Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Toebox is creasing really weird on them, oh well
IMG_3450.jpg

It seems as though those who purchased pairs well after the release date through "restocks" have a higher chance of receiving pairs with "flaws" because these are probably a lot of the returned pairs after those who originally bought them mixed N match and returned the less desirable left and/or right shoe

I purchased a pair from Shiekh after they restocked on 9/15. It hasn't shipped yet cause they told me they have to source the pair from one of their stores and they're waiting for the pair to arrive at their warehouse before they ship it to me.

I expect to receive a "flawed" pair just like the one I got from the Hibbett restock which were slightly used with dirty outsoles when I received them.

Imagine taking these outside for the first time and stepping in a big pile of white dog crap.

…I’d probably kill myself.
This happened to me once when I was a kid albeit not while wearing Jordan's. I think it was like around 06/07 but I got a brand new pair of white AF1s from famous footwear that had this cool white and wolf grey checkboard pattern on the toebox IIRC and other grey accents, and it was the coolest thing ever to me. I wore those shoes to my cousins house, and said cousins had neighbors that we also played with as well. The neighbors also had a little pomeranian that they'd let scurry all around their backyard and poop anywhere it pleased without bothering to clean up after it so as you'd expect, on my first day owning the shoes, I ended up stepping in a wad of ****. I remember desperately trying to clean them afterwards but yeah. Didn't kill myself but I did have some very negative intrusive thoughts about the owners and their dog boiling over in my head.

This happened to me once when I was a kid albeit not while wearing Jordan's. I think it was like around 06/07 but I got a brand new pair of white AF1s from famous footwear that had this cool white and wolf grey checkboard pattern on the toebox IIRC and other grey accents, and it was the coolest thing ever to me. I wore those shoes to my cousins house, and said cousins had neighbors that we also played with as well. The neighbors also had a little pomeranian that they'd let scurry all around their backyard and poop anywhere it pleased without bothering to clean up after it so as you'd expect, on my first day owning the shoes, I ended up stepping in a wad of ****. I remember desperately trying to clean them afterwards but yeah. Didn't kill myself but I did have some very negative intrusive thoughts about the owners and their dog boiling over in my head.

I've got a potentially worse experience....A number of years ago not too long after the Jordan 4 Teals dropped I was dropping my kids off at school. Opened the door and stepped out into a completely run over rabbit...blood, intestines, and organs all over. For someone who gets irritated when there's a spec of dirt on my shoes, or someone steps on me, well, let's just say it was stressful. And I had to be cool in front of my kids b/c I don't want them being so obsessed with shoes as I am!

PTSD is real bruh.

Did you ever talk to someone about it?

You don’t want to hold that stuff inside.

…it‘s corrosive.

I've got a potentially worse experience....A number of years ago not too long after the Jordan 4 Teals dropped I was dropping my kids off at school. Opened the door and stepped out into a completely run over rabbit...blood, intestines, and organs all over. For someone who gets irritated when there's a spec of dirt on my shoes, or someone steps on me, well, let's just say it was stressful. And I had to be cool in front of my kids b/c I don't want them being so obsessed with shoes as I am!
You win bro, though I dunno if that's worth congratulating but you definitely won. If I stepped in somethin like that I'm either tossing em depending on price and how much it would cost resell wise to buy them back, or I'm hosing my shoes from afar and scrubbing the soles with a mix of hot water, dawn and bleach.

PTSD is real bruh.

Did you ever talk to someone about it?

You don’t want to hold that stuff inside.

…it‘s corrosive.
Talk to what? A therapist? I'm fine. I'm not gonna go crazy and pull some Patrick Bateman type crap I promise. :lol: If anything it just made me WAY more cautious wearing new shoes.

Lots of people post crease pictures and say they are bad quality because of it, like where else would the shoe bend at if not the toe? Forcefields make the shoe bend at the arch and can’t be good. Regardless, creasing is good because poor quality pleather will not crease, just bend upwards like those 2013 chicago 1s lol

Dude what are you talking about? I don't have loads of shoes that one can easily spot differences on. I'm sorry that most of your shoes aren't alike.

If a person can look at your shoes and see obviously differences, then that's a problem. And I'm not talking about a single stitch that's different.

Since we're in the fire red 3 thread we'll speak about those.

If the height, color, texture and leather on a single pair of fired red 3's is different.

That's a problem.

If it's expected and not an issue with you then that's cool. But most people expect their shoes to look the same.

It's weird that I have to explain this.

I think we're talking about two different things, differentiated by how large of a discrepancy there is between shoes. I sort through loads of shoes, buy and return multiples just to mix and match, and it's still often impossible to get two shoes that are exactly the same. But I'm probably talking about things you'd never see or notice, and you're talking about major differences like one shoe being tumbled and the other one not being tumbled, or looking absolutely completely different. If that's the case, I agree, which is why I go through the trouble I go through in the first place.

I agree that some shoes crease ugly, usually b/c of ****** materials. With decent to good leather, I love when my shoes are actually worn in. This is hard due to the number of shoes in my collection, but when they do, they're more comfortable, and give them character. I just can't get onboard with the modern day talk of people not wanting their shoes to crease; I just don't get it. If people want to sell as VNDS, whatever, at least that makes some sense. I wear and enjoy my shoes, and appreciate when I've worn them enough for them to crease nicely where my freak'n foot bends.

Can you imagine if shirt collectors were to get upset when their shirts crease at the elbow.....Just so pathetic.

To best prep for a "good"crease, I've adapted the 3 finger method of pre-creasing at the toe box- take 3 fingers press at the bend of the shoe and go ahead and flex. It works well enough to at least ensure the creases are somewhat straight across as opposed to all over the place. oh the crazy ish we do

Back
Top Bottom