Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

In the Complex video of the OG Jordans, you can see how all over the place the shape and details were back then. Look at the height of the BC vs. the WC 3s. BCs are EXTREMELY high at the back (collar space above the back tab), compared to the WC, which look pretty damn close to what we got on these FRs.

Materials back then were definitely better, but shape, consistency, and overall craftsmanship were all over the place.

I don't think it's fair/accurate to judge shape on any shoes in that video. Now if we had a video/pics of DS pairs that have been sitting in Nike's vault for the past 35 years that would be another story.

Sheesh these snuck up on me. Thought it was another 3 weeks. Oh well, I’m here for em. Need about 3 at minimum. Told my girl I needed multiples. She gon ask how many, so I hit her wit the…
1661818654249.gif

Nah its a body type thing. If you have slender legs and narrower feet the tongue won't pop up like that. Thats the cause of the guy's tongue being "tall" because he fills out more of the shoe.
Well he also didn’t have them laced up to the top like a turtle neck or sum

For all we know the other tongue would be just as high given room to breathe and exist

Idk how people wear these without going up to top holes, laces are long on 3s and if you don’t you will have some huge rabbit ears laces. Trust me, this tongue is much shorter and way less poofy than other 3s. That dude with the crazy high tongue….

Idk how people wear these without going up to top holes, laces are long on 3s and if you don’t you will have some huge rabbit ears laces. Trust me, this tongue is much shorter and way less poofy than other 3s. That dude with the crazy high tongue….
I like to double knot it, and make the ears sit vertical instead of horizontal. IMO the way it falls makes it a nicer looking knot plus it’s more secure

Well he also didn’t have them laced up to the top like a turtle neck or sum

For all we know the other tongue would be just as high given room to breathe and exist

Nah man, I'm saying that because the same thing happens to my shoes. Being a heavier sneakerhead with thicker legs the tongues on my shoes(usually if they're midtop) becomes a lil more exaggerated when worn. Its cuz we fill the shoe out more. Even when laced all the way up. It does look less bulky when they're laced fully but that's not the root cause.

Vertical sitting laces has always been a terrible look IMO. :lol:
Lol if it makes it any better I kinda pull the ears in a way where they both fall and point forwards, minimizing the spread of the knot. But still to each his own I guess lol. It’s interesting I feel like there’s relatively little lace and tying laces type talk for how much we talk about shoes haha

You’re mostly correct. Something about the Jumpman just looks so wrong to me on the heel of IIIs, though. I can’t get past it.

Also, stop eating your shoes, mustard or no mustard.

I only like the jumpman logo on the tongue of my 3s and 4s, the tongue and outsole of my 5s, the lace cover and outsole of my 6s.

What I usually do is stretch out the shoes (unlace, take each side, and stretch two to three times). Then I lace them loose but flat on the tongue, it helps with having your foot in the shoe.

Back
Top Bottom