Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Screenshot_20220908-073757_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20220911-122922_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220912-182850_Chrome.jpg
I see the sculpted man leg posts have returned

Might as well hold off for the Playoff Pips at this point. You know you're getting multis of THAT one.

rainking rainking doesn‘t do things in ones. I don’t believe him with Fire Red’s if he finds another one to his liking. 😝
🤣
You guys know me well. Definitely need new Pip 1s, too. Still can’t believe I skipped that last retro in 2015. And yeah, I rarely buy just one of stuff like that and these IIIs. I really am TRYING to dial it back :rofl:

A lot of OG Jordans had crap QC and inconsistencies that people like to ignore. I had the WC4s and vividly recall the tongue being all jagged and the heel inside the shoe got a hole like every other Jordan I purchased back then. They've gotten better at the tongue shape, the jumpman embroidery looks way better now, and I don't get the heel holes (though that could be b/c I don't wear them daily in school).

This. That's why I was always curious about why people griped about not having the rolled tongue on the previous retros. OG detail or not, making them with the liner a little higher allowed them to fix a very consistent QC issue from the OG's. I've already seen the jagged tongue back and we've only had a handful of 3's with the rolled tongue.

Thanks for the Hibbett link I was able to cop today!

Passed on the 4s for the 3s and I'm happy about it.

List wise for me tho:

-BC3 (truly ubiquitous, I could wear them every day)
-WC3
-TB3
-Fear3

With Denim, Cardinal, Flyknit and Wools leading my underrated pile.

It if was a limited shoe I could understand. But these? Hell no, you should/should've asked for the manager, thats bull ****.

Yeah, I just turned that box around the counter and said "here you go" to the guy ringing somebody else and left. I should do that next time this happens.

This is wild. What was their reasoning?

No reason. The guy said "personally... we can't let you try it on until tomorrow or the day after." In my mind, I'm like "'Personally?' What about 'professionally?' Who are you, Michael Jordan? Are you someone's idol who they never knew is psychotic?"

I hate this argument because I know people like you are much smarter than posts like this.

AJ 3s were high tech basketball shoes in 1988 when they released. In 2022, they are cheap to produce and the tech is literally decades old-they are worth nowhere near $256 as high tech performance basketball shoes like they were in 1988.
But Jordan 36s and Lebron 20s presumably have the highest tech available today and they retail for $200 or less, so not sure what your point is. If you think a Jordan 3 had some sort of high-tech design I don't know what to tell you. They had a visible air unit, that's it. The Reebok Pumps debuted 12 mos later and had a retail price of $170. That's equivalent to $415 today, way more than even the Adapt BBs, which tighten themselves for crying out loud.

Don't get me wrong, OG Js were incredibly well-designed stylistically, but I don't think you can honestly say they were particularly technologically advanced til the 11s with the carbon fiber shank. But OG Js were also always really expensive, which is why I never had 'em as a kid in the 80s and 90s.

Damn the Reebok Pumps cost that much? They must have dropped a lot because I remember having a pair as a kid and my folks were def not trying to spend Jordan money on any of my shoes.

But Jordan 36s and Lebron 20s presumably have the highest tech available today and they retail for $200 or less, so not sure what your point is. If you think a Jordan 3 had some sort of high-tech design I don't know what to tell you. They had a visible air unit, that's it. The Reebok Pumps debuted 12 mos later and had a retail price of $170. That's equivalent to $415 today, way more than even the Adapt BBs, which tighten themselves for crying out loud.

Don't get me wrong, OG Js were incredibly well-designed stylistically, but I don't think you can honestly say they were particularly technologically advanced til the 11s with the carbon fiber shank. But OG Js were also always really expensive, which is why I never had 'em as a kid in the 80s and 90s.

Jordan 36 and lebron 20s are all plastic.

At least with retro Js you get terrible leather

The 3's were technologically advanced for the time.

Jordan's have always been performance basketball shoes with Nike's latest and greatest technology.

It's the flagship model so it's expected to be the best.

Heal and forefoot Air in 1988 was very advanced and the latest cushioning from Nike.

1663042343479.jpeg
1663042298844.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom