Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

I definitely like my EU pair much better than my SNKRS PAIR. Leather is wayyy softer and more tumbled on my EU pair than my SNKRS.

Elephant print on SNKRS pair is over exaggerated

My SNKRS pair feels “cheaper” in quality. Also, the cushioning around the sock-liner is softer than the EU pair.

EU Wins this round💯

17CF74E3-2DC4-4928-AB6A-DEF4BCE69728.jpeg

AF632883-E596-46D4-8735-0D044420060E.jpeg

96978D49-9A62-4CED-8F2D-D260BC695DC8.jpeg

BF9EF395-1B97-4575-947C-61E92B818324.jpeg

97029F22-E432-4DF8-9578-38D3510B9B92.jpeg

19785515-C820-4FCF-87BA-2CA08D5AFC76.jpeg

4D4B57C9-82B6-4A3C-8E26-B1F7808DA3AA.jpeg

C4D2593B-6770-43AD-AEDB-24B954AA1C4B.jpeg

F4478A15-5C41-4F72-BE06-5B45704B4F19.jpeg

Show us the bottom of insoles and the size tag.

But newsflash, the quality of Jordans have been consistently the same throughout the years. Only difference is either Durabuck or synthetic leather, and sometimes they used full grain. Toes boxes came creased, elephant print was different sizes, shoes were different heights. OG Jordan 13s had the toe tag upside down back then just like some retros. Nike had production facilities in different countries for the same model so of course they would all be different. I remember OG Playoff 11s depending on what factory, they had different toe boxes all together, some like a duck bill and some slanted down.

You guys only see OGs from pictures but the grand scheme of things is that we wore our kicks to the ground so the QC issues didn’t matter to us. Now people take pictures and stare at retros, so in a sense it went from a wearable shoe to a collectors item. But Nike didn’t change anything besides the price. People are just expecting more

In my opinion, the build quality today is generally much better than it was in the 90s. A lot of the materials and shapes of the shoes seemed nicer back then, but I lost count of how many pairs of shoes I had to return. It was usually due to the outsole peeling off, or threads coming undone. I learned quickly back when I first really got into Nikes and Jordans (around late 1989/early 1990) to always inspect them closely in the store to look for loose stitching and poorly glued/attached outsoles. Doing that at least reduced the chances I'd have to return them down the road. I've told the story here before about being in college in 95/96 and going to buy the OG carbon-fiber Zoom Flight 95s. I had to have the dude bring out literally every pair he had in my size to find a left shoe and a right shoe that didn't have their outsoles not glued on fully in a spot or two. People were looking at me curiously as I was sitting there on the bench, surrounded by a giant stack of Zoom Flight 95s :lol:
When I take a close look at the shoes I buy today, I almost never see these fundamental types of construction issues where I think the shoes are going to fall apart. The stuff we talk about straight out of the box nowadays is almost always purely cosmetic.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie; I placed an order on Hibbett early Monday before finding out the Nike store nearby had stock, so I have a second pair that came in but I'll be good with one pair.

I'm SO SORRY to beat a dead horse here, but because there's a lot of discussion on the elephant print... is it the thinner print on the left pair that's closer to the original one or the thicker pair on the right one? From what I was reading in the last 5 pages, it seems like it's supposed to be the thinner print. This is just for knowledge transfer/future reference.

PXL_20220920_193013058.jpg

Last edited:
Just got an email from EBAY to get TOP STAR status. Just had to send them pcis of my Collection with a Special Code in the picture. That is going to be sweet. Will be able to get every release for Retail!!!
Make to include one pic of yourself lying naked in the middle of your collection...pair of Bred 1s covering your private area.

I hear they offer a special discount for that.

...you're welcome.

Last edited:
There are 2 answers. So the shoe on the bottom left, the EP on the back of the shoe is what everyone wants the EP to look like. BUT the EP on the shoe in the top right is what everybody hopes the height of the EP looks like. I hope that clears it up for you lol

LOL got it. Thank you! Yeah, that one has a shape flaw, but to me, it's just standard manufacturer flaws I can accept. Nike/Jordan is a fast-fashion company anyway; this type of stuff was expected. As long as I didn't receive pANdA dUnK LoW quality, it's good to me!

Make to include one pic of yourself lying naked in the middle of your collection...pair of Bred 1s covering your private area.

I hear they offer a special discount for that.

...you're welcome.
Oh thats right I forgot you work for Ebay in the TOP Status dept. Weird way to ask for a naked pic though. But whatever floats your boat.

Got my Hibbett restock pair delivered today and received a VNDS pair 🤣😆😬

don't ask wth that **** is on the outsoles
:sick::lol:
20220920_000329.jpg
20220920_000349.jpg
20220920_000358.jpg
20220920_000317.jpg

Can't wait til tomorrow when I call Hibbett customer service and complain until they give me at least $20-$30 off for my troubles :lol::pimp:
Herbert told me they are going to refund me 15% plus I'm able to use one of my $10 rewards, bringing my total cost down from $226 to $181 :smokin:pimp:

They said it would take about 5-7 days for all the credits to hit my account so we'll see if they actually honor it.

Can ya'll check the bottom of your insoles and tell me if there is a B stamped on them? My shoe palace has this, but my NIKE pair doesn't? This ain't no bbbbbb-grade is it? Shoe Palace at Glendale sold them to me.
Mine do not have the "B". LN4 pair from Nike Mall Of America.

I got the shipped notification from SNKRS with tracking then 12 hours later the “we didn’t forget” email.

Haha who is DUKE and WTF is up with my pair fam. Missed the joke about a burner account? Sorry to disappoint, but this my only one? Think you got me twisted with someone else.

Back
Top Bottom