Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

I like the elephant print too... maybe its just me but I'm not a fan of the low cut elephant print on the OG's

I don’t think Nike/JB will ever give us that lil strip of elephant print.

Honesty, elephant is what makes the 3s and I’m fine with what we have now on these fire red 3. As long as it look neatly and not overly done like the retro before

I think these look great. As for the thickness of the lines on the elephant print, I dont think the version with the thin lines will ever be used again and will be too expensive to reproduce. This elephant print is used across every nike model.

Well, it’s my favorite 3 and I will be dead the next time these release. Since they did a respectable job, as many as I can get my grubby little hands on. :lol:

Coincidentally, or maybe not since we are cut from the same cloth, these are also my favorite 3s.

Hands-down, I have vivid memories of seeing another kid in middle school with these on.

I think these look great. As for the thickness of the lines on the elephant print, I dont think the version with the thin lines will ever be used again and will be too expensive to reproduce. This elephant print is used across every nike model.
How is it too expensive to reproduce lol. It’s just a sheet of cardboard that they stamp the print on

These look like a hit to me boys!! Honestly I’m perfectly content with the construction of the 3s now.. Anything post red-cements I have basically no issues with. Ya maybe the toe elephant print is still taller, but I think it’s about perfect. Beats the hell out of the 2018 black cements.

The 1988s toe EP was ALL OVER THE PLACE, and some of them are too low IMO on the OG. The only thing i’d like to see is a side by side comparison of the ankle height with the OG. I feel like the 88s look a little taller, but it’s hard to tell.

How is it too expensive to reproduce lol. It’s just a sheet of cardboard that they stamp the print on
Nike doesn't produce the elephant print material themselves, the factory sources it for them and purchases it based on whats currently on the market. It's like how the original durabuck used on 4s and 5s can't be used anymore since the company that produced it went out of business.

Should I bring up how much I like the new shape of 3s compared to the OGs again?
Brace yourself... They're coming brother.

giphy (37).gif

Finally the red is the actual deeper fire hue as opposed to the terrible neon sherbet red they started using in 2006.

And dude the 2006 release was awful all around. Ya wore em once the midsoles cracked, the shape was wonky, the paint all over was chintzy high gloss as opposed to deep matte finish, the tongue back then still was rocking the lack of the material tuck. The midsoles were bricks, the materials were comedically bad, the pitch black rock hard elephant print was vomit inducing, and the jumpman air wasn’t doin them any favors.

I sold all my 06 pairs pretty much the moment they hit the hands.

These look like a hit to me boys!! Honestly I’m perfectly content with the construction of the 3s now.. Anything post red-cements I have basically no issues with. Ya maybe the toe elephant print is still taller, but I think it’s about perfect. Beats the hell out of the 2018 black cements.

The 1988s toe EP was ALL OVER THE PLACE, and some of them are too low IMO on the OG. The only thing i’d like to see is a side by side comparison of the ankle height with the OG. I feel like the 88s look a little taller, but it’s hard to tell.

This. All day, this. Even in that OG catalog scan on the last page, every single colorway showed a different height on the toes. Not only was the height all over the place, but it was sewn on super wonky and crooked on a ton of the pairs. In that YouTube video with the guy with the weird little kid voice, at least one of his pairs it's super low to the point where you can barely notice it. I'm good with where they have it on this current mold. It's still lower than anything we've gotten, and still enough to stick out as a major design cue.

Get 1 pair of Dark Irises & 2 pairs of Fire Reds! I need more 3's in my collection! So excited for these! The double up is necessary.

Yeah, I'm good with these. I think collar height is not perfect, but the rest is perfectly fine. I also agree that the OG EP was very inconsistent, with it looking anemic in many pics. Hope I can get a pair of these.

Back
Top Bottom