Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

So.......... The Nike air isn't Metallic Silver? Y'all act like I said grey lol
It's white man!!!!

laugh.gif

And always should be, on this colorway....

New toe shapes looks way better than the OG's for sure
2000>2006>1990>2015

Sorry to say, but choosing between the 1990 and 2015 toeboxes is like choosing between dehydration or starvation.

Last edited:
2000>2006>1990>2015

Sorry to say, but choosing between the 1990 and 2015 toeboxes is like choosing between dehydration or starvation.

Worst toe box shape is from 2011-2015. Way too bulky. I like the 2000 and og toe box most. I have the 2000 firereds, white Metallic silvers and the 2013 grapes...the 2013 had too bulky toe box shape. I wear a size 11.

Last edited:
Worst toe box shape is from 2011-2015. Way too bulky. I like the 2000 and og toe box most. I have the 2000 firereds, white Metallic silvers and the 2013 grapes...the 2013 had too bulky toe box shape. I wear a size 11.
Had the 2006 BM5, 2000 Laneys, and rock a swapped 2000 FR5 and had beat but swapped OG Grapes before trading up to some 2000 Infrared 6's. I wanted to try the 2015 WM5, but the toebox was a put off, blue sole was fire tho.

2010 is when the shape of 5s changed with the white patent leather 5s. I live the shape of 5s from 1990-2009. Never been the same since

I want them to get it somewhat right like they did the white cement 4s... I have confidence in that they will at least try..

Bro.. I just read thru some of the pages and y'all were trippin the past couple of days going back n forth back n forth like a dag on volleyball game man, *boomhauer voice*

Basically @airsakuragi what you were referring to as bulky, most other perceive and identify as "curved" or more rounded compared to mostly present day and modern retros where the toeboxes are boxier and more pronounced in height which you refer to as curved or having a banana toe.

While it's true that present day retros have the banana effect going on, people are referencing the area where the rand meets the upper toe box. Nowadays it's more rigid, sitting higher than the old schools did and then dramatically dropping to create a very boxy looking toebox. Think of it like a cake or a plateau, and the OGs, more curved in that area, as like an ice cream cake melting or like a hill. Pics will show you what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
No one in here had been able to comment on if the OG toe box was more comfortable when they were out in the 90s

No one in here had been able to comment on if the OG toe box was more comfortable when they were out in the 90s
I rocked some BEAT OG Grapes like 3 years back when I copped for cheap and had my trusty cobbler ghetto swap them. I don't care about size (natural fit is 11 but I'll rock 9.5 to 12.5 if it is heat) but I'm pretty sure they were 11, so that'd be 10.5 in today's sizing.

Anyways, just as comfortable with the usual thick padding and my toes weren't fighting the leather. But at the end of the day the 2000 and 2006's but the latter two look much cleaner in the toebox imo.

Last edited:
Bro.. I just read thru some of the pages and y'all were trippin the past couple of days going back n forth back n forth like a dag on volleyball game man, *boomhauer voice*

Basically @airsakuragi what you were referring to as bulky, most other perceive and identify as "curved" or more rounded compared to mostly present day and modern retros where the toeboxes are boxier and more pronounced in height which you refer to as curved or having a banana toe.

While it's true that present day retros have the banana effect going on, people are referencing the area where the rand meets the upper toe box. Nowadays it's more rigid, sitting higher than the old schools did and then dramatically dropping to create a very boxy looking toebox. Think of it like a cake or a plateau, and the OGs, more curved in that area, as like an ice cream cake melting or like a hill. Pics will show you what I'm talking about.

This is what I'm talking about... Sak was trippin..

I rocked some BEAT OG Grapes like 3 years back when I copped for cheap and had my trusty cobbler ghetto swap them. I don't care about size (natural fit is 11 but I'll rock 9.5 to 12.5 if it is heat) but I'm pretty sure they were 11, so that'd be 10.5 in today's sizing.

Anyways, just as comfortable with the usual thick padding and my toes weren't fighting the leather. But at the end of the day the 2000 and 2006's but the latter two look much cleaner in the toebox imo.

:rofl:

Are you talking about the color inside the air bubble? Which OG retro did they screw up? Retros of a retro don't really matter...

Yes, the color of the inside. I wish they would stop coloring the inside of the air units on OG colorways. It makes no sense.:smh:

Back
Top Bottom