Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

I hate this argument because I know people like you are much smarter than posts like this.

AJ 3s were high tech basketball shoes in 1988 when they released. In 2022, they are cheap to produce and the tech is literally decades old-they are worth nowhere near $256 as high tech performance basketball shoes like they were in 1988.

A Big Mac in the 90s cost $2.45. How much do they cost now?

Always thought Big Macs looked disgusting as a kid. I think they were on sale for like $1 at one point when I was in grade school, and I tried one because MJ used to always eat em, and I was like ****, this actually ain't bad. Wheaties trash tho.

Always thought Big Macs looked disgusting as a kid. I think they were on sale for like $1 at one point when I was in grade school, and I tried one because MJ used to always eat em, and I was like ****, this actually ain't bad. Wheaties trash tho.
Wheaties are the worst. **** gets soggy if milk even looks at it :smh:

Re: Pumps, yeah, I think by 90-91 Reebok made more models and higher production runs and brought the price down more in line with Js. Plus they would hit sale and places like Marshalls a lot in the early 90s, too, because Nike went ham with stellar hoops shoes, and even Adidas, Puma Fila, Etonic and Cons had great pairs, too.

What blows my mind (and did back then, too) was the Nike Air Pressure, which were $180 in '89. Basically you had to have rich parents or were selling crack to have those ****s back then lol.

Last edited:
Reimagine us getting these in 2023 aye....
Peep that left toe box...
Screenshot_20220912-224015_Gallery.jpg
:sick: :smh:
That good ol Nike QC. Some things never change I guess
Screenshot_20220912-212802_Chrome.jpg

Good god, is that true?

…I haven’t been to McDonalds in probably 15 years.
Yeah, I went to McDs for the first time in like 20 yrs last year because they sponsor my favorite NASCAR driver (Bubba Wallace), and I got a Big Mac and Filet o Fish for like $6 total. I can't say it was even worth that. I was so disappointed - it was so much better when I was a little fat kid :lol:

Finally had a chance to snap a picture to share! After seeing it in person yesterday and having some time to think about it (for once), I called around and was able to purchase at my local Nike store! If you guys can, give your local Nike Store a call to see if they've released unclaimed pairs onto the shelves for public purchase. Yes, they let me try on the shoes and they do feel comfortable as most mentioned, so thank you guys! I feel like they feel similar to an Air Trainer 1 perhaps?

I don't know too much about Jordan 3s, but what I do know is that this colorway is clean, execution is very nice and it fits the bill for my small rotation/collection of shoes that I'm eventually moving towards, which are the timeless styles in its true form and original colorways. That 1988 version vs. 2022 version IG post was dope and helpful, too!

52354476240_9b4922c42b_b.jpg

so mj didnt even eat his own hamburger the mcjordan?

Damn the Reebok Pumps cost that much? They must have dropped a lot because I remember having a pair as a kid and my folks were def not trying to spend Jordan money on any of my shoes.

I remember wanting the Reebok Twilight Zone Pumps as a kid growing in the Philippines.

The cost was like 5000 Pesos. The conversion rate around that time was $1 to P25.

So yeah, around $200 USD.

Had to wait for the Reebok pump omni lites to go down to $80 before my parents bought me a pair. Dad bought me 2 sizes up so I can grow into and get his money's worth. LOL.

The 3's were technologically advanced for the time.

Jordan's have always been performance basketball shoes with Nike's latest and greatest technology.

It's the flagship model so it's expected to be the best.

Heal and forefoot Air in 1988 was very advanced and the latest cushioning from Nike.

1663042343479.jpeg
1663042298844.jpeg

Thank you! I was reading that post like what in the world is dude talking about? :lol:

Or they made the shoes from lasts that were based on his actual feet. I know his later models (xi+) were definitely made that way. Not sure when they started with that.

More than likely just production variability though.
That left foot was his broken, larger foot as well. Maybe they were both the same size and his big-*** toes stretched the print funny? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom