Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Dude you got one pAir of shoes (lucky if it was a Jordan) and you wore those with EVERYTHING. For me, I had to work my **** off hauling mulch to earn shoes. Never owned a Jordan but got Omni Zone Pumps my 8th grade year, big ****. Funny hearing all you dudes complaining about squeaking, be thankfulnfor once. Squeaking usually occurs when there is friction, go run some laps #millenials.

I'm far from a millennial, and I don't think one should have to "go run some laps" in a brand new pair of shoes to eliminate a condition that shouldn't exist. You know nothing about my background or work ethic. My parents made me work for my stuff that I wanted. I started mowing lawns on our street at the age of 10 and the work expanded from there. From sports equipment to bikes, I EARNED every last dollar that was put towards the purchase of said items.

Bet.

If your shoes squeak really bad, spray a lil WD40 after removing the insole and let it dry. My CDP 10's (which were notorious for squeaking) never squeaked after that and multiple other shoes too. Seems crazy but it works

That is a really, really bad idea. WD-40 will destroy the midsole

can i make a return to nike and put a pair from a boutique in the box? The boutique has no refunds but the whole shoe is slanted

I don't think they'll check the date tbh should be safe either route. As long you got the cardboard insert, the lacelocks and the box from Nike you'll be good.

Last edited:
I'm far from a millennial, and I don't think one should have to "go run some laps" in a brand new pair of shoes to eliminate a condition that shouldn't exist. You know nothing about my background or work ethic. My parents made me work for my stuff that I wanted. I started mowing lawns on our street at the age of 10 and the work expanded from there. From sports equipment to bikes, I EARNED every last dollar that was put towards the purchase of said items.

Bet.
it's funny because whenever people disagree with people now a days, they try to blame it on their age. As if it's immature to not want to hear a creaking noise every time you take a step :rofl:

it's funny because whenever people disagree with people now a days, they try to blame it on their age.

Right. Without even knowing jack sheesh about the people they're calling "millennials" or noobz.

I once complained about the NIKe AIR embroidery before I found out it was going to be a relative non-issue. How old does that make me?

There are a lot of us out here who lived through the 80s-90s days of getting one semi nice pair of shoes a year, OR having to earn every penny and pay for it ourselves when we lusted after a pair of "next level" kicks like Jordans or Pumps. Thus, lots of us have learned to be grateful for the relative ease with which we can cop things at this point in our lives. I think growing up that way was a great exercise in learning appreciation and discouraging instant gratification.

To me, I don't see how describing and complaining in a sneaker forum about a sneaker quality issue, i.e. squeaking, correlates to being "ungrateful." Or is an indication whatsoever of one's age.

But that's just me.

Last edited:
but why???????? that wouldnt have even been resell prices after release

damn i feel bad for dude
I think he said he did it for a piece of mind knowing he didn't have to drive around for raffles, FCFS spots, etc.

Last edited:
I'm 38 so being annoyed at the squeaking has nothing to do with my age. It's paying $220 for a shoe I love and then having it mildly annoy me every time I take a step. If I was hooping in these, it wouldn't be an issue. But when I'm walking around Bottle King and the other customers look in my direction every time I take a step, it's something to complain about.

I think he said he did it for a piece of mind knowing he didn't have to drive around for raffles, FCFS spots, etc.
Sound logic, but was anyone anticipating it be an instant sellout, limited quantity impossible release? $350 shipped is nuts.

View media item 2117366
Those Pic of the Rockers wearing these Air Flight 90's Got me reminiscing....

These Dropped the same time as the OG 5's

People use to cut the little Foam stripe on the Flight 90's so all the Air Bubble showed

Because Air Bubble showing was everything in the 90's

'90 was my favorite year for sneakers, no question. Plus you had a bunch from '89 still hanging around, which was another all time great year.

Sound logic, but was anyone anticipating it be an instant sellout, limited quantity impossible release? $350 shipped is nuts.
Some did, some didn't.

A lot of people ate on this release and was even able to get them below retail.

I'm hoping to cop on discount later down the road, if it is still possible. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Last edited:

I can understand why some thought this would be an instant sellout. These are one of the most sought after Jordan retros of all-time.

Back
Top Bottom