Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

I love my fire red retros. Don’t actually know when they came out but I know I’ve worn them a lot.

No chips. Don’t know what these other people are doing

7E2F22C0-5907-44ED-B3C6-73AACE5F21F3.jpeg

Definitely the 2013 pair

CDP shoes 6/7/12/13/14/16/17/19/21
were all good drops.
6s bled pretty badly, had horrible leather and yellowed super fast, couldn’t clean them well due to bleeding.
7s bad shape, caught heel drag fast and materials were trash
12s were cool but creased badly and paint chipped after 3 wears, it would rub right off.
13s were good but had bad drag quickly.
16s yellowed super fast and had paper thin patent leather.

Everything else named didn’t rate due to them being ehh colorways.

6s bled pretty badly, had horrible leather and yellowed super fast, couldn’t clean them well due to bleeding.
7s bad shape, caught heel drag fast and materials were trash
12s were cool but creased badly and paint chipped after 3 wears, it would rub right off.
13s were good but had bad drag quickly.
16s yellowed super fast and had paper thin patent leather.

Everything else named didn’t rate due to them being ehh colorways.
Where’d the 6’s bleed

Don’t people rave about the quality of 2009 Shadows and 2011 Banned 1s? I swear people put those releases on such a pedestal (although obviously nowhere near as much as SBBs lol)
That’s 2 out of a 8 year stretch. Even Nike had to drop those banneds at outlets because they messed up dates lol. Not to mention 1s didn’t have the craziest pull back then. It was all about Lebrons and foams around then. Those 2009 shadows caught hate due to being mids and having a suede toe box over a leather 1.

Last edited:
I enjoyed all of the shoes I named. I had none of those issues you claimed. The Carmine 6 from the pack are much better than the any that released after it. Same with the 7. **** the newer 7s shape are garbage.
To be honest 2014 carmines rated better than cdp’s to me, even 2014 infrareds rated higher than the 2009-10 infrareds/varsity reds in terms of shape, reflective materials and nubuck.

That’s 2 out of a 8 year stretch. Even Nike had to drop those banneds at outlets because they messed up dates lol. Not to mention 1s didn’t have the craziest pull back then. It was all about Lebrons and foams around then. Those 2009 shadows caught hate due to being mids and having a suede toe box over a leather 1.

The shadows weren't mids

I wonder why stuff sat this badly back then. This discounts back then we’re insane lol

Yeezy jumped over the Jumpman at this point so hypebeasts and kids with their mom's credit card weren't into elderly Jordans. This time was amazing if you were in it and sticking with the classics. Most of the releases were so attainable and resell wasn't too outlandish either. Also there was no StockX & GOAT giving you market data where people were dictating the price by ways of recent sales and then buying up sneakers en masse. Sneakers weren't quite mainstream yet, just on the cusp. I miss it lol

Yeezy jumped over the Jumpman at this point so hypebeasts and kids with their mom's credit card weren't into elderly Jordans. This time was amazing if you were in it and sticking with the classics. Most of the releases were so attainable and resell wasn't too outlandish either. Also there was no StockX & GOAT giving you market data where people were dictating the price by ways of recent sales and then buying up sneakers en masse. Sneakers weren't quite mainstream yet, just on the cusp. I miss it lol
Yeezys were insanely difficult to attain at that point though so I seriously doubt that’s the reason.

You’re right about StockX though but I also think Nike/JB produced retros in higher qualities per release.

Back
Top Bottom