Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Don’t hurt him Hammer, shout out to my man Stanley Burrell
1657611391118.gif

I hope you're being sarcastic. The EP is very close to the OGs.
Lol remember when the 2015 Bord 7s and Aqua 8s came out? People had grown accustomed to the previous butchered retros JB had been pumping out of those shoes that some didn’t like the designs of the glitter on the Aquas and the darker midsole on the Bords that were actually closer in design to the OG releases :lol:

Every retro has a design flaw in one way or another. For some, there is a point where it can be excepted and for others not so much. If you purchased 2018 Black Cements, I can’t see why these would be any different.

I skipped the early 2010s 3 retros except for true blues and white cements. I didn’t have those colorways so I excepted them. Now I wouldn’t, but still have them and wear them. Either you except or move on, but I can understand the frustration that this company brings with there one step forward, two steps back foolishness.

For the record - these look phenomenal lol

Not sure why everyone is going on a rant on this page but if it’s at me just know it’s misinformed.

Only thing I stated was a half serious comment about “getting used to” the lighter shade of EP on these because the only real life handling of this colorway I have is from my 07 pair. Which I loved. So seeing them with the accurate EP is new to my eyes and is taking some adjusting. (In a good way)

Obviously I’m excited these resemble the OG’s more accurately than the 07 pair.

For the record - these look phenomenal lol

Not sure why everyone is going on a rant on this page but if it’s at me just know it’s misinformed.

Only thing I stated was a half serious comment about “getting used to” the lighter shade of EP on these because the only real life handling of this colorway I have is from my 07 pair. Which I loved. So seeing them with the accurate EP is new to my eyes and is taking some adjusting. (In a good way)

Obviously I’m excited these resemble the OG’s more accurately than the 07 pair.
While I agree with you, there is no excuse for mass produced fakes to be of higher quality than the retail products.

This is nothing new, or just related to Jordan retros-hell, look at how poor quality the retail Panda Dunks are.

There's no excuse for jB to be at least 96-98% accurate to OGs. There's pairs floating around of OGs that aim sire if they wanted collectors would sell/donate them so they can get the measurements right.

I'm also not buying their bs story of we lost the molds and blueprints. A multimillion dollar company lost their designs for their most profitable shoe for their most profitable? As stone cold would say, THATS BS!

When you have repmakers doing a better job with materials, shape, and QC than you're doing, and have customizers BUILD a more accurate 85 mold than you have (mercurymfg) than they really don't give a damn and only care about the money.

From a company that is a global juggernaut and sets the market, they should still be focused on producing the best quality product out and not just a brand name. Although that's what it is and will continue to be, that wasn't the og Nike vision when they were getting shoes from that Japanese tiger company.

That's just unacceptable from a consumer POV.

There's no excuse for jB to be at least 96-98% accurate to OGs. There's pairs floating around of OGs that aim sire if they wanted collectors would sell/donate them so they can get the measurements right.

I'm also not buying their bs story of we lost the molds and blueprints. A multimillion dollar company lost their designs for their most profitable shoe for their most profitable? As stone cold would say, THATS BS!

When you have repmakers doing a better job with materials, shape, and QC than you're doing, and have customizers BUILD a more accurate 85 mold than you have (mercurymfg) than they really don't give a damn and only care about the money.

From a company that is a global juggernaut and sets the market, they should still be focused on producing the best quality product out and not just a brand name. Although that's what it is and will continue to be, that wasn't the og Nike vision when they were getting shoes from that Japanese tiger company.

That's just unacceptable from a consumer POV.
They can replicate them. They won’t. They don’t need to. :lol:

Most heads buy close resemblance or “they got all this right and threw faux aged leather on it.. but I’m in cause it’s *insert colorway* “

Just facts tbh

They can replicate them. They won’t. They don’t need to. :lol:

Most heads buy close resemblance or “they got all this right and threw faux aged leather on it.. but I’m in cause it’s *insert colorway* “

Just facts tbh
I mean they have improved their products when enough people complained and they were trying to increase prices like they did with the 2015 “remastered” program rollout. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Nike is scared of New Balance falling into so much favor with Zoomers and are in the middle of a big lawsuit with StockX over reselling (since many fakes are getting insanely good now). They need to protect their brand value and have to market better/improved products over time, which includes retros. It’s annoying to all of us because this is completely self-imposed by Nike/JB since the OG products from the 1980s and 1990s are almost always far better quality than the retros they sell today and us sneaker enthusiasts know that this is completely intentional, which is maddening lol

I understand it's just as much as our faults for buying but we love the player and we have memories and nostalgia tied to the shoes. Plus they look stylish. That still doesn't excuse them. If you want to be the best like they say that put out the best product. Not QC issued pairs like we've been getting. And I understand things change over time, and business and shareholders and making a profit and yadda yadda, but if you gonna raise prices due to "inflation" or "catching up with the resell market" and you want to charge a premium price, better come with a premium product. And that's all I gotta say about that.

A case of don't forget where you came from and who made you. Also don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I was gonna type that but I was driving to get some chicken baby! 😂

I understand it's just as much as our faults for buying but we love the player and we have memories and nostalgia tied to the shoes. Plus they look stylish. That still doesn't excuse them. If you want to be the best like they say that put out the best product. Not QC issued pairs like we've been getting. And I understand things change over time, and business and shareholders and making a profit and yadda yadda, but if you gonna raise prices due to "inflation" or "catching up with the resell market" and you want to charge a premium price, better come with a premium product. And that's all I gotta say about that.

A case of don't forget where you came from and who made you. Also don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I was gonna type that but I was driving to get some chicken baby! 😂
What kind of chicken?

Back
Top Bottom