Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Some of you just don't quit

1668900926483.gif

Trust me I hear you but I rarely buy shoes directly from Nike or any retailer. I was lucky enough to get a pair of 3's fromSNKRS but I also bought them from another retailer at the same time I was trying to get them from SNKRS.

Because I wasn't expecting to get them from SNKRS.

So with the other place, I paid tax and shipping and it came out to be I think $235.

That's close to resellers prices so it's not that big of a deal to pay resell.

Honestly I get most of my shoes from eBay so I'm used to paying resell\aftermarket prices anyway.

I usually don't pay over retail so I guess we can call it aftermarket prices since resell is usually referred to as paying more than retail.

If I relied on buying shoes directly from retailers I would have waaaaay fewer shoes!

But that might be a good thing.

1668900614029.gif
It’s the great irony of Nike indirectly creating this bot-gobbling, reselling aftermarket.

I spend way less money on shoes than I would if I could buy anything I wanted for retail.

…even though I‘ve spent big money for a few pairs on eBay.

Yall would have hated the late 80s, early 90s then cause everyone wore hand tags on their shoes. I don't do it now but it doesn't bother me when I see others do it
Yeah, these weird rules are strange. The tag comes with the shoe, on the shoe, and I stress again......the shoe that YOU paid for. Wear it as you see fit. It's not like you're wearing a price tag or a size tag. I remember here in Detroit it was a thing to keep the Starter tag on your Starter jacket. I was a pup and we were broke but I remember seeing my uncles and the d boys and the "cool kids" rocking them like that AS WELL AS rocking tags on their Jordans Adidas and Nikes. Not everyone but enough for me to remember. In like 2007 through 201 when I was younger and could finally afford to buy my own kicks at least on disco I'd occasionally wear my tag if the nostalgia hit right. OGs would give me props. Girls with style would appreciate the throwback nod and club girls who didn't wear coats to stand in line at the club in February and ended up walking back to their car barefoot and drunk and sometimes 😂 thought it was corny🤷🏿‍♂️. Same with the frat boys and style blog copy cats who were doing their best late 00s menswear impression with khakis and Sperry's who thought "sneakers were over". I don't do it anymore but, if I put the right fit together I wouldn't hesitate to throw the size tag on if I felt like it made sense, knowing most people won't get it. Short story long, wear what you like. Some people will get it, some people will think you look like an idiot. We all likely have enough sneakers in our closet to make the average person think we have a serious problem. So why throw stones 🤷🏿‍♂️?

Yeah, since the A La Maniere AJ3 I've been curious about if the GR AJ3s would work a half size down and they fit great and crease better. My size 11s are for the all day wears

Are we the same person?! My A La Maniere’s are size 11 and I wish I would’ve gotten a 10.5 but can’t complain since I got them for retail. We had the same thought for the Fire Reds haha. Size 11 are my daily drivers but I love how the 10.5’s don’t crease. Not sure I can wear them all day though. 11’s are perfect for Michigan winters when I need a thicker sock

Are we the same person?! My A La Maniere’s are size 11 and I wish I would’ve gotten a 10.5 but can’t complain since I got them for retail. We had the same thought for the Fire Reds haha. Size 11 are my daily drivers but I love how the 10.5’s don’t crease. Not sure I can wear them all day though. 11’s are perfect for Michigan winters when I need a thicker sock

Buy some boots mayne

I think we are the same person lol. That's the exact reason why I go a half size up for certain sneakers that I plan to still wear in these nasty Michigan winters when it's cold out but not super slushy or snowy. Just have to clean after every wear and watch for the salt.

I've started seeing this more and more at the school I teach at. Nike Air tags are whatever. We definitely did that back in the day. StockX tags are a whole other level of cringe.
Yeah, that may have me looking like a hypocrite but I think the stock x tags are weird. With the Nike tag it at least looks cool. Which is also ironic because people will call a release a miss if the AJ3 looked the same but didn't come with the hangtag ("I won't wear it, but it better be there!"🤷🏿‍♂️). But with the stoclx tag it doesn't look cool or have any nostalgia cues. It just supposedly indicates that you paid resell and authenticity, which the brand doesn't even stand by these days. And a hang tag is probably the EASIEST thing to fake next to mybe shoe strings so StockX tag means nothing. It's especially weird to see it on a GR shoe that is going for barely over or less than retail. What point does that flex?🤷🏿‍♂️

Buy some boots mayne
Please believe, every Michigander has boots lol. And many Michigan sneaker heads probably have at least one pair of sneakers boots. But No sneaker head no where is wearing boots for 5-7 months and keeping ALL their sneakers on ice especially with sneakers companies still dropping heat during the winter. It ain't gonna happen and you know it lol. In Michigan, winter weather (ice/sleet/slush/snow) can start as early as late October and as late as the first couple weeks of February. It can end as early as late March and as late as early May. That's a long time to must stare at your kicks 😂. If the ground is dry and it isn't bitter cold, I will at least consider breaking a pair of sneakers out. Especially if they aren't suede. And Michigan isn't a big public transit/walkable state. So if it's not too bad out you're not spending a crazy amount of time in the streets in the elements unless your walking one of the downtown areas or you're a school/college kid. Every Michigander and for sure Michigan sneaker heads each have their go to winter resistant sneakers. Mine are/were Yeezy's and pretty much any Jordan besides 6s, 8s, 10s and 13s.

Please believe, every Michigander has boots lol. And many Michigan sneaker heads probably have at least one pair of sneakers boots. But No sneaker head no where is wearing boots for 5-7 months and keeping ALL their sneakers on ice especially with sneakers companies still dropping heat during the winter. It ain't gonna happen and you know it lol. In Michigan, winter weather (ice/sleet/slush/snow) can start as early as late October and as late as the first couple weeks of February. It can end as early as late March and as late as early May. That's a long time to must stare at your kicks 😂. If the ground is dry and it isn't bitter cold, I will at least consider breaking a pair of sneakers out. Especially if they aren't suede. And Michigan isn't a big public transit/walkable state. So if it's not too bad out you're not spending a crazy amount of time in the streets in the elements unless your walking one of the downtown areas or you're a school/college kid. Every Michigander and for sure Michigan sneaker heads each have their go to winter resistant sneakers. Mine are/were Yeezy's and pretty much any Jordan besides 6s, 8s, 10s and 13s.
Whatever scUM. Go bucks! :emoji_relieved:

Back
Top Bottom