Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Anyone know how the Nike+ app differs from SNKRS?  The new version lets you order in a similar fashion.  Aside from the extra customer service and event details, in terms of shopping, is it any better than SNKRS?

Here are a couple pics with my 2 favorite football jerseys, in a nod to the upcoming start to preseason. Football is back! Can't wait.

I also have the Bo Jackson jersey in white, but these look so much better with the black one. Kinda wish I had a black Gretzky Kings jersey also, because then the 3 ProStars would be accounted for, LOL.

Bo Jackson 1987 M&N Throwback sz 52, front (jersey is from 2004):

View media item 2121723

Bo Jackson 1987 M&N Throwback, back:

View media item 2121724

And to do the "brand matchy" thing, I have none other than one from the GOAT, Jerry Rice 2001 Nike Authentic sz 48, front:

View media item 2121725

Jerry Rice 2001 Nike Authentic, back:

View media item 2121727

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Durabuck Nike uses now is the same Durabuck used when they started retroing Jordan's back in 1999/2000? I had the black / infrared VI's and I played basketball in them across 3 years and they held up great. I'm just wondering if I can expect the same thing with these V's.

No. It's definitely not the same as the OG 1990 Durabuck. I also think it's a little different than the 2000 Durabuck. The 2016 Durabuck seems a *little* stiffer and sturdier to the touch than the 2000 version, suggesting it should be more durable over time.

No. It's definitely not the same as the OG 1990 Durabuck. I also think it's a little different than the 2000 Durabuck. The 2016 Durabuck seems a *little* stiffer and sturdier to the touch than the 2000 version, suggesting it should be more durable over time.

Thanks. I knew after 1998 Nike was no longer using the durabuck they had started to use in 1990 because the company they bought it from (The United States Shoe Corporation) stopped manufacturing it. Maybe now they have improved upon their own durabuck recipe.

Nice bro! Being black & metallic, these go with so much fresh stuff. Sort of like the chrome 8s, but having a much more classic design. This retro is really one of the best.

Co-sign. These work with pretty much anything.

In 1990 my favorite outfit was a neon pink Maui & Sons tee, neon green Gotcha! shorts, and either the black/metallics or the Hot Lava ATC IIs, topped off by a classic black Bulls cap.

That outfit would've made even Stevie Wonder scream out, "CHRIST that's loud!" LOL.

Thanks. I knew after 1998 Nike was no longer using the durabuck they had started to use in 1990 because the company they bought it from (The United States Shoe Corporation) stopped manufacturing it. Maybe now they have improved upon their own durabuck recipe.

That's what I'm thinking.

I wish they would've made the 2014 Infrared VI with this same material. Durabuck right?

Aside from OG 1 retros, I've kind off part ways on collecting Jordans. I feel for the most part, I've grown out of them. However, remastered OG colorway still find it's way to have me cop lol. Was not even planning on buying these at all pre-release but something got me calling around stores just this Monday and my local Champs had the one size left which is my sz10.5 :smokin . I Imagined this would've sold out on release day but I"m glad I was still able to cop 2 weeks later. Just waiting on True Blue 3's and Banned 1's and this year is a wrap!!!

I'll play along too
Rice 01 authentic
LL

Gretzky M&N
LL

Aside from OG 1 retros, I've kind off part ways on collecting Jordans. I feel for the most part, I've grown out of them. However, remastered OG colorway still find it's way to have me cop lol. Was not even planning on buying these at all pre-release but something got me calling around stores just this Monday and my local Champs had the one size left which is my sz10.5
smokin.gif
. I Imagined this would've sold out on release day but I"m glad I was still able to cop 2 weeks later. Just waiting on True Blue 3's and Banned 1's and this year is a wrap!!!
I recall seeing some retro Jordan's at Niketown back in '03, thinking: "Hey, I had those in highschool; I can't believe they're still selling these, and for the same price."  At that point I felt I had outgrown wearing them (clunky, not professional), and only shortly thereafter tossed my OG Aqua 8s that I didn't wear anymore.  A dozen years later and things have come full circle and I'm wearing these again...

Back
Top Bottom