Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

But you said you got a pair of used OG grapes...that were too small...

You went raw on a pair that used? 

I rocked some BEAT OG Grapes like 3 years back when I copped for cheap and had my trusty cobbler ghetto swap them. I don't care about size (natural fit is 11 but I'll rock 9.5 to 12.5 if it is heat) but I'm pretty sure they were 11, so that'd be 10.5 in today's sizing.

Anyways, just as comfortable with the usual thick padding and my toes weren't fighting the leather. But at the end of the day the 2000 and 2006's but the latter two look much cleaner in the toebox imo.
um .......... :rofl:

But you said you got a pair of used OG grapes...that were too small...

You went raw on a pair that used? 

View media item 1950757
I clean up anything I rock, blast it with that Febreeze, isopropyl alcohol, compressed air, etc. I had to clean some moldy Mars IVs before and I had no problem rocking them TBH.

9.5: Raw
10: No insole
10.5 : Normal
11: Normal
11.5: Add a a Zoom unit
12: Same
12.5: Double insoles + Zoom

HEAT before comfort, unless it's on long trips or I wouldn't be alive thanks to my amber brown sole Foams.

Last edited:
I'm conflicted b/c I had these in '90, so there's nostalgia here, however, I have the Oreos, which are so similar it's unlikely I would get to wear both enough.  If I can get the 3lab5s for under $250, I'm thinking of getting those instead as they're more "special/unique".  For those of you that have them, how are they holding up?  If they crack I don't want them!  I could get both b/c it's not really a money concern, it's more of a concern that I want to wear my entire collection, and don't want them sitting around rotting!  I would trade my Oreos for these, however, I'm not into selling shoes, so that's not really an option.  For those that have the 3lab5s, appreciate the feedback!

Don't sleep on these. The new midsoles from 2006+ take much longer to dry rot and while feeling like cement bricks, will stand the test of time.

Don't sleep on these. The new midsoles from 2006+ take much longer to dry rot and while feeling like cement bricks, will stand the test of time.
I still have my 07 pair and the soles are still intact. No cracking what so ever. I'm still going to get this years version, though.

Having my 00' pair sole swapped at the moment so I think I'll pass on this release
The durabuck on those is beginning to age, not too bad the like the burnt looking OGs, but don't sleep when you find out they need to be tennis balled.

Japanese feet having MF.. :rofl:
How you walk G?
I guess it's the stuff I used to thrift that made me adapt. When I was 8, I used to rock the patent leather Chicagos that were 2 sizes too big because I begged my parents for them.

We called them joints Ronald McDonald shoes lol, and I rocked and "balled" in them a full year before they started creasing up.

Thrifted an OG 16 in size 6 when I was size 7 or 7.5, only had some white forces back then, and the more heat I came across, the less and less I cared about sizing. Thrifters can't be that picky, you know? But when my toes can actually feel the toecap (9), I call it quits because I don't want to look stupid.

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of pictures of the maroon 6s before they released and the nike air looked the sane way but they fix it and it looks fine they're probably going to do the same for these

I've seen a couple of pictures of the maroon 6s before they released and the nike air looked the sane way but they fix it and it looks fine they're probably going to do the same for these
The NA on the Maroon on some retail pairs looks like it was rendered on an N64, it's too bulky and hairy, looks like it wasn't shaved for 25 years.

Last edited:
Most of the photos you seen of these are unauthorized pairs (black netting, blue tinted, and Jordan on the outsole). Here is a photo of a sample pair from the Nike article:

A retro can't be better than the original. That's like heresy.
The 1994 III's make the 1988's look like garbage. 4's are barely worse because somebody failed in the netting department. The WC4's from 1999 have a better shade of gray and doesn't have OD speckling that looks like somebody got blasted with a shotgun (2016 especially). 5's are a quite a bit better because of better NA placement, Durabuck, and toebox. 2000 6's win because of better Durabuck and because the Midnight Navy 6 is partially responsible for global warming. 2000 11's are basically the same, inb4 the OG's go crazy because "2000 leather quality is garbage lalalalalalalala".

Please no milky soles
I don't like it when they turn green, but if they meet somewhere in the middle, it'd be fire.

Last edited:
A retro can't be better than the original. That's like heresy.
The 1994 III's make the 1988's look like garbage. 4's are barely worse because somebody failed in the netting department. The WC4's from 1999 have a better shade of gray and doesn't have OD speckling that looks like somebody got blasted with a shotgun (2016 especially). 5's are a quite a bit better because of better NA placement, Durabuck, and toebox. 2000 6's win because of better Durabuck and because the Midnight Navy 6 is partially responsible for global warming. 2000 11's are basically the same, inb4 the OG's go crazy because "2000 leather quality is garbage lalalalalalalala".

Please no milky soles
I don't like it when they turn green, but if they meet somewhere in the middle, it'd be fire.
no, either make them bore tinted, or go back to translucent clear soles

Back
Top Bottom