Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Worn mine for the past 3 days and they are pretty comfortable. They broke in nicely too. I'm glad I went TTS. I couldn't imagine going up 1/2 a size especially after these are broken in. I'm a wide footer too. No squeaking issues either after wearing them all day

Last edited:
those that have the squeaking,, what are y'all doing about it?
I did the baby powder inside them after removing the insole. It worked, kind of. The squeak returned, so then I tried adding some painters tape to the bottom of the front portion of the insole (where the squeak was coming from), that seemed to work, kind of. When the squeak returned I thought maybe the excess threading on the bottoms was creating some air in between the insole and the bottom, so I trimmed those back...didnt really do much.

Wore mine again yesterday and on Tuesday and by the end of the day, they were squeaking again (from the front of the insole).

It is annoying, and it sucks that it is an issue for a $237 shoe, but I'm not too worried about it. I called up FNL and they said there wasn't anything they could do since I wore the shoe.....well, if I never wore the shoe, then how would I know it would squeak?

I did the baby powder inside them after removing the insole. It worked, kind of. The squeak returned, so then I tried adding some painters tape to the bottom of the front portion of the insole (where the squeak was coming from), that seemed to work, kind of. When the squeak returned I thought maybe the excess threading on the bottoms was creating some air in between the insole and the bottom, so I trimmed those back...didnt really do much.

Wore mine again yesterday and on Tuesday and by the end of the day, they were squeaking again (from the front of the insole).

It is annoying, and it sucks that it is an issue for a $237 shoe, but I'm not too worried about it. I called up FNL and they said there wasn't anything they could do since I wore the shoe.....well, if I never wore the shoe, then how would I know it would squeak?

Try telling Nike

Nike will take the return.  Given that you can still buy these at retail, why put up with it?  I've had this happen to me before and it's a nasty problem.  Lithium spray was the only thing that worked.  Baby power didn't do last more than an hour or two.  But that pair I had was sold out.  That's why wearing shoes immediately for a couple of weeks is a good idea; then you can acquire a replacement.

Nike will take the return.  Given that you can still buy these at retail, why put up with it?  I've had this happen to me before and it's a nasty problem.  Lithium spray was the only thing that worked.  Baby power didn't do last more than an hour or two.  But that pair I had was sold out.  That's why wearing shoes immediately for a couple of weeks is a good idea; then you can acquire a replacement.
I'm going to go to the Nike Outlet near me this weekend and see what they can do.

My buddy got both the black/grey and black/gold reflective NA shirts from Champs in Wheaton Plaza (DMV) on sale for $24 each today. He said they had a large variety of colors.
Yeah red,blue,white and maybe others, but I was just gunning for the black.

Copped these for $237 after tax and was complaining like a mother, but came up on some Champagnes for $70 that I sold for $200, so pretty much got the Metallics for $137, sitting pretty nice
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom