Nike Air Max Hyperposite, New $225 Foamposite Shoe in 2012

Just got around to trying on my SOLs. The shoe looks amazing, but i dont think i'll be able to fit in the 10.5 when my natural shoe size is an 11. Was hoping id be able to stuff my foot in it

While I found it hard to believe as well we will never know for sure what went down so lets just leave it at that.

Take this with a grain of salt, as it is merely rumor but, I was told by a Nike Executive from Marketing that it is common knowledge within the company that the Hyperposite was in fact created initially as the Lebron 10! Last second changes with the Diamond theme turned it into a General Nike Basketball Shoe. If you think about the colors released that rumor holds a little weight huh...

Fireberry=South Beach?
Crimson=Heat Away?
Atomic Green=Dunkman?
Statue of Liberty=Big Apple?
Orange/Brown=Cleveland Browns?
Obsidian=Retro Cavs?
Tiger Camo=Military ala Cannon?

Kinda makes you wonder...

LMFAO....Lebron doesnt do Cleveland colorways...atomic greens were originally navy blue/atomic green...and they aren't recycling any themes so...this is a HUGE reach. Theory and rumor discedited...nice try though.

Can you imagine how much the resell price of the SOLs are if these were the LeBron Xs? Whoa!

The colorways don't make any sense to past Lebrons. So nike would have 7 color ways already manufactured before they switched the shoe to a non signature?

You pulled that **** out of your ***. You didn't talk to anyone. You saw the similarities and ran with some made up story.

:lol: You got me all figured out through 2 posts.

Like, why would a "Nike executive from marketing" be talking to YOU. A guy that resells shoes so that he can afford to pay for his own shoes. You two would never cross paths. EVER.

You just so happen to talk to an exec that works in OREGON, and this exec happens to share this rumor with you? Lulz.

And if you heard it from the horses mouth, how could it be a rumor?

Aight let's get real. Ohmy, you coming across real feminine right now. the amount of time you spent trying to discredit this dude over something he said is a rumor in the first place is straight up pathetic. Give it a rest. Peru called you lame, and you are making yourself look lame by continuing to beat a dead horse.

I could see it being an evolution of what may have started as a Lebron shoe. I always wonder why they dropped a 225 shoe with no player attached. Or maybe it's bs.Idk.

you do have to wonder about some of the colorway choices, and lack of marketing, was it designed for someone, then Nike went another direction? Leaving them with a shoe they had spent so much marketing research development and design time in they had to produce it, even if just to try and recoup?

It's always been like Nike didn't want this shoe to win.It was given very little promotion, no star player really attached, and only one sorta hyped release AND its a NEW 225 dollar shoe? Seems overpriced ( trying to cut their losses) and if it goes to outlets they still get their money back, just lower profit margin.

Just my perspective.

He said it's common knowledge around nike but told him it's a rumor.

Lol

If you believe any of that I got some encore iv I can sell you.

i could easily believe this to be true the part i think is a stretch is the colorways. The hyperposites would have been treated with better cws and details, I could easily see this as fact. Some of you act so brainwashed, easy to see hyperposites look better but lack the cws, and Xs are weak but have the great cws. You can tell the hyperposites were last minute rushed with generic cws

i could easily believe this to be true the part i think is a stretch is the colorways. The hyperposites would have been treated with better cws and details, I could easily see this as fact. Some of you act so brainwashed, easy to see hyperposites look better but lack the cws, and Xs are weak but have the great cws. You can tell the hyperposites were last minute rushed with generic cws

i somewhat agree.

my 2 cents on why it wouldnt have been a lebron shoe.

1. lebron went away with foam based shoes after the IV. the more recent models (7, 8, 9, and now the 10) have incorporated flywire or the newer light weight technology. its hard for me to imagine them move back tech wise than move forward. a lot of consumers want a performance shoe from the kobe/lebron lines.
2. these seem more like a generic player shoe like the foamposite lites were. i think a lot of the same players that wore those wear these with the addition of some new guys.

3......... my stretch (as stated before) is that these could have been a successor to the foamposite max AKA tim duncans. full air bubble. mostly foam. bulky.

If you remember, in other threads, RockDeep kept saying he had seen the Xs waaaaaaay before release and said they are crazy because of the new tech. As far as I know, the hyperposites don't have any signs of even moving towards new tech. Also, if Rock knew that, then obviously this marketing exec or w/e should have known that. I think it's a stretch armstrong with the colors, when have we really had CLE colors in the last year and half of releases?

I don't really care, but I can see how some are saying that the part about talking to a Nike higher-up was bs just to make the idea seem more plausible...

During a 4 min conversation with a Marketing Exec at an event, in response to me saying I like the Hyperposite more than the Lebron X the gentleman replied "Well they say that shoe was supposed to go to Lebron 1st..."

Now as I mentioned in the 1ST POST you can take that how you want to, makes no difference to me. I said "TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT" and I called it a "RUMOR". Never said he said it was a rumor, I called it that because that's how I felt he said that comment. All the color association was me looking deeper into that simple statement. Y'all kill me with all this Check Facting that's necessary for an insignificant detail of interest. Y'all worse than FOX News after an Obama speech. I see why most members worship Nike as you guys think the company employees are some sort of Gods that don't encounter normal human beings. Last I'll speak of that, since y'all cant read or are so eager to throw shade you misinterpret what I wrote.

Last edited:
Was told that the hyperposite was actually supposed to be the kdv. Kd has wanted full length AirMax for a while so I'd expect it on the 6. The plan was scrapped cuz he didn't want his shoe to be outta the price range of kids and teens

Was told that the hyperposite was actually supposed to be the kdv. Kd has wanted full length AirMax for a while so I'd expect it on the 6. The plan was scrapped cuz he didn't want his shoe to be outta the price range of kids and teens

Maybe. Plus I also remember him saying he wants a foamposite shoe (IVs) I think....but who knows. Like everyone says its all just rumors pretty much and we may never know for sure lol

Edit: he wanted a foamposite version of a KDIV not necessarily his whole sig line to be foam based http://theshoegame.com/articles/kevin-durant-wants-a-foamposite-nike-kd-iv.html

Last edited:
My New pickups. NYC and The orange And brown.

gonna try and cop all the colorways !

Last edited:
man those NYC CW goes hard, i must say tho the top 3 CWs of the hyperposite is 

1. Area 72

2. Statue of Liberty

3. NYC

Back
Top Bottom