Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

these look fine tbh, i swear some people are too critical of things, basically nit-picky, idk maybe i just like the shoe and possibly care less about certain intricacies. Either way im looking to secure a pair through local raffle or rsvp so my gf can buy as a bday gift.

these look fine tbh, i swear some people are too critical of things, basically nit-picky, idk maybe i just like the shoe and possibly care less about certain intricacies. Either way im looking to secure a pair through local raffle or rsvp so my gf can buy as a bday gift.

**** with too nitpicky brah

People accept ****** materials, banana molds, constant price increases, and other misc problems, now they ****** up the toebox.

People accept ****** materials, banana molds, constant price increases, and other misc problems, now they ****** up the toebox.

its all subjective bruh, yet you seem to take it to heart...things change in life and seldomly does something ever repeat itself EXACTLY as it once did before, you can apply that to anything in life even shoes. Also people harp on price increases but name one product area that isn't going up in price everything from gas to milk to shoes is going up in price its just the way of life and not much we can do about it. The shoe is still the shoe, its still leather with the actual proper colorway for a change. A toebox was the least of my worries about a "infrared" retro. But to each their own

its all subjective bruh, yet you seem to take it to heart...things change in life and seldomly does something ever repeat itself EXACTLY as it once did before, you can apply that to anything in life even shoes. Also people harp on price increases but name one product area that isn't going up in price everything from gas to milk to shoes is going up in price its just the way of life and not much we can do about it. The shoe is still the shoe, its still leather with the actual proper colorway for a change. A toebox was the least of my worries about a "infrared" retro. But to each their own

So I'm suppose to pay a inflated price on a product I don't like because "hey, they got the infrared right" and "that's life" :lol: :smh:

I'm going to choose to spend my money on something else because I don't like what is being offered to me.

Last edited:
So I'm suppose to pay a inflated price on a product I don't like because "hey, they got the infrared right" and "that's life"
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I'm going to choose to spend my money on something else because I don't like what is being offered to me.

thats the thing no one is telling you to buy it, its a luxury item, like i said its subjective, your opinion is yours and mine is mine. Thats how i meant it in the first place. Like you described you are not buying for the reasons your opinion stated, and im buying because of my own opinion and care level about certain things.

Why even be JB forums if that's how you feel? We all know the quality isn't changing anytime soon so why torture yourself?

Why even be JB forums if that's how you feel? We all know the quality isn't changing anytime soon so why torture yourself?

-That comment was in direct repose to what dude said about be nitpicking.

The comments even begins "PEOPLE ACCEPT" meaning all those things before the toebox issue are issues people (including me) have let those issues go (for the most part). But now I choose not to spend my money on this specific product for a specific issue

-So the JB forums is only for people who will never question the products JB releases, and spend their money on anything?....My bad, I didn't get that memo

Last edited:
We all know JB isn't going to give us what we want, exactly what we want I should say. Cause we did ask for the correct shade, materials, and something close to the original mold. They gave us the shade, lol, that's it, the height of the shoe is even lower to that of the Infrared pack. But sadly these are things we have to deal with, I agree whole heartedly that we do not need to buy these shoes and can choose to go to other brands. Which I have done, Reebok, Ewings, Adidas, and they have been getting it basically 99% right with the colors, mold, PRICE, PRODUCTION, you name it they have been getting it right, IMO. Now, I very rarely buy J's like I used too, MAYBE two pairs a year. In 2013 all I got was the 88 3's and Laney 5's which I got with ease, both of them so that definitely had something to do with it but back on topic, since I rarely buy pairs, I figured if it's a color way I love, like really love, than I'll get them. I'll be running them into the ground and such so I don't mind the toe box, or the height as some of you may mind. But I also rely on the brand a lot less than most of you, I believe at least.

Now should all of us do the same, rely less on JB, I think that'll be the only way they'll wake up and realize that they need us and not the other way around. Some of you just need to open your eyes and realize there are a **** load of brands out there vying for your money with products that match your money in quality and the price point that the majority of these brands price their kicks at, is a lot cheaper than what JB is pricing their retros at.

