Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Wearing the previous retro once you found out a new one is releasing makes sense. Rushing to Wear the older retro to flex in everyone else before the new one releases is ridiculous. Especially for this release
People really do that?!?
View media item 1937985But in regards to the icy sole, I prefer keep it OG. But honestly, all they have to do is stick the clear soles they used on the air max 90's ices on the Jordan's and everyone would be happy!!

One of my grails with Nike Air wow I need the wolf grey joints to release now since I missed out on them back when they released. I can finally say I have a Jordan V in my collection, I might go out and cop the white mettalic Vs too!

To me it sounded like you contradicted yourself. You said it made sense but then you said it was ridiculous

Last edited:
To me it sounded like you contradicted yourself. You said it made sense but then you said it was ridiculous
finally wearing a DS pair of metallics once you find out they are dropping again is not the same is wearing them to flex in others. In one situation you are wearing your DS pair because you know another is on the way so you don't have to worry about not messing the old pair up anymore. in the other you are trying to flex on others by showing that you have the older model that the majority of others may not have due to time and rarity. Two dif scenarios.

Last edited:
But anybody other than yourself will perceive it as the latter because you will be flexing in a way, dudes check the app on their phone to check release dates in a footlocker, sees black metallic 5s coming out, looks at you standing next to him, peeps your shoes and you wearing what's on his screen. lol it just kind of goes hand in hand. Plus being informed of their return is what prompted you to wear the DS pair you already own is in a way rushing to wear them because you also have the option of not wearing them until after the 2016 release but you're not choosing that option having been informed of their rerelease. :lol:

If  JB uses the same material that's on the current lows then I'm out.  It's the same crap that's on the "Radio Raheems." Worse than the 2011 Last Shots. Worst material ever used on a pair of J's...

If  JB uses the same material that's on the current lows then I'm out.  It's the same crap that's on the "Radio Raheems." Worse than the 2011 Last Shots. Worst material ever used on a pair of J's...
Thin Aquabuck is better than ashbuckuede that they used on the 2011 BM5 and Last Shots. Let's get real here.

There should be a certain stickiness or oilyness to the nap. It shouldn't feel like peach fuzz. To each his own. More for you guys...

Well I wasn't around so maybe someone who was can tag in here, what did the OG 1990 black metallic silver 5 upper material feel like? I imagine that the best case scenario for this release is that they are closest to originals right? Or closest to the 2000 release? Or 2007? What shoe exists today that is an example of using the type of material you want these 5s to have?

Well I wasn't around so maybe someone who was can tag in here, what did the OG 1990 black metallic silver 5 upper material feel like? I imagine that the best case scenario for this release is that they are closest to originals right? Or closest to the 2000 release? Or 2007? What shoe exists today that is an example of using the type of material you want these 5s to have?
It's the same as the 1991 Black Infrared 6. It's this oily Durabuck that gets really crusty and ugly and has been out of production for 20 years. The 2000\2006 with Nike durabuck aged 100x better than the OG and that's what we got on the Aquas and Alt 5 Lows as well.

The material on the alternates is what they should use. If so I'll be in for 2 pairs. Hoping for a clear sole as well but the upper material is more important to me.

It's the same as the 1991 Black Infrared 6. It's this oily Durabuck that gets really crusty and ugly and has been out of production for 20 years. The 2000\2006 with Nike durabuck aged 100x better than the OG and that's what we got on the Aquas and Alt 5 Lows as well.
thats what we'll get.

Had no idea these were dropping. Wasn't going to pick up any shoes after the French Blues until the Space Jam release. This changes that :lol:

With the Nike Air too??? Can't wait! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I like that oily nubuck look of the 91 infrared 6s. Hopefully they'll find material that's close to the og.

It's
I like that oily nubuck look of the 91 infrared 6s. Hopefully they'll find material that's close to the og.
it's actually Durabuck. Nike used it a lot of OG retros. It's a synthetic leather they can use to look like leather or Nubuck.

But as far as your opinio, I agree. I doubt they'd spoil us though

It's
it's actually Durabuck. Nike used it a lot of OG retros. It's a synthetic leather they can use to look like leather or Nubuck.

But as far as your opinio, I agree. I doubt they'd spoil us though
They didn't use it on the 2014 retro infrared 6. I was trying to figure out what made the 91 ver feel different than the 14 ver. It was that material especially at the back heels part and also the fact that the tongue of the shoes were higher than the retros. Also the silhouette of the toes were slimmer back then with darker infrareds. All in all, I'd be head over heels if I can get something like the 91 infrared 6s soon.

Same

They didn't use it on the 2014 retro infrared 6. I was trying to figure out what made the 91 ver feel different than the 14 ver. It was that material especially at the back heels part and also the fact that the tongue of the shoes were higher than the retros. Also the silhouette of the toes were slimmer back then with darker infrareds. All in all, I'd be head over heels if I can get something like the 91 infrared 6s soon.

Don't think JB will re use that pattern of the higher tongue and material though. But heres to hoping, since they are remastering and the 2014 doesnt count as a remastered version. I hope we can get another 1 with Nike air back in 17-18.

Back
Top Bottom