Nike Air Max Hyperposite, New $225 Foamposite Shoe in 2012

at 30 years old, it's tough to justify camping out for sneakers or staying up all night to try to order at 8am.

as much as i wanted the raspberrys, i decided to leave things to chance and didn't set an alarm. happened to wake up at 8:30am and was very happy to see they weren't sold out yet. after i checked out, i decided to go to the beach.

wish every sneaker release was this peaceful.

at 30 years old, it's tough to justify camping out for sneakers or staying up all night to try to order at 8am.

as much as i wanted the raspberrys, i decided to leave things to chance and didn't set an alarm. happened to wake up at 8:30am and was very happy to see they weren't sold out yet. after i checked out, i decided to go to the beach.

wish every sneaker release was this peaceful.

Just curious...why would you stay up all night...to order a shoe at...8am? I'm confused, you're 30 without an alarm but you're buying $225 shoes?

Last edited:
Saw the raspberry colorway in person. Not a bad shoe. Nike is doing a good job at NOT hyping the recent Colorways :lol:

Just curious...why would you stay up all night...to order a shoe at...8am? I'm confused, you're 30 without an alarm but you're buying $225 shoes?

I usually go to sleep around 5am. Much easier to stay up until 8am than to wake up at 8am, but I don't enjoy either.

What are you confused about? Is 30 too old to still be playing basketball? If I can afford high end athletic equipment, what's the problem?

I usually go to sleep around 5am. Much easier to stay up until 8am than to wake up at 8am, but I don't enjoy either.

What are you confused about? Is 30 too old to still be playing basketball? If I can afford high end athletic equipment, what's the problem?

No, you clarified my confusion in the 1st portion of your reply. I was trying to figure out why you were staying up all night to catch a release that had a designated release time. Wasn't taking a shot Broski, you're good.

gotcha, well i actually really loved the midnight NDC releases. worked out well for me. hate this 8am stuff...

so we've got almost 200 pages of hyperposite talk. who actually bought the hyperposites today? i can't be the only one. this thread has gotten quiet.

any guesses for how much longer we'll continue to get new hyperposites? we had no releases for almost a year and then boom, new colorway in july, new one in august, new one in september, looks like hyper blue in october.

will this one a month pattern continue? and if so, for how long?

the artic greens, tropical teals & hyber blues aren't really my style, so i'm hoping for at least a couple more colorways i like. got tired of waiting, so i just bought a pair of black/crimsons because my pair is basically destroyed at this point. may buy another brown/mandarin as well as my pair is getting pretty rough as well. would rather just buy new colorways than have to track down pairs from last year, but so far the 2013 colorways have been pretty wacky.

i know it's been a common complaint here. why can't we get some basic colorways? all black? white and red? something that doesn't look really crazy?

Well I'm with you, MSL, I just bought the raspberries that dropped today off of NDC. Can't wait to get em in. Especially with October coming up. 
smokin.gif

i have a feeling the plums will be on NDC longer than the rondos just because it's a very loud colorway.
yeah it might, people actually doesn't know that these are limited like the SOL, but i saw this at my local HOH today (they have fsr) and they don't actually look bad

ohwell.gif
 its just that the color is a little tough to wear with regular clothes, more reddish purple than actual red with some pink on it
grin.gif

Last edited:
Based of the simple fact that I won't wear the Plums enough, I can't justify retail. Plus I want the damn PEs like most of a do. Nike is jerking us.

:nthat:  not feeling them, they look like poor man foams or flightposites

They don't look anything like the Foamposite or Flightposite. Closest comparison would be the Foamposite Max and the Max Hyperposite blows away the Foamposite Max in every way imaginable.

I assume you have not actually played in the Hyperposite? It's a performance beast and blows the Foam Max out of the water.

I know I'm one of the few in this thread that has been a foam supporter since day one. Lined up on release day in '97 for the Foam one, etc. I know I'm also in the minority in that I absolutely positively will not buy or wear retros.

But to me, the Hyperposite is by far th pinnacle of the posite line. The only thing holding it back is the price tag, but the shoe delivers the goods. Great use of foam, great use of hyperfuse (a lot of foams in the past would get SOOOO hot on the court), the cushioning is unreal (blows away any of the air max hyperdunks), etc.

To call the Hyperposite a poor man's Foamposite is one of the most ignorant statements I've ever seen in my 12 years on Nike Talk. Want to know what a poor man's Foamposite is? Any foamposite retro released the last few years. Compare the quality of the foam on a recent retro to a real foamposite from '97 and it's night and day.

not feeling the orange windows in those "pop arts", should have been purple to match the upper.

Broke out my grinchs for the first time the other day...

Nice custom

Thought they were a Released colorway for a min

Damn, great find. At that price I would definitely buy several pairs, especially of that colorway. I put the Black/Crimson Hyperposite right up there with the royal foam one and silver foam max in terms of my favorite shoes of all time.

Saw this article today that I thought some Hyperposite fans would enjoy:

http://www.nicekicks.com/2013/09/15/12-nike-hyperposites-wed-like-to-see-release/

Fingers crossed that we continue to get Hyperposites all throughout the 2013-2014 NBA season, although even the Hyperposite diehards seem to have skipped out on the raspberrys and tropical teals, so who knows how much support Nike will show this line when it simply doesn't sell.

if nike actually released colorways people wanted instead of trash like the tropical teals, i'm sure they would sell well enough.

Truth ^^ and they dont market or hype em at all. Lets keep it that way easy pickups mostly so far. Foams can keep the spotlight on rd

love this shoe, the only pair i copped was the fireberrys.

the plums are terrible also the teals the arctic greens were aiight but like everyone has mentioned that pricetag.

this fresh out da box dude posts as if he was born yesterday, not the sharpest knife in the drawer either.

i've been waiting for them to ID em or something, but knowing nike the options would be quite lame and over 3 bills.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom