Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Bro why you expecting to die in the next 10-20 years? :lol:

:rofl:
6pac 6pac it’s a running joke because we’re now 40-something and with the long gaps between releases we’ve seen for certain colorways—like these—we always say we’re buying and/or loading up on pairs because this could be our last hurrah with a new pair before we’re truly old for real LOL
It’s why I bought seven pairs of black/red IEs :rofl:

:rofl:
6pac 6pac it’s a running joke because we’re now 40-something and with the long gaps between releases we’ve seen for certain colorways—like these—we always say we’re buying and/or loading up on pairs because this could be our last hurrah with a new pair before we’re truly old for real LOL
It’s why I bought seven pairs of black/red IEs :rofl:
I feel this in a way, being that I myself just turned 44 a couple months ago. 7 pairs of bred IE’s? Lol damn. I’m good with my 2 pairs but sometimes I get tempted to buy a 4th pair of the regular playoff 11’s.

I feel this in a way, being that I myself just turned 44 a couple months ago. 7 pairs of bred IE’s? Lol damn. I’m good with my 2 pairs but sometimes I get tempted to buy a 4th pair of the regular playoff 11’s.

LOL I waited more than 25 years for those to come back around in the true OG style. One of my all-time favorites despite practically no one caring about them. Already have beat one pair pretty good, and the prices got so low, I just kept buying pairs. Zero regrets.

I don’t know about some of these guys who complains about the shade of Red and the the elephant print being too light.
Its the closest to OGs I’ve seen so far! Better than those so called AJ 1 “Reimagine”

Gotta shed some light for y’all again…
2271ACD9-62E8-4554-A7D7-4FCABB718774.jpeg
CC1F0E3E-7016-4A64-8664-3B2462058503.jpeg
A2CE35CF-74DD-49A2-B02E-2083305833A1.jpeg
5ECFA768-E83E-4C35-869A-741E1C189E67.jpeg

Besides the height difference at the toe, one of the biggest issues that JB has yet to fix is the thickness of the elephant print lines. If they'd just make them thinner and instead use extra lines to fill in the negative space a bit more, it would really make the elephant print on the current pair look a lot better. Not bad though. I'm glad that by today's JB standards, these were done well.

Yea these are well done. Not a perfect retro, but solid overall. The elephant print on the toe is still too high but it’s not as bad as say the 18’ BC 3. Shade of red looks pretty good.

Besides the height difference at the toe, one of the biggest issues that JB has yet to fix is the thickness of the elephant print lines. If they'd just make them thinner and instead use extra lines to fill in the negative space a bit more, it would really make the elephant print on the current pair look a lot better. Not bad though. I'm glad that by today's JB standards, these were done well.
Yea these are well done. Not a perfect retro, but solid overall. The elephant print on the toe is still too high but it’s not as bad as say the 18’ BC 3. Shade of red looks pretty good.

This is what I find so frustrating. OK, if they don’t care to go to the same kind of effort Nike made two years ago really re-doing the Air Max 90/III as far as really getting the shape and **** super close, fine. But it would be super easy to correct the thick lines and height of the EP. Those are such simple specs that don’t require an entire re-do of the mold/last the entire shoe is built on. I’m totally in on these because it’s my only choice, but damn. I don’t need 1:1 perfection (though I really wish we could get it). But they’re so close to being so close, why they refuse to at least get the EP correct blows my mind.

This is what I find so frustrating. OK, if they don’t care to go to the same kind of effort Nike made two years ago really re-doing the Air Max 90/III as far as really getting the shape and **** super close, fine. But it would be super easy to correct the thick lines and height of the EP. Those are such simple specs that don’t require an entire re-do of the mold/last the entire shoe is built on. I’m totally in on these because it’s my only choice, but damn. I don’t need 1:1 perfection (though I really wish we could get it). But they’re so close to being so close, why they refuse to at least get the EP correct blows my mind.
In another 10 years, they’ll get the elephant print right, but then **** up the toebox. On purpose

I 100% agree with you. 👍

In another 10 years, they’ll get the elephant print right, but then **** up the toebox. On purpose
What’s messed up is they release them so many years later from the last release that even IF they made them 1:1 people would still want a fresh pair. It’s crazy.

Back
Top Bottom