Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

just secured my second pair. First with DSG and second with FNL. I’m good and now to try to help friends.

I hope to be like Skip when I wear my Jordans
1662615573159.jpeg
He lookin at me like spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour looks at anyone who says they aren’t bustin nutz to this release.

Been a minute since I done a raffle

When will you get notified on your raffle results for FTL or Champs
They are supposed to notify you without having to open the app, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So if you get the notification cool, but if you don't still open the app to see the results. Tomorrow is the day, between 5 and 6pm

Yeah I did the pick-up and shipping for FTL. Never done this before. Expecting an L. Planned on SNKRS and Nike too. Just don't want to OD.

I hope to be like Skip when I wear my Jordans
1662615573159.jpeg
Dudes who stand like this aren't to be trusted. They're the type to have passionate arguments with you, pretend like everything is cool when the argument is over, dap you up, then snuff you the moment you turn your head away from em... The only difference between them is skip is that they're usually wearing super skinny jeans to go along with a smedium t-shirt and a worn down "designer" belt. :smh:

Responses got me thinking. This shoe came out before I was born (1989). Grew up in the thick of the 90s watching him tho. What crazy is that I am old enough to be a university professor, and be around 18-22 year old kids all day

My oldest students this year were born in 1999. My youngest were born in 2004-2005. It's crazy to think but many of them have ZERO connection to Michael Jordan the player (Besides maybe their dad likes him). They were all born either after retirement number 2 or 3. If they're not into sports (which many Gen Z kids are not) you can literally show them a picture of plain clothes Michael Jordan, and some of them do not know who he is. No lie

Most of them of course know "Jordans" the shoe brand, but Michael Jordan may as well be "The sneaker designer who makes the Travis Scott shoes" to some of them

I say all of that to say this. Happy days and smooth sailing are ahead, because outside of Jordan 1s these jits don't care about Michel Jordan, nor do they have nostalgia for his shoes. Air Jordans are becoming a brand for the 30+ crowd, which means for us in that club, every year moving forward it's just going to get easier and easier to cop. Even the classics
This is when I can see Nike/JB making Jordan's playable again, perhaps even improving on what was before (CF plate in certain models to help with stability, making certain models lighter, Zoom Strobel in 1s/3s/4s/5s/ etc., or whatever new cushion tech they come up with) and throw it on their latest mega stars that the youth of that era relates most to. Because realistically, while they may not mean much to the average consumer, professional basketball players will ALWAYS have an affinity for Jordan’s. And as we know, that interest will trickle down to regular consumers who are influenced by professionals and voila.

Back
Top Bottom