Anyway, all I'm saying is choose carefully which release you buy. Even if you have the funds, you don't need every OG drop. And try a different brand, just once, and you'll see how satisfying it is to be able to buy a pair at retail (sometimes less) without any hassle. Plus it'll help you stand out more in a room full of Jordan retros.

Is this shape really that hard to emulate?

P1070269%20(Large).JPG

Or even this?

Air-Jordan-VI-Motorsports-3.jpg

I just don't get it man, honestly. Are people complaining about there being too little toebox room or something?

Why the hell do they look like this :lol:

Is this shape really that hard to emulate?

P1070269%20(Large).JPG

Or even this?

Air-Jordan-VI-Motorsports-3.jpg

I just don't get it man, honestly. Are people complaining about there being too little toebox room or something?

Why the hell do they look like this :lol:

Tinker's explanation:

Michael has always been inspired by construction workers, he use to visit a construction site before every playoff game. During his career he built his team and game up from nothing using different tools to gain the advantage on his opponent. All culminating in the 1991 championship.

So we decided to introduce a new performance Steel Toe on the Jordan 6. This way no matter if you drilling screw on the work site, our drilling jumpers on the court, the Jordan 6 retro provides a revolutionary performance unseen in previous basketball shoes, construction boots, or retros. We're really pushing the envelope

Last edited:
I feel like this will be fairly easy to get. Most OG colorways in recent memory have been easy to obtain

This state of mind is the reason why quality is unlikely to change anytime soon.

There is such a high percentage among sneakerheads of "it wont change", "just accept it", "that ship has sailed"

It seems to me that so many just give up and feel like they have no power to change anything, which only perpetuates the issue, and its to the point that if you have anything negative to say about JB, these "accepters" (sheep) just deem you a complainer and say you should be satisfied.

It's ab...

... forget it ill stop there.

Tinker's explanation:

Michael has always been inspired by construction workers, he use to visit a construction site before every playoff game. During his career he built his team and game up from nothing using different tools to gain the advantage on his opponent. All culminating in the 1991 championship.

So we decided to introduce a new performance Steel Toe on the Jordan 6. This way no matter if you drilling screw on the work site, our drilling jumpers on the court, the Jordan 6 retro provides a revolutionary performance unseen in previous basketball shoes, construction boots, or retros. We're really pushing the envelope

Steel toe... :rofl:

^^^ EXACTLY, bruh.

It's these Kids & Savages who could care less because they don't remember how great the OG's were made (or even earlier retros for that matter)... so in their eyes, they're not missing anything.

SMH x 100000.

This state of mind is the reason why quality is unlikely to change anytime soon.

There is such a high percentage among sneakerheads of "it wont change", "just accept it", "that ship has sailed"

It seems to me that so many just give up and feel like they have no power to change anything, which only perpetuates the issue, and its to the point that if you have anything negative to say about JB, these "accepters" (sheep) just deem you a complainer and say you should be satisfied.

It's ab...

It's ab...

[thread="538444"]It's not changing because people like you and me make up a small percentage of the shoe buying community be. I realize this therefore if I don't like what's produced, I just don't buy it period. I'm not wasting my time crying about something as meaningless as kicks. [/thread]

Were on a sneaker forum in the Jordan section. What the hell else are we suppose to discuss?

Plus I said exactly what the first part of your comment. I don't like them, I'm not buying them.

So your problem is not that I hold this opinion, is that I chose to voice that opinion........on a sneaker forum.......in the Jordan section.....oh ok, that makes sense :rolleyes

-anyway, lets get back on topic

Last edited:
Sorry for getting a little of topic, but to those who owned the cdp version of the white/infrared 6, were you happy with them? 

I ask because if this years version of this shoe is not so great, then I may just hunt down the cdp version for a fair price.

Thanks in advance.

It's ab...

citizen_cane.gif

Back
Top Bottom