Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

52372836128_74bea914a6_b.jpg

These felt great for the 2 minutes that I could enjoy them because it took one minute to just start raining that wasn't forecasted on my weather app.

Screen_Shot_2021-04-21_at_2.15.25_PM.png
At least they’re not suede or nubuck.

That’s the worst feelings on earth.

Worse than gonorrhea.

…or so I’m told.

Got my pair in from NEX yesterday. These make the true blue from 2016 and black cement from 2018 just pathetic. I’m still content with those versions but the fire red version just blows them out the water. I’m pretty much done for the year except for the AMM 4’s later this year. Gonna enjoy wearing these as much as possible.
40573381-DF66-4F4C-9E55-D21857FCD45C.jpeg
Great pair

Just got an email from EBAY to get TOP STAR status. Just had to send them pcis of my Collection with a Special Code in the picture. That is going to be sweet. Will be able to get every release for Retail!!!

Don't get TOO excited haha. It's about once every 2-3 months, selection and size runs vary every time, and you can make one purchase per collection. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool program, but it's hit and miss.

Eu pair is True Polyurethane. Smooth texture and firm to the touch.

Snkrs pair feels like synthetic Polyurethane. Ruff texture and very stiff to the touch.

I think SNKRS sold us b-grades guys😖
2157A96F-11D5-4F75-97DD-36B538EB985D.jpeg

172A4CF5-E622-43B1-911E-C2EB3974B651.jpeg

7A83B903-9571-44C7-BC6E-5ED1EF8EC762.jpeg

There seem to be two kinds of fire red 3s. One with a nice glossy finish and the other has a dusty matte finish, akin to ashy ankles. These are either being produced in different factories, or the qc is all over the place.

Don't get TOO excited haha. It's about once every 2-3 months, selection and size runs vary every time, and you can make one purchase per collection. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a cool program, but it's hit and miss.
Wow really wasn't aware of that, but that's fine only need 1 pair per release unless its an OG or the Midnight Navy White Cement IV's. Thanks for the heads up though

People out here thinking a single pair of shoes shouldn't look the same. :rofl:

If you look at your pair of shoes and you can see obvious differences, then there's a problem with your shoes.

Wow really wasn't aware of that, but that's fine only need 1 pair per release unless its an OG or the Midnight Navy White Cement IV's. Thanks for the heads up though
Dude, it’s not every release. It’s better than nothing but you need to know you don’t get to buy every release through that program. That’s not what it is or how it works, unfortunately.

Eu pair is True Polyurethane. Smooth texture and firm to the touch.

Snkrs pair feels like synthetic Polyurethane. Ruff texture and very stiff to the touch.

I think SNKRS sold us b-grades guys😖
2157A96F-11D5-4F75-97DD-36B538EB985D.jpeg

172A4CF5-E622-43B1-911E-C2EB3974B651.jpeg

7A83B903-9571-44C7-BC6E-5ED1EF8EC762.jpeg
my EA pair from SNKRS just arrived with a gash in the box lid and the midsole paint job looks like they missed a finish coat of white (lots of small holes visible)...

7b564fa3c6c5454be669aa1f42dbd401.png

Boy I'd hate to tell you Nike themselves proved that is a lie this year. A LOT of their shoes this year have had TERRIBLE QC. And its been proven that they use cheaper grades of leather while stating the materials are "closer to OG i.e., Georgetown 1s when its the same leather as a cheap AF1"

I wasn't alive back then but i'm sure the people who had the OGs know the leather and QC was MUCH better than now, even if we only have pictures and some videos to compare. There's a reason OGs are high collectibles and not recent retros.
All this is wrong. OGs had several QC issues and there’s many pics to prove it, even in this very thread. OGs are high collectibles because they’re the first of their kind, represent a particular time in history and are extremely rare at this point. The design and existence of the shoe itself is what’s being celebrated with collectibles, not the individual QC of pairs which literally no one paid attention to or cared about when those shoes originally released. They largely had the same QC issues as they do today and I would argue the QC is definitely much better today than it was then. Maybe not the materials but technology in the manufacturing process is just obviously better now than in ‘88. There were all kinds of QC issues on OG Jordan’s. If you admittedly weren’t alive and never owned any OGs how/why are you able to speak so confidentiality about QC on said OG Jordan’s?

Last edited:
my EA pair from SNKRS just arrived with a gash in the box lid and the midsole paint job looks like they missed a finish coat of white (lots of small holes visible)...
A8F5CD7F-8211-413A-9936-DC92454B5464.jpeg
Mine too…Not EA, but my regular SNKRS release came in today. It was the worst of my 3 pair. The other two from DTLR and JD were from LN3 and damn near perfect. This let’s say “less than perfect” SNKRS pair was from LN4. I usually exit a thread during micro -inspection QC phase but you guys may be on to something 🤷🏾‍♂️:lol:

A8F5CD7F-8211-413A-9936-DC92454B5464.jpeg
Mine too…Not EA, but my regular SNKRS release came in today. It was the worst of my 3 pair. The other two from DTLR and JD were from LN3 and damn near perfect. This let’s say “less than perfect” SNKRS pair was from LN4. I usually exit a thread during micro -inspection QC phase but you guys may be on to something 🤷🏾‍♂️:lol:

Dang, another LN4 (12-01-21 / 02-14-22)! The shipping box was perfectly fine and that is why this came as a surprise. We have awaited this release and then the EA delayed shipping added to this being the first thing I saw upon opening :ohwell:

Nike Chat did offer a lending ear...

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 10.05.33 PM.png

People out here thinking a single pair of shoes shouldn't look the same. :rofl:

If you look at your pair of shoes and you can see obvious differences, then there's a problem with your shoes.
Dude, what are you talking about? I have loads of shoes where, if you really look, you can plainly see slight differences between the left and right shoes. And I have multiples of many shoes where you can see differences between every shoe in the set. If I came over to your house, I guarantee I could show you little differences in your shoes, too. But that's the key: Most of them are small enough that you really have to look at them with an eye for spotting these differences to really notice.
Similarly, most of the differences people are pointing out on pairs in this thread are pretty minor, and they're just part of the random aspect of the large amount of materials Nike sources for this stuff. That's why some pairs have more tumble than others, why some EP looks thin and some looks thick, etc etc. We discuss them for fun and entertainment, really, but the vast majority of what I've seen in here doesn't really qualify as something being "wrong" with the shoes.

Dude, what are you talking about? I have loads of shoes where, if you really look, you can plainly see slight differences between the left and right shoes. And I have multiples of many shoes where you can see differences between every shoe in the set. If I came over to your house, I guarantee I could show you little differences in your shoes, too. But that's the key: Most of them are small enough that you really have to look at them with an eye for spotting these differences to really notice.
Similarly, most of the differences people are pointing out on pairs in this thread are pretty minor, and they're just part of the random aspect of the large amount of materials Nike sources for this stuff. That's why some pairs have more tumble than others, why some EP looks thin and some looks thick, etc etc. We discuss them for fun and entertainment, really, but the vast majority of what I've seen in here doesn't really qualify as something being "wrong" with the shoes.
Exactly.

Some of you might not care about quality, but I do! Especially if I’m paying over $200 for a pair of shoes💯. If I had a choice, I would want an EU pair, that’s all I’m saying.

Back
Top Bottom