Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I wasn't so fortunate on my second pair from NDC. The left shoe's Nike Air looks like Stevie Wonder lined it up; slanted and way off-centered. I might try to pickup a pair locally, and pull the ole switcheroo.

lolol stevie wonder. i love all the t shirts you guys posted but man I FEEL i may be too old to be rocking all them graphics on a t shirt.

I saw that t shirt at champs and i was about to cop till i saw that he had the white 5s. Is the jordan brand hinting to us that the white and red will come out soon?

no lie i was gonna walk out with like 5 of those nike t shirts, the one with the V and the lace lock on it that was dope but i had to kick myself in the butt and say you not 18 no more. or i might have to see someone rock it and then if it appeal to me how the fit went then i would consider. i just wish the jordan brand could stop puttting numbers infront of the cool graphics.

like it would be a cool graphic and then theyll stamp a big five in the front.

Last edited:
Can we see some lace-lock pics? I currently wear mine the way they came out the box, except I inverted the direction the laces going into the lock.
Would like to see other styles and see what looks good.

i love all the t shirts you guys posted but man I FEEL i may be too old to be rocking all them graphics on a t shirt.

Who cares how old you are? I'm 40 (shudder). But in less than the past week I've had dudes half my age stop me in the mall while I'm with my daughter and tell me a) how dope the 3 year old black Retro V shirt is, b) how dope my Raiders hat is, and c) how dope the Vs on my feet are.

I never worry how my Retro shirts or my occasional loud neon colors or my track suits might come across to strangers as being "young people clothes" on someone who's entering middle age. They're all part of MY style, and it's stuff I've always enjoyed wearing. If people don't like it or want to make fun of me, more power to 'em. Not gonna kill my vibe.

BTW the black Toggle shirt is growing on me too. That may be my next pickup. If FTL doesn't stiff me on my rewards.

Last edited:
Best part of this "OG" retro is that it also received the proper Nike on the bottom, none of that '88 Cement 3 nonsense.....

Can we see some lace-lock pics? I currently wear mine the way they came out the box, except I inverted the direction the laces going into the lock.
Would like to see other styles and see what looks good.
what i saw was a dude put the lace lock near the bottom of the shoe and out of the lace lock hole was two shoe laces that sprout out of the hole.  

I also seen someone shift the lace lock to the outer side of the shoe and let the laces hang out.

Who cares how old you are? I'm 40 (shudder). But in less than the past week I've had dudes half my age stop me in the mall while I'm with my daughter and tell me a) how dope the 3 year old black Retro V shirt is, b) how dope my Raiders hat is, and c) how dope the Vs on my feet are.

I never worry how my Retro shirts or my occasional loud neon colors or my track suits might come across to strangers as being "young people clothes" on someone who's entering middle age. They're all part of MY style, and it's stuff I've always enjoyed wearing. If people don't like it or want to make fun of me, more power to 'em. Not gonna kill my vibe.

BTW the black Toggle shirt is growing on me too. That may be my next pickup. If FTL doesn't stiff me on my rewards.

As a 30 year old father of two that is reassuring to hear. Repped.

I def like toggle shirt.

Best part of this "OG" retro is that it also received the proper Nike on the bottom, none of that '88 Cement 3 nonsense.....
Agreed; it's just unfortunate they didn't use the correct font.  Of all the things to miss/ignore....

I rock my black metallics with out lacelocks. I still tend to wear the lacelocks on other colorways though.

Tbh I'm anticipating the black tongue fire red re-release more than the white/black/red/ metallic tongues. Fire reds with a black laceswap are my 2nd favorite 5 colorway next to the black/metallics.

Back
Top Bottom