Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Two air units! Technological advancement!

Bigger air unit! Technological advancement!!!
That's kinda the way it works

1663084897225.jpeg

1663084833982.jpeg

1663084867033.gif

I'd say Jordans were more advanced than other companies basketball shoes from the AJ 1 through the 14.

Even just the plastic and mesh they used on the 4s-5s-6s was more advanced than other basketball shoes because it cut weight and performed great.

Plastic and mesh isn't hi-tech, but for basketball sneakers that were mainly leather and rubber at the time, it was.

Look on the last page. A lot of people still have awaiting shipment status on SNKRS.
Welp Snkrs got two more days to change the status or I’m going to pickup another pair in store and cancel these lol no need for me to wait it out if they still sitting everywhere 🤷🏿‍♂️

I'd say Jordans were more advanced than other companies basketball shoes from the AJ 1 through the 14.

Even just the plastic and mesh they used on the 4s-5s-6s was more advanced than other basketball shoes because it cut weight and performed great.

Plastic and mesh isn't hi-tech, but for basketball sneakers that were mainly leather and rubber at the time, it was.

Jordan's have always been made to be the best basketball shoes on the market technology and cutting edge-wise.

If he's not satisfied with the technology then that's on him.

I love these shoes so freakin much. But can’t pull the trigger at 305$ (Canadian)

My first retro cement 3s in 2003 were 110.

I can’t do it man, it’s ridiculous at this point.

Guess I’m washed
Definitely not washed, just smart. No way in hell I would pay that much.

That's kinda the way it works

1663084897225.jpeg

1663084833982.jpeg

1663084867033.gif

It's obvious all you seem to care about in regards to technology is air bubbles, so I don't even know what to tell you.

I don't even think the AJ3 was the most advanced shoe Nike made in '88. The Air Tech Challenge and Air Trainer SC were probably more advanced. Hell, the Air Revolution, which is basically a high AJ3 with an ankle strap and forefoot wrap, was a more advanced basketball shoe and it released before the AJ3. And I don't think we can discount some of the advancements some other companies were doing - Reebok had the pump, Cons had Energy Wave (which was SUPER comfortable), Adidas had the torsion bar and the forgotten Intruder (John Starks' shoe from '94) had a sick wire frame the laces went around that gave full-foot tightening.

That's why I feel the early-mid '90s were the absolute pinnacle of sneaker design - all these companies battled for the best looking, most technologically-advanced shoes for every sport & activity. Nike had the best marketing, though, so a lot of people just automatically look back and say they were by far the best at everything when in a lot of cases it wasn't really the case.

NZwE.gif

Jordan's have always been made to be the best basketball shoes on the market technology and cutting edge-wise.

If he's not satisfied with the technology then that's on him.
What are we even arguing about? We acting like Nike Basketball didn’t build itself off the back of Michael Jordan. And how are you going to compete against Adidas, Converse, New Balance, and Reebok with a subpar product. I was 11 when the 3 came out. Dudes in the hood were geeking from the looks. And obviously the man had the iconic dunk contest and other numerous feats in the shoe.

And today…despite how ugly they are. It’s probably the flagship Nike basketball sneaker (tech wise), followed by the Lebrons and other lines.
Definitely not washed, just smart. No way in hell I would pay that much.
But we buying Kith Lebrons and Off Whites?

I won’t lie. I stopped buying newer Lebrons and had to look up those Lebrons mentioned. 😳

Jor
Yes, I have a problem buying 10 pairs to hold so that in 3 years I can unload 8 of them that I paid $1808 for at $475-500 a pop like the '18 BC 3's and make about $3800-$4000
:rofl:

Kinda like a property I bought for $880K in Orange County in 2020 and as of today is now valued at $1.3 million

I apply the same logic to Jordan retros, OG colorways only lol

I admit, i have a problem :lol:
Well, why stop at 10 if you’re “investing”? Lol

Doubt these are gonna fetch the same resale as Black Cements.

Also sneaker reselling is weird unless you're a dealer or have some sort of legit operation where you're doing real numbers.

Jor

Well, why stop at 10 if you’re “investing”? Lol
Bro long term investing….

Might as well buy 30 pairs of the L&F!!

I won’t lie. I don’t see anything wrong with his mindset.

In my pursuit to clear space in a room…I’ve offloaded older Jordan’s and it’s easy to make $300 and up. But you can safely do this with XIs or 1s. Those tend to rise up in price the most.

It’s just a space and capital thing. You’re basically losing out on the money until it’s time to recoup. Plus the space 10 sneakers take up.

It's obvious all you seem to care about in regards to technology is air bubbles, so I don't even know what to tell you.

I don't even think the AJ3 was the most advanced shoe Nike made in '88. The Air Tech Challenge and Air Trainer SC were probably more advanced. Hell, the Air Revolution, which is basically a high AJ3 with an ankle strap and forefoot wrap, was a more advanced basketball shoe and it released before the AJ3. And I don't think we can discount some of the advancements some other companies were doing - Reebok had the pump, Cons had Energy Wave (which was SUPER comfortable), Adidas had the torsion bar and the forgotten Intruder (John Starks' shoe from '94) had a sick wire frame the laces went around that gave full-foot tightening.

That's why I feel the early-mid '90s were the absolute pinnacle of sneaker design - all these companies battled for the best looking, most technologically-advanced shoes for every sport & activity. Nike had the best marketing, though, so a lot of people just automatically look back and say they were by far the best at everything when in a lot of cases it wasn't really the case.

NZwE.gif

We're talking about a technology that was in a shoe in 1988 that's still used today "Zion 2". So it would be foolish of me to mention Zoom.

What are we even arguing about? We acting like Nike Basketball didn’t build itself off the back of Michael Jordan. And how are you going to compete against Adidas, Converse, New Balance, and Reebok with a subpar product. I was 11 when the 3 came out. Dudes in the hood were geeking from the looks. And obviously the man had the iconic dunk contest and other numerous feats in the shoe.

And today…despite how ugly they are. It’s probably the flagship Nike basketball sneaker (tech wise), followed by the Lebrons and other lines.

But we buying Kith Lebrons and Off Whites?

I won’t lie. I stopped buying newer Lebrons and had to look up those Lebrons mentioned. 😳

One poster in question doesn't believe the 3's had advanced technology in 1988.

Back
Top Bottom