Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Wow, the 2022 retros look great compared to the 2030 "Reimagined" pair...

6t4wq3.jpg

Joking aside, this retro really seems spot-on! Reminds me of the Infrared Air Max 90s and how well they did that retro. Love it!

Last edited:
So, I’ve always gone down half a size (size 9)for my 3s, but I tried on my black/pine green 3s, and then tried on my cousin’s Dark Iris 3s that happen to be in my usual size (size 9.5), and wouldn’t you know - I do think I may be TTS in these after all. Can anyone who owns the Dark Iris 3s and Fire Red 3s confirm if they fit the same? I just ordered a 9.5 off Footlocker.ca. Thank the shoe gods these are sitting. Lol

I thought for sure you had already doubled on these haha. If you just stumbled onto another pair in the wild, I don't blame you at all. Would've been hard for me to not grab another in that scenario.
Once I scored a W from FTL for Saturday (the only W I managed from several raffle entries), I was gonna be fine with just the one and wasn't going to chase another pair. But when I ended up back at the mall on Sunday and there was a pair available right there in front of me, I couldn't pass it up. It didn't help that I had my Saturday pair sitting out in the room Saturday night while I was watching TV etc ... the longer I kept looking at them, the more impressed with them I became, and thoughts of another pair started to creep in :lol:

Welp, upon further review ... I think I'm going to return this second pair I picked up at Champs yesterday. I quickly looked at them in the store but I was focused on the EP heights matching and the soles and heel tabs being straight and all the stitching being good (the usual things I check for). I completely overlooked the most obvious, weirdest thing: Both shoes of this pair, there's pretty much zero tumbled leather. Like, none. The entire uppers are smooth. It just looks ... not right LOL.

I was watching a video on youtube and this guy shows a wall of nikes and jordans and says "look at all these nikes and air jordans just sitting. what a shame."

Is this the new "sitting"?

Just because a shoe is on display doesnt mean its sitting.

I dont know how many times ive asked in the past 20 years about a shoe on display only to be told that that display shoe was the last pair they had left.

we gotta do better yall

It's human behavior; people want what they can't have. If it doesn't sell out with many/most taking Ls, people feel it's not desirable. That's fine with me. Only problem is if Nike sees it as a negative for brand equity, they may reduce prod'n next time, which is NOT good. These will sell, and Nike will make their money. Hopefully they sell thru quickly enough to not be deemed a drag on the brand.

I had tried to get these of the SNKRS app but couldn’t. My size was sold out. Tried getting them off StockX but couldn’t. Tried to get them off Kicks Crew and Flight Club but couldn’t. So I got them off of Goat. My order is being shipped to Goat for authentication. I’m staying on to of it.

I had tried to get these of the SNKRS app but couldn’t. My size was sold out. Tried getting them off StockX but couldn’t. Tried to get them off Kicks Crew and Flight Club but couldn’t. So I got them off of Goat. My order is being shipped to Goat for authentication. I’m staying on to of it.
I gotta ask...How is it that you struck out on StockX?

I was watching a video on youtube and this guy shows a wall of nikes and jordans and says "look at all these nikes and air jordans just sitting. what a shame."

Is this the new "sitting"?

Just because a shoe is on display doesnt mean its sitting.

I dont know how many times ive asked in the past 20 years about a shoe on display only to be told that that display shoe was the last pair they had left.

we gotta do better yall
If i had to put the 3 most annoying words in a sentence, it would sound like: Yall "Sleeping" on "Sitting" "Bricks" !!! Normal people buying normal product at a normal pace....they should "Sit". And who's sleeping? Everybody isn't going to like e every Jordan release. And when you find out a shoe isn't resell marketable to the masses it's a Brick???

I declare some of these folks have let sneaker youtube control their minds. Even to the point there like Zombies from "The Night of the Living Dead" because they have no "BRAINS"...

Has anyone who ordered at finish line with status access seen any movement on the shipping. I received a shipped email but the tracking says awaiting carrier pickup. I know it's only Monday but the reason I ask is because that same shipping status still shows up for the Panda dunks I ordered from them on 5/26 using exclusive access. I ended up calling and talking to a manager mid June and they said they would create a new order and then ship. They they went and cancelled that second order so I never got my dunks from them. Sorry for the long post.

Has anyone who ordered at finish line with status access seen any movement on the shipping. I received a shipped email but the tracking says awaiting carrier pickup. I know it's only Monday but the reason I ask is because that same shipping status still shows up for the Panda dunks I ordered from them on 5/26 using exclusive access. I ended up calling and talking to a manager mid June and they said they would create a new order and then ship. They they went and cancelled that second order so I never got my dunks from them. Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220912_154723.jpg
    Screenshot_20220912_154723.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 160
And this is why people should give JB more $h!# when they dont reproduce their "legacy" colorways close to OG specifications cause they definitely have the ability to

Black cements, I'm looking at you... it's like they f things up on purpose to keep you copping till they get it right or something, hmmm 🤔

That's exactly what they do. Once they give customers the 1:1 people just sextuple up and then the next time they drop in 8 years people still on pair number 3. Its trash but it has worked in the past, as its been "if the purist don't want it, somebody gonna buy it". Not so much the case anymore as interest in retros is decreasing year after year, and their core older audience has no problem passing on nonsense

All of a sudden the shapes getting better, materials getting better, and the quality on the “old head” models as well. Meanwhile they Frankensteining Chicago 1s, and butchering Fire Red 4s because they know they can get away with it regardless

That's exactly what they do. Once they give customers the 1:1 people just sextuple up and then the next time they drop in 8 years people still on pair number 3. Its trash but it has worked in the past, as its been "if the purist don't want it, somebody gonna buy it". Not so much the case anymore as interest in retros is decreasing year after year, and their core older audience has no problem passing on nonsense

All of a sudden the shapes getting better, materials getting better, and the quality on the “old head” models as well. Meanwhile they Frankensteining Chicago 1s, and butchering Fire Red 4s because they know they can get away with it regardless

Umm....Butchered? Nah. Leather was garbage, but left shoe shape was awesome (right toe box not so much). Overall shape isn't any better or worse than any other recent 4. But yes, they do need to do the FR3/AM90 "remaster" on the 4s!

Back
Top Bottom