Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

This. Sure it's supposedly better for your foot I guess (I've worn uncomfortable Js WITH the curled toebox) but it's still unnecessary on OG Jordans. I don't recall die hard Jordan wearers ever complaining about comfort on a grand scale before to warrant that big of a change. IMO they should leave the classic look and siloette of the OG molds alone for the most part. I don't see Converse or Vans curling their toeboxes.
Doesn't matter, most of the dudes out in the mall wearing Jordans don't know or care about the OG shape. Might as well make something that's better for you than a shape that only OG collectors (which at this point is the minority) care about.

Ya'll are smoking crack if you think Nike/JB changed the toe box because they suddenly care about your feet. The answer is probably something closer to its easier/cheaper to manufacture banana toes.

To suggest the 1991 toe injury had something to do with the banana retros is absurd. They were designated as lifestyle shoes by that point, why would they spend time 'improving' the toe box for walking and lounging around? Especially considering they went years after 1991 without curling it, while he was actually still playing hard in them. 

Just stop.

Last edited:
Ya'll are smoking crack if you think Nike/JB changed the toe box because they suddenly care about your feet. The answer is probably something closer to its easier/cheaper to manufacture banana toes.
it's cheaper for jb to raise the toe box and make it taller and wider? Didn't know it was cheaper to add more materials, or wait. .......
View media item 2097227

Last edited:
They shoulda dropped pre grapes with nike air since they came like that....returned my pair wasn't worth 205 I felt once in hand

I'd rather have this version of the grapes with the all black/metallic silver. First time they dropped these grapes since 2000

tumblr_n2x36jLxwM1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Honestly, I care less about the toe box than I do about things like an E with a totally wrong font size.
I'm glad someone agrees with me on this. The more I think about it and look at the pics thats exactly what happened. They highlighted it, but it kept catching the swoosh since its smaller than they're used to so after about 10 more tries they looked over their shoulder for the supervisor before they just said F it instead of taking a second to zoom in.

To suggest the 1991 toe injury had something to do with the banana retros is absurd. They were designated as lifestyle shoes by that point, why would they spend time 'improving' the toe box for walking and lounging around? Especially considering they went years after 1991 without curling it, while he was actually still playing hard in them. 

Just stop.
Jordan 4 pull tab was changed for the better too
/yourpoint

View media item 2097262
Was browsing youtube and came across some special called JORDANS PLAYGROUND...never seen before I know most of yall prolly have...man the ending LOLL!!!

You never saw that one? Aww, come on buddy, lol. No worries, I'm just messing with you. I'm guessing your a bit younger than me, lol. It's called Michael Jordan's Playground. About a kid who gets cut from the school team & is feeling down, and while shooting alone, Jordan appears (out of no where) to give him some encouragement.

THAT tape (VHS VCR tape for all you real young guys) was a staple for us older heads! I watched that SO MUCH growing up!!! Loved that tape!!! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:
it's cheaper for jb to raise the toe box and make it taller and wider? Didn't know it was cheaper to add more materials, or wait. .......
View media item 2097227

Its all about manufacturing process, they made shoes alot more by hands back then, now the process is almost mainly by machines. Of course the result will be more true to the sketch if done by hand. Just imagine how many more pairs they can make from the new production methods within a certain time limit , and way less ppl to hire to get the job done. Time is money

Its all about manufacturing process, they made shoes alot more by hands back then, now the process is almost mainly by machines. Of course the result will be more true to the sketch if done by hand. Just imagine how many more pairs they can make from the new production methods within a certain time limit , and way less ppl to hire to get the job done. Time is money
I'm guessing you didn't read jb's remaster statement

Well if you really believe they're gonna bring back the same production methods they had in 1990 you're on your own friendo
i don't believe that but i do believe some shape changes were made for improvement of comfort

Back
Top Bottom