Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

exactly ogs are definitely slimmer in the toebox. recent retro v's are more curled and have that "banana toe" as we call it on NT. That goes for pretty much all of the recent retro 1-7s. They are more apparent on the retro 4s as we have discussed and ranted about the past few years

exactly ogs are definitely slimmer in the toebox. recent retro v's are more curled and have that "banana toe" as we call it on NT. That goes for pretty much all of the recent retro 1-7s. They are more apparent on the retro 4s as we have discussed and ranted about the past few years
4's are crazy different. They should have stopped somewhere between the 1999 and 2004 CG4. OG 3's and the 5's have wonky size 18 toeboxes, but their first Retros perfected it. 

3: 1994>2001>1988>

5: 2000>1990>2006>2013>etc

4: 1989>1999 (rip flimsy netting)>2004>etc

The toe boxes of the original jordans have a toe box that curves over while the toe boxes of the retros have the curved look that makes the shoe point up.

The toe boxes of the original jordans have a toe box that curves over while the toe boxes of the retros have the curved look that makes the shoe point up.
You just proved everyone else's point.

Last edited:

You just proved everyone else's point.
That's what I said in the beginning:

What are you talking about? The 1990 toe box was bulkier (which I like) while the toe box now is slimier and more curved.

1990: Toe box is bulky, better seen in the promo photos of the shoe. Does not have that curved shape the later releases have.

2011: As you can see it comes up in a curve which is why the toe box is nicknamed the "Banana Toe"

yes
that's what a lot of us have said over the years

I see that I'm beating a dead horse here. Look at the pics I posted of OG vs 11 retros. OG toeboxes are slanted straight down.'11 toeboxes curl toward up towards the toes. Its obvious.. I'm starting to assume that you are just immature and like to argue 

Are you trying to say it's the same cut

Just the later toebox has a upward curve and the before shape has the downward curve which makes it look slimmer?

Last edited:

Are you trying to say it's the same cut

Just the later toebox has a upward curve and the before shape has the downward curve which makes it look slimmer?
No, the toe boxes of original jordans were bulkier. The retros have that slimed curved up toe box.

No, the toe boxes of original jordans were bulkier. The retros have that slimed curved up toe box.
So the OG would be the pear shaped body

in the photo below Note the slim bust area but more hip ratio

And the later version would be the hour glass shape

Slimmed in the waist and hip but added a little curve up in the bust area

Or am I missing the point completely?

Last edited:

See how the original Jordans have bulky toe boxes
They curve down and look too slim. The OG 3's look way worse than the 94's for that reason, 5's less so. 

Basically

1990's: 

Size 18s for everybody

Early 2000's:

In the middle

2010's:

Bannana

So the OG would be the pear shaped body

in the photo below Note the slim bust area but more hip ratio

And the later version would be the hour glass shape

Slimmed in the waist and hip but added a little curve up in the bust area

Or am I missing the point completely?
If you want to put it that way (pretty good way to put it) then yes.

They curve down and look too slim. The OG 3's look way worse than the 94's for that reason, 5's less so. 

Basically

1990's: 

Size 18s for everybody

Early 2000's:

In the middle

2010's:

Bannana
These don't look slim though my friend, when they toe box started curving up it looked slimier than when the toe box was curving down.

These don't look slim though my friend, when they toe box started curving up it looked slimier than when the toe box was curving down.
Steel toed boots or Chuck Taylor toeboxes, pick your poison.

Last edited:
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Man @X-Alt, I pray and hope that we at least get that shape. Or, a shape that's closer and similar to the OG's...

So these or the supreme Vs black?

I mean I'm usually an OG guy since I've been buying Js since the early 90s, but that supreme Vs is tempting me

Back
Top Bottom