Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Keep it a bean wit you I ain’t even pulled them out the box since last week. Let alone pull out the insole and start feeling poly urethanes. :smh:

Next time they come out I’m likely puttin ‘em to my feet and enjoying them.

End of the day these are a top tier OG recreation, as good as we can reasonably expect a GR to be for JB’s current climate. I suggest everyone in here enjoy ‘em.

We bout to go step on pavement and use dirty mens bathrooms in these things. 30% of y’all gonna step in dog doo doo at some point while wearing these.

Y’all starting to do too much in here. Everybody was so happy in here a week ago. Put the microscopes down. Enjoy wearing/beating up your shoes.
Totally agree. In fairness, though, sometimes the "problem" on here is that different people take what is said differently than others do. The problem with texts to your friends, emails, posts on forums, etc. is that it's often difficult to discern tone in the messages. I talk a lot on NT about OG details and nit-picky stuff, including in this thread. But that doesn't mean I'm really that bent about all of it, and I definitely LOVE this release. Sometimes I DO find a retro to be bad enough that I don't buy it. But I also happen to find enjoyment and entertainment discussing the minutiae with my fellow enthusiasts, and pointing out what could be better--even on retros I still give a big thumbs up to. The two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. I suspect the same applies to a large percentage of the "complainers" in here, too.

Totally agree. In fairness, though, sometimes the "problem" on here is that different people take what is said differently than others do. The problem with texts to your friends, emails, posts on forums, etc. is that it's often difficult to discern tone in the messages. I talk a lot on NT about OG details and nit-picky stuff, including in this thread. But that doesn't mean I'm really that bent about all of it, and I definitely LOVE this release. Sometimes I DO find a retro to be bad enough that I don't buy it. But I also happen to find enjoyment and entertainment discussing the minutiae with my fellow enthusiasts, and pointing out what could be better--even on retros I still give a big thumbs up to. The two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. I suspect the same applies to a large percentage of the "complainers" in here, too.
Facts. Pointing out differences doesn’t make someone a “complainer”.

I’m not gonna complain if I owned a Mercedes S-Class of any sort, but if I had a choice, I would prefer a Maybach 680 any day over a 580.

Last edited:
Just got shipping notification from snkrs. Coming via fedex. Don't know if i should be elated or worried seeing as some of yall been saying that the pairs from snkrs has been looking dusty compared to other retailers.

Dude, what are you talking about? I have loads of shoes where, if you really look, you can plainly see slight differences between the left and right shoes. And I have multiples of many shoes where you can see differences between every shoe in the set. If I came over to your house, I guarantee I could show you little differences in your shoes, too. But that's the key: Most of them are small enough that you really have to look at them with an eye for spotting these differences to really notice.
Similarly, most of the differences people are pointing out on pairs in this thread are pretty minor, and they're just part of the random aspect of the large amount of materials Nike sources for this stuff. That's why some pairs have more tumble than others, why some EP looks thin and some looks thick, etc etc. We discuss them for fun and entertainment, really, but the vast majority of what I've seen in here doesn't really qualify as something being "wrong" with the shoes.

Dude what are you talking about? I don't have loads of shoes that one can easily spot differences on. I'm sorry that most of your shoes aren't alike.

If a person can look at your shoes and see obviously differences, then that's a problem. And I'm not talking about a single stitch that's different.

Since we're in the fire red 3 thread we'll speak about those.

If the height, color, texture and leather on a single pair of fired red 3's is different.

That's a problem.

If it's expected and not an issue with you then that's cool. But most people expect their shoes to look the same.

It's weird that I have to explain this.

Anyone think these feel more substantial than your typical JB retro?

In any event these have become my everyday / everywhere shoe. Curious how long they last and stay comfortable on feet.

We bout to go step on pavement and use dirty mens bathrooms in these things. 30% of y’all gonna step in dog doo doo at some point while wearing these.

Y’all starting to do too much in here. Everybody was so happy in here a week ago. Put the microscopes down. Enjoy wearing/beating up your shoes.
Imagine taking these outside for the first time and stepping in a big pile of white dog crap.

…I’d probably kill myself.

Me and the little guy

20220920_202115.jpg

Dude, what are you talking about? I have loads of shoes where, if you really look, you can plainly see slight differences between the left and right shoes. And I have multiples of many shoes where you can see differences between every shoe in the set. If I came over to your house, I guarantee I could show you little differences in your shoes, too. But that's the key: Most of them are small enough that you really have to look at them with an eye for spotting these differences to really notice.
Similarly, most of the differences people are pointing out on pairs in this thread are pretty minor, and they're just part of the random aspect of the large amount of materials Nike sources for this stuff. That's why some pairs have more tumble than others, why some EP looks thin and some looks thick, etc etc. We discuss them for fun and entertainment, really, but the vast majority of what I've seen in here doesn't really qualify as something being "wrong" with the shoes.

I hate to do it but our fellow members shoes should look the same and not like this.

1663765574321.jpeg

If he' happy then I'm happy but one shouldn't notice a difference glancing at the shoes.

As I stated before, the materials used for the 3's are a big factor but certain aspects of the shoes should look identical.

My SNKRS pair comes in today. That will determine if I need a 3rd. The Hibbetts pair I got wasn't all that great compared to some of the ones I seen posted in here but I'm not complaining, still keeping them.

Back
Top Bottom