Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Def got use out of my 07s. They eventually crumbled, but I loved them.

bruh for real. The 23 in the side. Quality was solid. Comfort decent. Especially after missing out on the 2000 retro, they were def on my list for the 06-07 season. Copped them a year later in Fall 2007 for slightly above retail and wore them to ground.

Last edited:
I know I'm beating a dead horse but if some of ya'll issues with the 2016 pair is hyperfocusing on toebox shape a good remedy to that is wearing your pairs pretty heavily you get that sweet lowness you crave. Here's my pair currently cleaning them for the first time since I've copped(I've beat these in so well and there's still so much life left). Blue tint long since gone and the sheen on the tongue seems to have faded a lil over time. All I've done is wear my sneaks like its 1990 just all purpose wear probably helps I have a wide foot so they stretch differently. These were a top tier retro and only a tier below 2000's IMHO. 07's are dope and I beat the hell out of those until they were unrockable but I wouldn't put them above 16's.

For the life of me can't understand how some of ya'll had the 07s since 07 and only worn them a handful of times :lol:. The Black Metallics are just such a wearable shoe that look good pristine or beat.

IMG_20210723_053239.jpg

Last edited:
disclaimer before I post: I dont like aged customs but I found these and thought that the durabuck looks alright. So he used Fabric Wax on the durabuck take a look. I'm not saying for everyone to do it but I think it looks cool.
20210224_170100.jpg 20210224_170225.jpg
20210224_170209.jpg

here the OG for comparison
20210224_170010.jpg
20210224_165953.jpg
Wow these are dumb hard. I wanna learn how to do that vintage distressed customization. Idk I don’t feel comfortable wearing clean shoes

Pro tip...wear your shoes frequently and they'll look like this within 6-8 months, and a lot of the scuffs will have memories for you.....
this society's incessant need for attention and to be "different" has caused the emergence of some ridiculous trends.
this concept of "accelerated aging" for sneakers is no exception.
this is dumb, and could be easily accomplished more authentically by wearing the shoes as they were intended.
"I don't feel comfortable wearing clean shoes"
....what?

There was a recent IG Live with Scottrenus, where he was talking about his fascination and appreciation for aging kicks. If an OG collector like that… who owns every OG 1, AF1, soon to be Dunks, etc… I’ll take that pretty seriously. It’s more than a trend.

All of my shoes that get too far gone to restore, I age.

Certain 4s and 5s, you can't really whiten the netting without serious work that I'm not good enough to do. But aging with one of those pens, swapping laces, and ironing toes only takes about an hour.

Or If a shoe comes out in a better version, I'll keep the better one icey and age the inferior one. Example: I'm keeping my 2021 Carmine with Nike Air on the back icey. I'm aging my crappy 2008 CDP pair.

But who has the time to be wearing shoes into the ground? Some do but most don’t. Aging shoes is a good thing. It is art based on what really happens to a shoe over 10,20,30 years. It’s not some made up bull****.
Yeah exactly I don’t like how long it takes, plus when you “beat” them “naturally” they hardly ever look like shoes that were purposely made to look like that as an artistic aesthetic choice

I went to UN DS mine today and the right one is pinching way too much so they have to go. Gutted but I should do quite well out of them. I should have tried them on properly a few years ago I guess - they're not even laced up yet! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom