Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Quick question for nubuck guys..okay almost all my jordans are leather except aquas but I haven't wore those yet...anyways all my kicks look about new cause after every wear I gently wipe them with a damp cloth...how do u go about keeping these fresh? Can u wipe em like how I normally do? Also hare 7 advice I been bout 2 afraid to wear em

^ Huh, interesting. ^
-late pass-

Didn't realize Nike considers this release part of a 'pack.' Gold, Silver & Bronze
knew about the others just not that this was 'silver' in a 'pack' with the others
will be passing on the others

Gold - 08/13/16
Silver - 07/23/16
Bronze - 09/24/16
Yeah I read that earlier too. It seems kind of strange 1) because black/metallic Vs have never even remotely had anything historically to do with the Olympics or silver medals, and 2) because this is apparently the first Nike has ever mentioned about these being considered part of a "pack." I'd have thought that they would have marketed that detail a little more conspicuously.
This is just another marketing ploy from Nike that I won't fall for. The ONLY way for Nike to sell more quantity of the "gold" and "bronze" 5s is to advertise them as part of a "pack" that includes the black/metallic Vs because Nike knows the other two pairs won't be as popular as the OG.

The method to the madness: make the consumers believe they have to buy all three pairs just so they can "complete the set." Hence, the description "the first of three Olympic inspired Air Jordan Vs...representing the silver medal." LOL

Nice try, Jordan Brand. But you ain't foolin' me.

** Younger brothers, don't let the marketing fool you because the black/metallic Vs were NEVER correlated with any Olympics or silver medal. Buy only what you're taste buds desire or what your budget allows for. Ain't no such thing as a "Jordan V Olympic medal pack" because M.J. only rocks gold medals at the Olympic games.

Quick question for nubuck guys..okay almost all my jordans are leather except aquas but I haven't wore those yet...anyways all my kicks look about new cause after every wear I gently wipe them with a damp cloth...how do u go about keeping these fresh? Can u wipe em like how I normally do? Also hare 7 advice I been bout 2 afraid to wear em
i use a brush and jason markk its a lil pricey but then again atleast i know my shoes are gunna be fine after i would be careful with wiping nubuck mainly because if its a harder rougher towel u can scratch nubuck or durabuck very easily my infared 6s and chrome 8s got scratches on them because of this

View media item 2106856

^ Huh, interesting. ^

-late pass-

Didn't realize Nike considers this release part of a 'pack.' Gold, Silver width: 350px; height: 197px">
[/URL]
View media item 2106850
View media item 2106851

Gold - 08/13/16

Silver - 07/23/16

Bronze - 09/24/16

Yeah I read that earlier too. It seems kind of strange 1) because black/metallic Vs have never even remotely had anything historically to do with the Olympics or silver medals, and 2) because this is apparently the first Nike has ever mentioned about these being considered part of a "pack." I'd have thought that they would have marketed that detail a little more conspicuously.

This is just another marketing ploy from Nike that I won't fall for. The ONLY way for Nike to sell more quantity of the "gold" and "bronze" 5s is to advertise them as part of a "pack" that includes the black/metallic Vs because Nike knows the other two pairs won't be as popular as the OG.

The method to the madness: make the consumers believe they have to buy all three pairs just so they can "complete the set." Hence, the description "the first of three Olympic inspired Air Jordan Vs...representing the silver medal." LOL

Nice try, Jordan Brand. But you ain't foolin' me.

** Younger brothers, don't let the marketing fool you because the black/metallic Vs were NEVER correlated with any Olympics or silver medal. Buy only what you're taste buds desire or what your budget allows for. Ain't no such thing as a "Jordan V Olympic medal pack" because M.J. only rocks gold medals at the Olympic games.
Ain't no such thing as a "Jordan V Olympic medal pack" because M.J. only rocks gold medals at the Olympic games. TRUTH.

Last edited:
The "medal pack" is Jordan marketing at finest. Pass on the other two, no brainer on the black metallic.

Hope I can snag a pair on Saturday.

Okay we all know the whole "Olympic Pack" or "medal pack" is just JB using marketing tactics to get new Sneakerheads and Hypebeasts to buy the Bronze and the Gold as well. People who know about sneakers won't fall for that. The Metallics are still OGs, and that won't change because of JB's marketing tactics.

I expected people on here to understand that that very well, but the fact that some people are passing on the Metallics simply due to JB marketing is some mind boggling stuff...

Last edited:
easy cop amirite guys? nobody wants outdated retros any more! all the cool kids are about that boost nmd stuff lol

Seen these in person by my local and the durabuck is very nice quality. I was really impressed with the overall craftsmanship and materials but that $220 price tag hurts. Definitely copping as a birthday gift to myself.

Seen these in person by my local and the durabuck is very nice quality. I was really impressed with the overall craftsmanship and materials but that $220 price tag hurts. Definitely copping as a birthday gift to myself.

In ur opinion is the durabuck better or the same as the durabuck on the aquas or bordeaux's?

Yeah. Maybe not online but should be in store.

Online will be the usual hassle. The SNKRS app will resemble a typical Kobe game - a lot of shot attempts but very few makes, at least initially. Then once the majority of people start to give up around 10:45am est. people who stuck around will be able to buy them easily.

Online will be the usual hassle. The SNKRS app will resemble a typical Kobe game - a lot of shot attempts but very few makes, at least initially. Then once the majority of people start to give up around 10:45am est. people who stuck around will be able to buy them easily.

That's exactly what happened to me wit the WC4. Couldn't get through for the 1st 20 minutes. Accepted the L and left to make some breakfast. Came back 20 min later and carted right away. My boy even got his pair couple hours later too. Let's hope this launch goes smoothly for everybody. I have a feeling I'll be able to cart and checkout quickly, I was able to for the last couple 12 releases, let's hope that trend continues... Yet I'm trying to stay humble and prepared cause I don't want to get ahead of myself and come Saturday morning I'm scrambling & panicking Lmaoo

Yeah. Maybe not online but should be in store.

yep. Bots rule snkrs tho. thats why everyone gets the airball attempts.

I have a chunk ton of raffle tickets...........still no call.

Are they still making phone calls tomorrow by any chance?

Same here. Surprisingly only received one phone call (Footaction in Plaza Americanas).

We should get those phone calls today. No worries homie [emoji]128175[/emoji]

@citricacidcycle Now thats the truth!! They tryna market these to the new generation coming up...when these dropped in 1990 there was never any mention of these being related to the olympics. Nike has caught on to that fact that "gimmicks" helps sales especially to the younger generation that may not know their history.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom