air max bw, air huarache, air safari, etc...etc....
Most of them are the 'let me see the manager' crowd. Let's just say what it really is. Everybody that's ever been in these forums knows that.

Man, I sure hope all y’all complaining haven’t bought a retro since 99 or ever. Because they haven’t been an exact 1:1 since pretty much the OG. If y’all have, your a bunch of hypocrites Telling ppl **** what you say and coming down on ppl for grabbing these.

I don’t post much here’s my take. The shoe looks good ,however, it is a step backwards from the black cements and the black cats. Not sure what’s going on but it’s bs. The air max 3/90 isn’t perfect but it’s so close you really can’t complain. I’m passing on these.

Last edited:
Man listen, a lot of these cats must not have bought any Jordan from 06-2014. Even the bs Jordan 1 highs from 2013 that ppl where going crazy over were trash built. Y’all dismiss the cats who are nostalgically tied to Jordan’s and what they mean to them. I was the dude on Air-jordans.com and looking at retro cards like if I can get these I’ll be the happiest dude in the world. I doubled on 2012 tech grey 4s and was way to happy just to have the shoe after my 99 White cements cracked on me. Then there was the if these had NA on them days when ppl were praying for Nike Air(don’t forget the 88 cement 3s that were trash quality compared to the 2016 true blues ppl hate so much) but had NA . Now we get better materials than 07-2014(non 2 time wear paint chipping included), plus Nike air, a more comfortable build, and OG style box yey ppl go nuts over toe box shape. Like the last 2 pairs of fire reds weren’t hot garbage and these aren’t a step in the right direction. But hey fight the good fight guys.
As trash as they are, the 88 cement 3s are light years better than the tb 3.

Man, I sure hope all y’all complaining haven’t bought a retro since 99 or ever. Because they haven’t been an exact 1:1 since pretty much the OG. If y’all have, your a bunch of hypocrites Telling ppl **** what you say and coming down on ppl for grabbing these.
The people complaining are saying that this retro deviates further than reasonable standards of how a retro should be (mainly shape) not the fact that retros are not exact replicas (ie shape plus materials) of their OGs or 00 and earlier retros. I think everyone knows its not financially feasible for JB or Nike to replicate OGs 1 to 1. JB seems to not get it done right with the shape of the 4s according to some people here and I agree. However, there have been examples of overwhelmingly well received retros on NT like the 2019 Black and Red 11s, 2018 Concords, and the 2019 infrared 6s etc so its possible to get it done right. Also judging by the 3s released this year, you would think they would show the same improvements for the 4s. Now I'm not knocking someone grabbing these, but I know I'm not grabbing them and others have legit reasons on why they're not getting them. You have to understand that NT is an sneaker enthusiast website with plenty of longevity and not a casual website so criticism in detail naturally comes with the territory.

You have to understand that NT is an sneaker enthusiast website with plenty of longevity and not a casual website so criticism in detail naturally comes with the territory.

I'm fully aware of that. Been here long enough to know. I'm speaking to those acting like elitist on this board that are ripping others for liking these and saying they're not grabbing these, yet have dropped any kind of money on any retro or retro+ colorway.

A lot of insecurity in this thread. If you personally feel attacked because a handful of individuals criticize a sneaker and voice their opinion on a shoe forum, you’re the one with an issue. I’m tired of people who have the need to have their opinion coddled by strangers on the internet, this isn’t a circle jerk. People who have been buying and wearing Jordan’s since Mike originally played in these have a different perspective than you guys who didn’t. Get the **** over it and quit whining when someone doesn’t validate your JB purchase.

Back
Top Bottom