Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

These are just about the only ones I don't have anymore. Don't know why I never got these. I'm about to drop the $500 lol.

I walked into a store on release day and they had them. Only reason why I didn't cop them was because they didn't have the Olympic More Uptempo in my size. I wanted to cop both. Such an idiot, lol.

Every spot wants $400-500.

I walked into a store on release day and they had them. Only reason why I didn't cop them was because they didn't have the Olympic More Uptempo in my size. I wanted to cop both. Such an idiot, lol.

Every spot wants $400-500.
Yeah I'm gonna look around for a week or 2. I always track a bunch of pairs for a little bit and usually end up getting them at an ok price with that strategy. They won't be low though lol. More toward the 400 side hopefully.

This is my favorite Jordan of all time. I had two pairs dead stock from the 2007 or 08 release I think and I sold them like five years ago. I might have to pay resell for a pair soon.

Well, to be fair virgil had to remind you that the 5 was a relevant shoe and the "missing out" when they first dropped is a complete lie because that's around the time when the companies that dictate your thoughts told you to buy ultraboosts.

This is my favorite Jordan of all time. I had two pairs dead stock from the 2007 or 08 release I think and I sold them like five years ago. I might have to pay resell for a pair soon.

Same my favorite J...

bought 2 pairs when they came out in 07 and beat both of those to the ground. Skipped the '11 retro(worst retro imo). Then doubled up on the '16 retro. One of em is worn and the other still DS...

Got inspired to pull out my DS ‘07 and ‘16’s :pimp:

3D2913B2-3970-4FCF-B287-479760583B19.jpeg

FDBA3F9F-BC1B-453D-BD9B-295D02177C49.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish I still had my OGs. They developed the infamous whole at the heel from rubbing on your foot; I returned them to Collegiate Sports and they gave me the Black Infrared 6s as a free replacement b/c obviously the 5s were sold out. Love those days! Did the same thing with the 6 and got the Bordeaux 7s for free. The huarache liner prevented this whole in the heel problem and so those lasted.

Well, to be fair virgil had to remind you that the 5 was a relevant shoe and the "missing out" when they first dropped is a complete lie because that's around the time when the companies that dictate your thoughts told you to buy ultraboosts.

Nailed it. With their little JOGGER pants.

:lol: Ultraboost (NMD’s) Era was a movie in itself. I saw so many Nike loyalists retire their swooshes for stripes.

I honestly wish Adidas would get their **** right so they go back.

But Nike have literally had their foot on the hype trains neck since 2017 and refuses to ever let people say "Adidas jumped over the Jumpman" again.

Everyone talking crazy about Nike & JB like ish was sweet is the reason we're in this mess now, add in the Last Dance and a couple of fashion shifts and here we are.

I honestly wish Adidas would get their **** right so they go back.

But Nike have literally had their foot on the hype trains neck since 2017 and refuses to ever let people say "Adidas jumped over the Jumpman" again.

Everyone talking crazy about Nike & JB like ish was sweet is the reason we're in this mess now, add in the Last Dance and a couple of fashion shifts and here we are.

I hope they do. I love to see other brands thrive.

adidas forced Nike to get off their *** because there was a stretch wheres Nike got lazyand full of themselves.

That last dance documentary drove prices up. Nostalgia is a powerful force.

Yeah, I saw that lift as well; just surprised it's lasting this long to be honest. I don't double up on a given release to keep or buy just to resell, but I am regretting some doubles I had over the past 5 years that I got rid of prior to this madness (black/red toes, gold toes, WC4, BC4). These doubles were from trying to find a good pair, or insurance against orders getting canceled or lost....Oh well....it is what it is. Holding onto the extra FR4 I have though...heh. Not into storing shoes for the years it takes for them to materially go up in value (at least GRs), but I've learned my lesson and keeping a few around is no big deal.

Still have my Concords DS, but not reselling those....only have one pair, and waiting to get back into the office to bring those out!

Back
Top Bottom